PDA

View Full Version : Funny

HexNBA
04-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Frustrated Allen lashes out at Spurs' Bowen (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA033105.7C.BKNspurs.bowen.18e60a1b5.html) (MySA.com)

Bowen, acknowledged as one of the league's best perimeter defenders, held Allen, an All-Star guard acknowledged as one of the league's best perimeter scorers, to 6-for-17 shooting. Allen was so frustrated that he took yet another verbal poke at Bowen's defensive tactics.

Last season, he said Bowen played "sissy basketball."

Wednesday night, he said Bowen doesn't play basketball at all.

"I don't know what he does," Allen said. "They put him out there to throw punches and throw elbows. I don't know what he's doing. That's not basketball that he plays."

Bowen responded with a subtle backhand that ought to sting Allen as much as the elbows and punches he accuses Bowen of throwing: The truly great players, Bowen said, take their licking and work on ways to outplay the great defenders.

"I've never heard the great ones say anything like that," Bowen said. "You never heard Michael Jordan say: '(New York Knicks guard) John Starks doesn't play basketball, or the Pistons don't play basketball.' John Starks might have gotten physical with him, but what did Michael do? He went and hit the gym hard and continued to play."

Cavaliers - Bulls recap (http://www.nba.com/games/20050331/CLECHI/recap.html) (NBA.com)

James played all 53 minutes but made just 10-of-28 shots and 5-of-11 free throws as he was harassed by Nocioni.

"I just tried to make it tough for him because he is such a great player," Nocioni said. "If he catches the ball it's impossible to stop him, so I tried to just deny the ball and play him hard."

In the second quarter, James elbowed the Argentine on a drive and was on the receiving end of a hard foul moments later.

"He does a lot of grabbing and holding and scratching and everything to irritate me," James said. "He did a good job of fighting me tonight, and he got help from his back line. You can't do anything but give him credit."

birdsanctuary
04-01-2005, 09:36 AM
You have to admit that Bowen has a point, as much as I hate his frickin guts!

Arne
04-02-2005, 07:11 AM
I like the way LeBron responded. Nocionni is one of my favorites.