PDA

View Full Version : Players You Suspect of Taking Steroids

Bookit
04-13-2005, 09:40 AM
The NBA is usually left off of the steroid talk but there are a few players that I suspect have taken them. Here is my list:

1. Ron Artest - Very muscular and a very hot temper
2. Lamar Odom - Very muscular and often injured
3. Carlos Boozer - Big, mucular body and often injured. Also had to take the big contract while he was still on 'roids.
4. Gary Trent - Big, muscular body and often injured.

Any others?

Nash13
04-13-2005, 10:31 AM
NBA players taking steroids is kind of pointless. Normally people take steroids to get stronger or faster. Odom isn't that fast or strong, Boozer's cut but's a terrible defender, Artest doesn't use strength or speed as much as he does skills, and Gary Trent's just overweight.

Only players that if anyone in the league would take steroids are probably centers.

Evilmav2
04-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Priest Lauderdale

Bookit
04-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by: Nash13
NBA players taking steroids is kind of pointless. Normally people take steroids to get stronger or faster. Odom isn't that fast or strong, Boozer's cut but's a terrible defender, Artest doesn't use strength or speed as much as he does skills, and Gary Trent's just overweight.

Only players that if anyone in the league would take steroids are probably centers.

Actually the point of taking steriod in the NBA is to heal faster from injury. Also, there is an addiction to them because you are much stronger and much more aggressive. I should know as I took them in college. Artest's chest and shoulders were noticeably larger after his trade from Chicago. That is the first thing I thought when I saw him. His aggressiveness was another tipoff. If you don't think steroids would help an NBA player then you are probably one of the few that believes Barry Bonds when he said that steroids don't help you hit a baseball. Yeah right. Odom was often injured and had that 'look' of a sterioid user when his chest and shoulders looked abnormally large a few years ago. Remember, you won't lose the skills you had before you took steroids. You will only pick up some skills you never had to begin with.

aexchange
04-13-2005, 11:50 AM
i'll probably get flamed for this and i really like the guy, but i've always thought damp was on roids.

he's just too muscular.

Dooby
04-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Alonzo Mourning. I seriously doubt he takes them now, obviously, but I suspect he used to take them. The reports were that 'Zo always blamed the anti-inflamatory drugs, but professional athletes take those drugs in every sport. I think his kidney problems may have been caused by steroids.

Evilmav2
04-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by: aexchange
i'll probably get flamed for this and i really like the guy, but i've always thought damp was on roids.

he's just too muscular.

Damp was also huge when he and Dontae Jones were running the SEC and running to the Final Four at Mississippi State. And, while I know there's no way to prove he wasn't doing anything illicit back then, my own suspicions would be that he is just genetically a naturally muscular, enormous human being. I would also say that I think his historically complacent, laid back approach to playing and working out would also seem to bely the possibility of the big man using any steroids...

Some folks are just genetically predisposed to having naturally powerful, muscular builds, and I'd bet that the cowlike Dampier has never really had to do much other than eat his Grandmama's cooking and hit the weight room four times a week to build up that huge body of his.

EricaLubarsky
04-13-2005, 12:29 PM
anyone can be muscular. No one is saying that Bonds took steroids because he's buff-- its how fast he got buff that is making people talk. Dampier is enormous but he's gotten that way over 9 years of NBA play and 3 yearas of college.

http://img163.echo.cx/img163/1336/dampcollege6sv.jpg
Damp in college

http://img163.echo.cx/img163/8158/damppacers0kx.jpg
Damp as a rookie

http://img163.echo.cx/img163/467/damp20037ro.jpg
Damp in 2003

http://img163.echo.cx/img163/1046/damp20048xs.jpg
Damp this year

sike
04-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by: Evilmav2

Originally posted by: aexchange

he's just too muscular.

Damp was also huge when he and Dontae Jones were running the SEC and running to the Final Four at Mississippi State. And, while I know there's no way to prove he wasn't doing anything illicit back then, my own suspicions would be that he is just genetically a naturally muscular, enormous human being. I would also say that I think his historically complacent, laid back approach to playing and working out would also seem to bely the possibility of the big man using any steroids...

Some folks are just genetically predisposed to having naturally powerful, muscular builds (like sike), and I'd bet that the cowlike Dampier has never really had to do much other than eat his Grandmama's cooking and hit the weight room four times a week to build up that huge body of his.

