PDA

View Full Version : Former Mavs Debut Around the League...

Misfit Mav
11-04-2004, 12:18 AM
Antawn Jamison: 34 pts / 8 rebs / 3 ast
Steve Nash: 12/3/4
Antoine Walker: 21/13/3
Nick Van Exel: 20/5/4
Eddie Najera: 5/5/1
Raef LaFrentz: 8/4/2
Jiri Welsch: 6/2/1
Travis Best: 6/2/1
Scott Williams: 4/1/2
Danny Fortson: DNP, injured
Christian Laettner: DNP, coach
Tony Delk: DNP, injured

I think that's everybody. Great games for Jamison in a big upset, and Nick Van Exel off the bench. Nash wasn't needed much and Walker's effort was futile on the Hawks.

EDIT: Forgot Raja Bell: 10/3/0

Male30Dan
11-04-2004, 07:43 AM
I posted this in another thread, but since someone made a thread just for this, I will point it out here too!

Walker: 21pts, 13reb, 3asst
KEY STATS: 9-22 FG, 2-6 3FG, 1-6 FT

Doesn't look like Mr. Pouts was working on his FT accuracy this summer!!!

V2M
11-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
I posted this in another thread, but since someone made a thread just for this, I will point it out here too!

Walker: 21pts, 13reb, 3asst
KEY STATS: 9-22 FG, 2-6 3FG, 1-6 FT

Doesn't look like Mr. Pouts was working on his FT accuracy this summer!!!
Accuracy... who needs that? He's a volume shooter, remember. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

EricaLubarsky
11-04-2004, 12:19 PM
I'd take 2-6 (33.3%) on three pointers any night over Terry's 4-7 (57.1%) , Stackhouse's 1-2 (50%), Dirk's 2-5 (40%), and Finley's 1-2 (50%). At least Walker's being aggressive!!! i/expressions/moon.gif

Anyway, the Mavs have certainly had a lot of talent over the years. It's nice to see that the ex-mavs are still having some success. Other than Eddie (who is a slight upgrade on Henderson), I don't miss any of them.

FINtastic
11-04-2004, 04:25 PM
At least Walker could get his wish of making an all-star team.

fin4life
11-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky

Anyway, the Mavs have certainly had a lot of talent over the years. It's nice to see that the ex-mavs are still having some success. Other than Eddie (who is a slight upgrade on Henderson), I don't miss any of them.

I also miss Jamison, I think he was a good team player. I feel he is an upgrade from stackhouse.... but the trade had to be made.

FilthyFinMavs
11-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Jamison is going to be hell this season. I'm happy for both Jamison and Walker. Atleast they get a chance to lead a team into the playoffs in the east. Nice game by Nick.

sike
11-04-2004, 11:35 PM
Misfit: Walker's effort was futile on the Hawks.
get used to saying that a lot

EricaLubarsky
11-05-2004, 12:47 AM
I miss Jamison off the court.

On the court I miss him about as much as Nash- not much. He's just like Nash in my book- he brought something we didnt (and don't) need (offense) at the cost of something we were desperately lacking (defense)

GP
11-05-2004, 11:07 AM
I do not believe for a second that Jamison is better than Stackhouse. Stackhouse is only 30 and can play an all-around game. Jamison is the worst defensive player in the NBA. Jamison can't get a single defensive board and can't create his own shot. For a guard, Stackhouse is an excellent rebounder, he defends well and he can get to the hoop at anytime against anyone. Not to mention he has better passing skills than he is given credit for. I'd say, on the face of it a Stackhouse for Jamison trade favored the Mavs heavily; however, the Mavs also scored a starting point guard out of the deal. Have you ever heard of a Washington trade that didn't work out one sided for the other team? I haven't.

ames7
11-05-2004, 01:27 PM
I really liked Jamison & he is probably the only player besides Najera we've lost in the last few years I was genuinely sad to see go. He's going to tear it up this year & I'm happy for him.

Nick at Nite showed up against GS. Did you see his quote? The GS fans booed him... "I really got motivated because of the boos,'' Van Exel told the San Francisco Chronicle. "Last year, I came back too early (from knee surgery) just to try to play for this franchise, and the (expletive) booed me. So I was like (expletive) them. And that's basically what I tried to do to them. Stick it to them."

Ah, good times w/the vengence.