PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix/Sac game coming up on ESPN

mary
10-29-2004, 09:46 PM
I'm really looking forward to it. During half time of the Piston/Minnie game, they cut to Nash and Miller having a conversation. I could've swore they were talking about last night, but I can't read lips. As bitter as I am, I'm still excited to see Nash play for the first time since on his new team.

Windmill360
10-29-2004, 10:19 PM
This Minnesota game is so boring.

rakesh.s
10-29-2004, 11:09 PM
sac is done..they are showing no signs of playing defense..the one guy that did play D is coming off a foot injury and i'm not talking about webber

mary
10-29-2004, 11:40 PM
Wow, Phoenix is going to be FUN to watch this year. They just dropped 74 in a half. Nash hasn't missed a beat...Phoenix is running all over the damn place and scoring at will.

Evilmav2
10-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Sacramento is going to continue to be in trouble until they get Big Greg Ostertag back to fortify their front-line...

mary
10-30-2004, 12:14 AM
D'Antoni is limiting Nash's practice time because of his age (according to Tolbert). I guess Cuban isn't the only one that questions Nash's durability.

rakesh.s
10-30-2004, 12:16 AM
looks like they're protecting their investment..they probably feel that they can compete for a title the next 3 or 4 years before nash's contract runs out

dirno2000
10-30-2004, 12:37 AM
Nash couldn't have picked a better team...Phoenix is like a more athletic version of some of his Mavs teams.

If they could have signed Damp instead of Richardson, they'd be my pick to win the Pacific.

He's still having trouble defending Bibby.

4cwebb
10-30-2004, 01:33 AM
I'm predicting a 20-point loss to Dallas on opening night for the Kings. They're playing like they are the Lakers of the past two seasons, able to turn it on at will, when in fact they haven't come anywhere near earning that right. Disappointing to see as a Kings' fan.

mary
10-30-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Sacramento is going to continue to be in trouble until they get Big Greg Ostertag back to fortify their front-line...

Did I hear earlier that Tag could be back for the opener?

To be fair, Webber sat out the game as well. But damn, what a blow out.

dirk2003
10-30-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by: 4cwebb
I'm predicting a 20-point loss to Dallas on opening night for the Kings. They're playing like they are the Lakers of the past two seasons, able to turn it on at will, when in fact they haven't come anywhere near earning that right. Disappointing to see as a Kings' fan.

i heard that we were gonna rape yall during last years playoffs too...

V
10-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Tough to get excited about what Dallas did to Sac is you saw this game. Sacramento has big problems.

Even showers couldn't wash off the smell of this performance.
On the heels of a terrible outing Thursday night in a loss at Dallas, the Kings made it disappear with a worse one Friday night at Arco Arena while getting their backsides handed to them 124-96 by the Phoenix Suns on national television.

ESPN would have been within every right to clip the broadcast at halftime and televise solitaire in its place.

The Kings finished their eight-game preseason with a 2-6 record, their worst mark since they went 1-6 in 1994.

This is to take nothing away from Phoenix, which finished the preseason 7-1 and appears to have a deep, quick, athletic and talented team.
In fact, if one were to judge the Suns by this night, it would be that they might play the Kings 10 times and win 11.

Kings coach Rick Adelman did not use power forward Chris Webber, who might have reduced Phoenix's abusive 58-26 rebounding advantage.

The Suns are not a big team by any stretch of the imagination, so a margin of that size suggests they used their other advantages of quickness, athleticism and desire.

It's that last one that left Adelman fumbling for answers in the locker room after the game.

Adelman said he was left to hope his core players would be ready to turn on the switch Tuesday when the Kings return to Dallas to meet the Mavericks in the regular-season opener.

"I hate to say it, but it was the first time since I've been with this group that it was not with what we're trying to do," Adelman said. "I don't want to say ‘selfish,' but it seemed like it was about who's going to get the shot and how quickly we are going to get it."

And that description didn't even mention the worst end of the floor for the Kings.

New Phoenix point guard Steve Nash using his poise and savvy to get anywhere he wanted on the floor is not atypical. Having nearly all of his teammates accomplish the same thing is a bit much.

It's not news that the Kings are not among the league's most athletic squads. And without Webber and injured backup center Greg Ostertag, they also are one of the smallest crews.

But to get broken down off the dribble with the consistency that it occurred against Phoenix had to be more frightful than anything that happens Sunday on Halloween.

The Kings trailed 74-46 at halftime and already had heard boos from fans who were not trying to scare anyone.

Six Suns scored in double figures, led by Joe Johnson, who had 21 points, seven rebounds and seven assists in 29 minutes.

The Kings regained the spirit of guard Doug Christie, who started and played seven minutes before shutting it down for the night and waiting to see how his sore left foot responds.