Damp roiding...not true to his character, personality, upbringing, etc....

Evilmav2
04-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by: sike

Some folks are just genetically predisposed to having naturally powerful, muscular builds (like sike), and I'd bet that the cowlike Dampier has never really had to do much other than eat his Grandmama's cooking and hit the weight room four times a week to build up that huge body of his.

Damp roiding...not true to his character, personality, upbringing, etc....

Hahaha... You snuck a good one in there, Sikei/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif...

MavKikiNYC
04-14-2005, 07:56 AM
Tayshaun and Rip.

Evilmav2
04-14-2005, 09:46 AM
http://img168.echo.cx/img168/3760/tp1fu.gif
Tony Parker

irontoad
04-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
http://img168.echo.cx/img168/3760/tp1fu.gif
Tony Parker

That is one gay picture... Thanks Evil, I enjoyed having my eyes, but now it appears I'll have to gouge them out with my mechanical pencil...

Poindexter Einstein
04-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Too bad he isnt an NBAer, cause I'd loudly vote for BO JACKSON as being on steroids. He'll probably try to sue me for thinking it, but its true - the dude had the steroid build, no one tested for them at the time, and the hip replacement at a young age is a classic symptom of steroid overuse. His "I'll sue you if you say it" stance doesnt sway me away from the opinion - frankly, it actually makes me think even more that he had a juice habit he didnt want anyone to talk about. Then again if I lost a hip to juicing, I guess I would be pissy about the subject too.

jayC
04-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey he already sued some newspaper for Libel. He said that he never took steroids.

DubOverdose
04-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by: Bookit

Actually the point of taking steriod in the NBA is to heal faster from injury. Also, there is an addiction to them because you are much stronger and much more aggressive. I should know as I took them in college. Artest's chest and shoulders were noticeably larger after his trade from Chicago. That is the first thing I thought when I saw him. His aggressiveness was another tipoff. If you don't think steroids would help an NBA player then you are probably one of the few that believes Barry Bonds when he said that steroids don't help you hit a baseball. Yeah right. Odom was often injured and had that 'look' of a sterioid user when his chest and shoulders looked abnormally large a few years ago. Remember, you won't lose the skills you had before you took steroids. You will only pick up some skills you never had to begin with.
Don't steroids make injuries take LONGER to heal? I only know about medical steroids such as Prednisone. That would definitely explain some of Artest's attitude.

Bookit
04-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by: DubOverdose

Originally posted by: Bookit

Don't steroids make injuries take LONGER to heal? I only know about medical steroids such as Prednisone. That would definitely explain some of Artest's attitude.

Anabolic steoids make the healing process faster. The kind of steroids you are referring to supress the immune system to help autoimmune ailments heal.

FreshJive
04-20-2005, 08:42 PM
What about Jim Jackson? I'm sure he used some roids sometime in his life.

Poindexter Einstein
04-21-2005, 03:59 AM
BARRY BONDS - recuperating from his knee injury, isnt he even more certain to be juicing, since that aids healing? I wonder how far off the charts the test would go if they could test him right this minute. My suspicion was that he did the martyr speech about being out all year with his knee, or maybe never coming back, cause he knew he would play the juice game to heal, and didnt want to come back and get tested. (interesting rule - as long as he is on the DL, they CANT test him for steroids.)

Big Boy Laroux
04-21-2005, 01:48 PM
PE, i did not know that... but it makes sense now that he is saying he's pushing back his return. maybe he wants to make sure he's completely off of it beffore he plays again (and can then be tested).

kingrex
04-21-2005, 02:55 PM
My first candidate would be Tony Massenberg.

steponhens
04-22-2005, 02:25 PM
I have always thought Kelvin Torbort of Mich St could be on steroids. He is freaking ripped.

Also, in other sports I am suprised Terrel Owens name is never mentioned. He is jacked. He works out like crazy, even before games. Plus he is from the bay area where all the other athletes have been from that are being caught with steriods. I am not saying he does, but I am very suprised his name is never mentioned.

Big Boy Laroux
04-22-2005, 05:48 PM
i think owens is never mentioned because most football players are indeed muscular and, correct me if i'm wrong, the nfl actually has been testing its players for steroids for some time now.