PDA

View Full Version : Juwan Howard done for season/playoffs

MavsFanFinley
04-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Report: Rockets F Howard out for season

April 7, 2005

HOUSTON (Ticker) - Veteran Houston Rockets forward Juwan Howard apparently will not be back this season.

The Houston Chronicle reported Wednesday night that Howard will not play again this campaign due to a viral infection in his heart.

Howard, who has been on the injured list since March 18 with a sprained right MCL, had hoped to return for the playoffs. However, doctors told him Wednesday that he will not be cleared to play, anonymous sources told the newspaper.

According to the report, the infection will bar Howard from physical activity for four to six months. Training camp for the 2005-06 season begins in approximately six months.

Howard has averaged 9.6 points and 5.7 rebounds in 61 games this season, his 11th in the NBA and first with the Rockets. He was acquired from Orlando in the offseason in the deal that also landed Tracy McGrady.

In 791 games with Washington, Dallas, Denver, Orlando and Houston, Howard has averaged 17.2 points and 7.3 rebounds. He was an All-Star in 1996.

At 44-31, the Rockets are one-half game ahead of Denver for sixth place in the Western Conference standings.

mary
04-07-2005, 10:43 AM
The Houston Chronicle reported Wednesday night that Howard will not play again this campaign due to a viral infection in his heart.

Yikes...that doesn't sound good. I wish him the best.

bo319
04-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Thats really to bad for Juwan. I certainly hope he can make a full recovery.
This however puts Houston in quite a pickle trying to advance in the WC with only Clarence Witherspoon and Scott Padgett as their PFs. My guess is they will have to go small alot and play 4 wing players along with Yao and hope for the best.

MFFL41
04-07-2005, 12:20 PM
I feel bad for Juwan but now I wish we would play them.

And now F'ing S.A. will get them and have an easy road.

It's all a conspiracy damnit

bernardos70
04-07-2005, 02:58 PM
That sounds awful. I truly hope he fully recovers from this.

That'll really shake things up, he was really playing well and played a part in the Rockets' rise on the standings.