PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets v. Lakers

dirno2000
11-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Haven't started watching the game yet, but Chris Mihm has 13 in the 1st quarter...next great Lakers big man?

grndmstr_c
11-03-2004, 12:12 AM
The 1st game's not even over and the bottom has already fallen out from under all the preseason hyping of Denver. Serious bummer about Voshon's torn achilles.

ddh33
11-03-2004, 12:22 AM
I hate to kick a team while they are down, but I think the Nuggets hype has been out of control. I think they have been one of the most overrated teams in the league. They just have too many questions for me - and that was before the Lenard injury. I think Melo has to grow up. Camby has to stay healthy. Nene has to develop his game more. Miller has to look like the guy who put up huge stats in Cleveland. Martin has to prove he can play without Kidd. And that doesn't even take into account the fact that they are playing for a lame-duck coach.

dirno2000
11-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
The 1st game's not even over and the bottom has already fallen out from under all the preseason hyping of Denver. Serious bummer about Voshon's torn achilles.That hurts. Of course I didn't understand why they went after Martin instead of Richardson...seems like two guard was a bigger need position than pf.

Carmello and Miller look chunky...well, Miller looks chunkier than usual.

Dirkenstien
11-03-2004, 12:33 AM
Ginobili would have been a great fit in Denver..better than Martin IMO...they'll be good once they get used to each other but Im not sure they'll ever be a great team. It ultimately depends on Melo's maturation

Nash13
11-03-2004, 12:38 AM
It seems like the only game worth watching tonight was on League Pass.

GP
11-03-2004, 01:02 AM
From what I saw the Lakers looked pretty good and the Nuggets looked awful. It could be one game, but those who proclaimed the demise of the lakers may have been premature. I really liked their up-tempo style and overall athletic ability. The Nuggets are going to have the same selfish problems as last year and struggle at times as a result. I can definitely see both teams looking from the outside come playoff time. K-Mart is another one of those crazy contracts. He just isn't worth that kind of money even though he is a very good player.

4cwebb
11-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by: GP
From what I saw the Lakers looked pretty good and the Nuggets looked awful. It could be one game, but those who proclaimed the demise of the lakers may have been premature. I really liked their up-tempo style and overall athletic ability. The Nuggets are going to have the same selfish problems as last year and struggle at times as a result. I can definitely see both teams looking from the outside come playoff time. K-Mart is another one of those crazy contracts. He just isn't worth that kind of money even though he is a very good player.

Not to mention the Nuggets already had a developing PF who will only get better with increased playing time. Now, with the coach knowing he has to win each and every night to get to 50 wins this season in hopes of saving his job, he's going to play the more experienced player in KMart, and in the process greatly stunt Nene's development.

And the problem with KMart is that he is an max effort player with above average talent as far as speed, quickness and leaping ability. But, he's undersized, has no consistent offense to speak of without relying so heavily on his athleticism, and in my mind has basically hit his development ceiling. Nene, on the other hand, has a much higher ceiling: he's not undersized, he has better than average PF athleticism, and he has offensive potential.

EricaLubarsky
11-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Mihm's my boy.

V2M
11-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Mihm's my boy.
Hard to believe i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif