PDA

View Full Version : Atkins bashes Showbe the drama puss

Drbio
03-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Los Angeles Lakers: Chucky Atkins, whose locker used to belong to Shaquille O'Neal, became the latest Laker to criticize Kobe Bryant.

Asked about what moves he would make in the offseason to improve the free-falling Lakers, Atkins took a shot at the seeming control Bryant has over the team.

"I ain't the GM of this team," Atkins told the Los Angeles Times. "Kobe's the GM of this team. Ask Kobe. You've been watching this [stuff] all year. You've been watching it and I've been playing it."

Team sources told the paper Atkins has been frustrated by Bryant's criticisms of his defensive play. Atkins also reportedly is irritated by how many shots Bryant takes.

Atkins told the Times "it was hard to play with anybody that's a star" when asked how it was to play with Bryant.

Bryant shrugged off Atkins' complaints.

"He'll just work through it," Bryant told the Times. "He'll be fine. That's my boy, so I'll look out for him, make sure he stays confident, make sure he stays aggressive."

Atkins has a year left on his contract after this season and has said he hopes to return to the Lakers next season rather than be traded during the offseason.

EricaLubarsky
03-28-2005, 12:42 PM
"He'll just work through it," Bryant told the Times.

Wow

kg_veteran
03-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Bryant is quite the team leader.

sike
03-28-2005, 01:05 PM
good to see that Kobe didn't even try to lie about who the real GM is....

grndmstr_c
03-28-2005, 02:31 PM
What a worthless ass. Talk about someone who deserves all the failure they've got coming to them.

Drbio
03-28-2005, 03:41 PM
The sad thing about all this is that the flakers are going to get a lottery pick. Hopefully GM showbe will screw up the pick.

Dooby
03-28-2005, 04:27 PM
I forgot who the columnist was that said it, but they were right: The Lakers should send Kobe to the lottery selection show. I'd love to see Kobe sitting at the table with failed smile as they announce the Lakers get the tenth pick in the draft.

That is, unless Stern decides to rig it again.

V2M
03-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Be careful what you ask for... 'cuz you might get it.

Big Boy Laroux
03-28-2005, 06:41 PM
"He'll just work through it," Bryant told the Times. "He'll be fine. That's my boy, so I'll look out for him, make sure he stays confident, make sure he stays aggressive."

man, this statement smells, no... REEKS of condescension.

Thespiralgoeson
03-28-2005, 07:19 PM
You know, in the past I hated Kobe simply because he was a Laker. But now he's given me a wide variety of reasons to hate him. It's just too easy to hate this guy.

seal614
03-29-2005, 01:35 AM
I can't think of anything worse than somebody you dislike referring to you as "their boy"

F*** KOBE

Nash13
05-11-2005, 07:30 AM
bump.......

Looking back, would it have been better if LA had traded Shaq for the combination of Walker/Jamison or Walker/Stackhouse/Laettner?

Misfit Mav
05-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by: Nash13
bump.......

Looking back, would it have been better if LA had traded Shaq for the combination of Walker/Jamison or Walker/Stackhouse/Laettner?

Certainly better for the Mavs i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kingrex
05-11-2005, 08:44 AM
bump.......

Not for the Lakers.

poohrichardson
05-11-2005, 01:38 PM
So, Atkins calls out Kobe, yet he doesn't want to be traded? That's GREAT for team chemistry..

Azn_Baller101
05-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by: kingrex

bump.......

Not for the Lakers.

True, but that's way better than Odom, Butler and Grant's awful contract. except you got brick and showbe trying to steal the ball from each other on the offense to get the shot... *sigh*

kingrex
05-12-2005, 10:14 AM
the reality is that Kupchak (sp?) wanted to make Kobe happy, and now that Kobe has tasted a bad season, then maybe he will be willing to abdicate some control back to Mitch.

mavsfanforever
05-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Kobe and walker combo makes me want to puke.