PDA

View Full Version : Watch Nash's first game with Suns

dirk2003
10-10-2004, 04:46 PM
http://www.nba.com/suns/

Starts out good.... We might miss that.

dirno2000
10-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Props to the Suns for putting a 2 hour scrimmage online for fans in in the area. Wish Cuban would have done that.

EricaLubarsky
10-11-2004, 12:34 PM
I was there and it was pretty fun other than looking at a purple number 13.

The teams were basically
Q-rich, Amare, Barbosa, (Tabuse) versus Nash, Marion and JJ.

I wish Amare and Nash were on the same team because it looked like Nash was inept at passing into the post, but it could have been the big europeans and Steven Hunter who just sucked.

Let me say this again: Marion and Nash moved with a single mind and Marion looked like he had developed a more complete offensive game of floaters, hooks lean-ins and fade-aways.They will be dangerous.

Could be scrimmage, but they looked very weak inside without a center. Voskuhl was definitely superior to everyone save Stoudamire.

At the end Nash spoke and repeated his assholism by telling the fans that he was glad to finally be in a place where he was appreciated. He also bitched at the refs at least three times (do people do that in scrimmages?)

It's hard to say anything else about the team based on the scrimmage but Tabuse had his best night of the season. He looked good and all the fans gave him a standing ovation but he sure as crap isnt getting any PT behind Nash, Barbosa and Eisley.

sike
10-11-2004, 01:39 PM
cuban should have been all over that!....

ocelot_ark
10-11-2004, 01:42 PM
EL,
Did he REALLY say that he was glad to be somewhere he was FINALLY APPRECIATED?

EricaLubarsky
10-11-2004, 01:48 PM
something like it, and I heard the words, "finally appreciated". He was talking about Amare Stoudamire and how he helped him decide to go back, and then he said it. I can't understand it either way- whether he was talking about ownership or players, because Mark liked him and Finley and Nowitzki are still here. Maybe he was talking about how good it felt to be recruited, but he wasnt clear.

Most Arizonans cheered, but I booed heartily.

sike
10-11-2004, 02:22 PM
but I booed heartily.
gotta love EL's commitment to the good guys. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

EricaLubarsky
10-11-2004, 02:28 PM
I made the mistake of standing and cheering for him when he was announced. I just booed when he whined about not being appreciated in Dallas.

sike
10-11-2004, 02:49 PM
I made the mistake of standing and cheering for him when he was announced.
even Moses made mistakes i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

EricaLubarsky
10-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Also, Nash was wearing a longsleeve shirt and I cant figure out why. I was wearing my Mavs tank and I was plenty warm.

another fun thing: I was working with a client during the game so we went early (about 2 hours before) to check out the kids' zone. Afterward I was pushing him in his wheelchair back to our seats. We accidentally took the service elevator instead of the main elevator and I almost ran down Joe Johnson and a bunch of Suns players coming out of the elevator.I think I almost clipped JJ's shin with the foot rest thing. My client said hello to them, clueless of who they were and after a second of being startled, I could only think to ask, "where's Nash?" and Amare replied (I think jokingly), "doing his hair". That was funny.