Christie had not played during training camp or in preseason games, and had only partially participated in a scrimmage Wednesday afternoon.

His entire flow revealed that inactivity, but he didn't stand out that much from his seemingly lost teammates. They just didn't have the excuse he did.

Always the big-picture thinker, Adelman said there was no need "to beat the horse here" and practice a tired team.

"I think there were some people who were embarrassed out here," he said. "I think it may be best to let them think about it."

And if they weren't embarrassed, that also soon will be evident.

SaltwaterChaffy
10-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by: mary
I'm really looking forward to it. During half time of the Piston/Minnie game, they cut to Nash and Miller having a conversation. I could've swore they were talking about last night, but I can't read lips. As bitter as I am, I'm still excited to see Nash play for the first time since on his new team.

I saw this too. I'm pretty sure Miller said to Nash "I saw your boy[s] last night."

mary
10-30-2004, 04:20 PM
Watching Nash driving into the lane last night, forcing defenders to over commit, and making ridiculously cool looking passes to QRich in a ton of traffic......it gave me the "Oh my god, we lost Nash" sick in the gut feeling that I haven't had since July 1. Poo.

capitalcity
10-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by: mary
Watching Nash driving into the lane last night, forcing defenders to over commit, and making ridiculously cool looking passes to QRich in a ton of traffic......it gave me the "Oh my god, we lost Nash" sick in the gut feeling that I haven't had since July 1. Poo.

(Rocking back & forth)

Addition by subtraction. Addition by subtraction. I love Devin. Addition by subtraction. Addition by subtraction. Addition by subtraction.
Addition by subtraction. Addition by subtraction.Addition by subtraction. Addition by subtraction. I love Devin.

mary
10-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Oh how I'd like to rent Bruce Bowen for just one game...

grndmstr_c
10-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Watching Nash driving into the lane last night, forcing defenders to over commit, and making ridiculously cool looking passes to QRich in a ton of traffic......it gave me the "Oh my god, we lost Nash" sick in the gut feeling that I haven't had since July 1. Poo.Then, I watched Nash trying to guard Bibby as the latter ran around a series of screens, with each step adding to the distance between the two point guards until Bibby received a pass on the right wing and shot a compltetely uncontested jumper as Nash looked on helplessly. . .from the opposite side of the court. At that point I felt better about things.

mary
10-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c

Watching Nash driving into the lane last night, forcing defenders to over commit, and making ridiculously cool looking passes to QRich in a ton of traffic......it gave me the "Oh my god, we lost Nash" sick in the gut feeling that I haven't had since July 1. Poo.Then, I watched Nash trying to guard Bibby as the latter ran around a series of screens, with each step adding to the distance between the two point guards until Bibby received a pass on the right wing and shot a compltetely uncontested jumper as Nash looked on helplessly. . .from the opposite side of the court. At that point I felt better about things.

Good point i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

sike
10-31-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c

and thus ends the tale of how C, convinced sike to step away from the ledge....

sike
10-31-2004, 01:04 AM
my boy Joe Johnson is looking killer for the suns: 21pts on 8-10, 7 boards, 7 dimes...he is going to breakout out with Nash hitting him for open jumpers all year...looking like a nice fantasy pick i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ocelot_ark
10-31-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by: sike
my boy Joe Johnson is looking killer for the suns: 21pts on 8-10, 7 boards, 7 dimes...he is going to breakout out with Nash hitting him for open jumpers all year...looking like a nice fantasy pick i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Umm..excuse me. I think it's a common known fact that Joe Johnson is MY boy! I DID actually attend classes with him/meet him at the U of A. He's one cool cat, and a badass ball player. He's my second favorite player in the league. I got his autograph his rooke season when he was with boston during a preseason game. Got him to sign the ticket stub from the Arkansas/Kentucky game when Arkansas pulled out a huge upset against a top 5 Kentucky team in Bud Walton. Joe dominated that game, it wasn't even funny...

Anyway, nice to see another JJ fan on here...although, I have laid claim to being his first man love basketball crush! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Chiwas
10-31-2004, 08:38 AM
It feels as if the Mavs had a branch.

FreshJive
10-31-2004, 11:18 AM

Well my boy and fantasy pick(fantasy boy just didn't sound right) Q Rich is going to steal your boy's minutes and thunder.

rakesh.s
10-31-2004, 06:45 PM

i think he already broke out last year when the suns traded marbury

i still don't get why they felt the need to sign quentin richardson though....too many guys that need to shoot the ball

don't get me wrong, they'll be fun to watch but how long before amare starts whining about shots, like he did last year when marbury was around?

sike
11-01-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by: FreshJive

Well my boy and fantasy pick(fantasy boy just didn't sound right) Q Rich is going to steal your boy's minutes and thunder.
I'll take Johnson's sweet stroke anyday over Richardson...I just hope the Suns feel that way too.