10-05-2004, 07:38 PM
don't know if this has been posted.

http://www.nba.com/media/mavericks/conferencemap2004.jpg

Murphy3
10-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Thank you EL.

sike
10-05-2004, 07:44 PM
very nice....it gives a very clear visual. It will be good have have the T-pups out of the division....probably only one real team to fight for the #1 spot...though Houston and The Grizz might put up a fight...

Rod1975
10-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Try doing that with the NHL, MLB, or NFL....

EricaLubarsky
10-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by: sike
very nice....it gives a very clear visual. It will be good have have the T-pups out of the division....probably only one real team to fight for the #1 spot...though Houston and The Grizz might put up a fight...

San Antonio ain't bad either.

Murphy3
10-05-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what he's referring to when he said:
probably only one real team to fight for the #1 spot...though Houston and The Grizz might put up a fight...

EricaLubarsky
10-05-2004, 11:43 PM
you're right. I misread that.

Murphy3
10-05-2004, 11:56 PM
It's not a problem Erica. It could have happened to anyone.

Max Power
10-06-2004, 04:43 PM
That Pacific conference sure looks weak. Lakers, Suns, Warriors, Kings, and Clippers. Only the Kings look like an above-500 team right now.

FreshJive
10-06-2004, 05:55 PM
So the Suns or Kings will finish with a higher seed than the Mavs. That sucks.

Big Boy Laroux
10-07-2004, 08:35 PM
hmmmm... think the heat will win the southeast?

EricaLubarsky
10-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
hmmmm... think the heat will win the southeast?

no question.

Max Power
10-08-2004, 01:32 PM
I wonder if the winner of the Atlantic conference will even have a winning record? Those are some fugly teams in that conference.

sike
10-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by: Max Power
I wonder if the winner of the Atlantic conference will even have a winning record? Those are some fugly teams in that conference.
Big markets: Philly, NY, NJ, Boston....but losers...you gotta think that eventually these teams will get turned and that the Atlantic will be a strong division...but for now.....welcome to suckville, population: you.

Big Boy Laroux
10-08-2004, 05:36 PM
atlantic and southeast are pretty horrid.

but you're right. the atlantic is full of big-market teams. NY could do well - in about 15 years, after they get rid of isiah and get out from under their horrible contracts.

it'd be fun to pick the east playof teams...

i'd say milwaukee, indiana, detroit, miami are the locks in my opinion.

after that, it may be a free for all, but I say cleveland, Boston, Philly, and New Jersey.

TripleDipping
10-08-2004, 05:43 PM
I like Washington and Chicago's chances. Not so sure about Philly and Jersey.

Big Boy Laroux
10-08-2004, 05:45 PM
yeah, jersey would be the 8, IMO. but you're right, i think washington and chicago could be up there, too.

oh, and erica, where did you get that picture of the team in your sig?

jayC
10-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Rising teams:
Lebron James and the Cavs with a stellar rookie season and a good Olympics his team will make the playoffs.
Detroit Pistons: The NBA champs got more athletic in the offseason with Antonio Mcdeyess. Darko has yet to make an impact, but he is only 19.
Spurs:
Tony Parker, Duncan and Barry makes them real tough to deal with. Barry gives them that three point threat they lacked last season.
Dallas Mavericks:
key additions of Dampier, Terry, Stackhouse and many others make this team the one with the most potential out west. Reports are that Dampier and Dirk work off eachother real well. Key to the season will Dirk take that big step to superstar.
The Indiana Pacers: Stephen Jackson makes the pacers maybe the team to beat out East.
Falling
LA:
Odom, Grant and Divac don't equal the big fella. Kobe regrets paying the lady to keep her mouth shut real nice.
Minnesota:
Sam Cassel is holding out without him this team is in the middle of the pack.
New Orleans:
First the Baron wants out, now its Magloire.
Vince Carter and many other crying premadonnas. Suck it up your an all-star and you have no game.
Kings:
Webber says its his team, even though that's for the team to decide. They play better without him, and now Peja has said he wants out. Good luck finding equal value.
Reality shows starring billionaires:
Enough already Mark the benefactor sucks.

Drbio
10-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Awesome EL! Thanks!

EricaLubarsky
10-12-2004, 04:24 PM
any question that we are in the most difficult division in the league?

Drbio
10-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
any question that we are in the most difficult division in the league?

I don't think anyone could reasonably argue against that. Tough from top to bottom.

EricaLubarsky
10-21-2004, 04:09 PM
NBA.com has a poll on which division is the toughest.

Southwest-35%
Pacific-24%
Central- 13%
Northwest- 13%
Atlantic- 8%
Southeast- 7%

Total Responses: 40760

I honesltly don't know how 2,853 people could say that a division with NY, NJ, Philadelphia, and Toronto could be the toughest, especially since none of them are honest competitors beyond the first round. In the Southwest every team could compete in the WCSF, and a couple of the teams could make the finals if things come out right.