PDA

View Full Version : Kings sign Courtney Alexander

MavsFanFinley
10-01-2004, 11:39 PM
I don't get this signing unless they're worried about injuries to Christie and Bobby Jackson. Or if they hope to get some minutes out of him behind Peja??

Kings sign Courtney Alexander

October 1, 2004

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Guard Courtney Alexander signed a one-year contract with the Sacramento Kings on Friday, shortly before the start of training camp.

Alexander scored 7.9 points per game as a reserve with the New Orleans Hornets last season.

Alexander was drafted 13th overall in the 2000 draft by the Dallas Mavericks. After a trade to Washington midway through his rookie season, he averaged 17.0 points over the last 27 games.

sike
10-02-2004, 05:21 PM
BUST.

ddh33
10-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Part of me wonders if Courtney will figure things out in Sacramento. That team has an ability to make everyone look better. Playing up-tempo, with unselfish players, might really help him develop. I would be concerned about his injuries though.

EricaLubarsky
10-02-2004, 07:28 PM
he's an undersized SG who is terrifically average. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out well like Anthony Peeler did, though.

bernardos70
10-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Who? I thought this was like a undrafted rookie. Never heard of this guy before

MavsFanFinley
10-02-2004, 11:52 PM
Who? I thought this was like a undrafted rookie. Never heard of this guy before

Alexander (I think we gave Orlando a #1 and 3 million cash) was drafted along with Najera (originally Dan Langhi), Donell Harvey (originally Pete Mickeal), and Etan Thomas in 2000.

He was sent (along with Thomas) to Washington in the Juwan Howard trade. He was then traded to the New Orleans Hornets.