PDA

View Full Version : Suns owner Robert Tarver....the new worst owner of the NBA....

NYCdog
04-02-2005, 02:42 AM
Next time someone tells you Mark Cuban is a bad owner, too much of a clown/cheerleader at games, refer them to these articles. Apparently new Suns owner Robert Sarver looks like he'll be soon taking Cuban's dubious title, as well as his spot in David Stern's office.

Feeling heat at Suns game

Suns owner Robert Sarver had three (Colorado) Rockies players removed from Monday night's Nuggets game at America West Arena after a verbal commotion. Pitchers Javy Lopez, Brian Fuentes and Shawn Chacon were asked to leave before the game's conclusion.

Reached Tuesday, George Bevans, the arena's head of security, cited the league's new strict code of conduct policy for the players' removal.

Outfielder Matt Holliday also attended the game and defended his teammates.

"(Sarver) was the one who acted unprofessionally. He was the one who cursed twice and was saying, 'This is my house and I can have you kicked out,"' Holliday said. "I can tell you that none of the players used profanity."

Denver Post... (http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~96~2788891,00.html)

Robert Sarver, the incoming Suns owner, became angry that the Spurs sat their All-Stars; he flapped his arms from courtside to mock the Spurs as chickens.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich joked to the San Antonio Express News that, "I still donít know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried. I donít know who Deep Throat was in Watergate. But now I know who was in the San Diego Chicken outfit all those years."

More seriously, Popovich said, "I donít think an apology is necessary. I can understand his disappointment. Heck, we were disappointed they didnít play."

East Valley Tribune (http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=37925)

Nash13
04-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Weirdo. Proves what kind of arrogance people have when they, or team, becomes famous. He wouldn't have done that stuff last year, and won't be doing it in a couple years.

GP
04-03-2005, 03:51 AM
Arrogance isn't limited to rich or famous people at all. However, it can become exacerbated by that situation.

dirk2003
04-03-2005, 05:40 PM
God please match them up with Denver.. so they can hopefully get the boot early.

EricaLubarsky
04-03-2005, 09:41 PM
I like Memphis' chances against the suns too.

Dirkenstien
04-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Even more reason to hate the Suns