PDA

View Full Version : Problems in Denver.....K-Mart sucker punches Nene

NYCdog
10-03-2004, 12:28 PM
First off, yes I know this is from the NY Post....and even worse Peter Vescey. But it has all been confirmed by Nugs fans citing local radio in Denver.

An extra on the scene informs me Nene and Kenyon Martin, on opposite sides, had been battling for turf and respect for some time - neither is a center, thus the starting four spot is up for grabs. Meaning, they weren't about to keep their hands to themselves. The usual infuriating pushin' and shovin' ensued each time either one tried to establish inside position. Suddenly Martin reverted to brutal form of a few years ago. He spun around on Nene, recounted the eyewitness, and punched the 6-11, 260-pound Brazilian, hitting him square above one eye, opening up a gash that necessitated stitches. Teammates prevented further bloodshed. Temporarily. Nene is far too bad to the bone to let Martin get away with a sucker punch. *

Story Link......scroll to the middle, its somewhere in there (http://www.nypost.com/sports/29615.htm)

bernardos70
10-03-2004, 01:42 PM
yeeeeeeha, very nice, let's see what my fellow countryman will do to retaliate this.... I highly doubt that'll be the end of it.

Evilmav2
10-03-2004, 01:53 PM
I don't see Martin's intimidation act working this time. Nene is one big, aggressive dude, and I don't see anyone who comes from San Carlos, Brazil being all that likely to roll over in the face of Kenyon's "I'm from the streets" BS...

EricaLubarsky
10-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Nene is a very classy individual. I doubt he keeps a grudge or retaliates.

Between Carmello's piss-poor attitude and K-Mart's insanty, I highly doubt Kerr's proclamation that Denver will make the 3 spot.

bernardos70
10-03-2004, 02:17 PM
One thing is being classy. Another is letting someone sucker punch you and not retaliate. And I doubt that's something he's gonna do, let go. This wasn't trash talk, this was a sucker punch requiring stitches (if vecsey is to believed).

Drbio
10-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Horrible horrible chemistry issues have emerged from what I am hearing. This news just sucks. And now Kiki V is seriously considering adding Rodman to the mix?

Oh my.

Nash13
10-03-2004, 03:32 PM
And Kenyon said he'd stop his dirty play for his kids. lol.

Murphy3
10-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by: Drbio
Horrible horrible chemistry issues have emerged from what I am hearing. This news just sucks. And now Kiki V is seriously considering adding Rodman to the mix?

Oh my.

I suppose they're taking a page out of Donnie and Don's book on chemistry from the 2003-2004 season.

Fidel
10-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Uhhh big mistake K-Mart. Never pick a fight with a brazilian "street kid".

F*** class, I hope Nene beats the shit out of this idiot.

dude1394
10-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Me too fidel.... martin is a punk.

Rod1975
10-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Way to represent Dallas K-Mart. Proud o' ya. i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

LRB
10-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Martin needs his @$$ kicked in the worst way. He is the antithesis of class. The Nugs made their bed when they signed KMart, now they'll have to lie in it. I hope Nene breaks his freaking jaw.

dirno2000
10-22-2004, 12:28 AM
According to Mark Stein (https://http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=1906548), Nene may have had it coming.

And that some of the Nuggets weren't terribly disappointed to see Kenyon Martin sock Nene in the eye during their first pre-camp pickup game, because Nene has been known to bully his teammates in practice. But I'm also told that K-Mart, on the day after, sought out Nene one-on-one to tell him he considered the incident "over" and to promise that he'll be the first Nugget ready to dismember someone if the Brazilian ever needs backup during a real scrap.

EricaLubarsky
10-22-2004, 12:59 AM
the more that I hear, the more I'm aware of how much of a big deal we made of it, and by "we" I mean "I". I was just looking for reasons to hate the Nuggets, who frankly scare me. I guess I'll just stick to Carmello.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif