PDA

View Full Version : 7'8" player from China may enter draft

Misfit Mav
04-15-2005, 07:43 AM
But he must be really terrible considering the lack of publicity at that size...

Read about him here. (http://www.the-dispatch.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050413/APS/504130766&cachetime=5)

GP
04-15-2005, 09:48 AM
This kid absolutely should not be in the draft. It sounds like he needs at least 1 year just to get in some sort of decent condition. What are these guys thinking?

fin4life
04-15-2005, 09:55 AM
From reading that, it sounds like he should skip this years draft. If he continues to train for another year... he would get a lot moe consideration.

rakesh.s
04-15-2005, 10:09 AM
geez..7'8 3/4th. That's INSANE..

Doesn't sound like this guy can play though, so it won't matter...Similar to that guy that portland picked up this season, Vranes..

mavsman55
04-15-2005, 10:49 AM
That's not even fair. But hey, if he's 7'8'' and I haven't heard about him by now he obviously isn't very talented.

Evilmav2
04-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
geez..7'8 3/4th. That's INSANE..

Doesn't sound like this guy can play though, so it won't matter...Similar to that guy that portland picked up this season, Vranes..

Based on what I read, the 7-5 Slavko was a lot more prepared for the NBA when the Knicks drafted him last year than this weird Chinese guy appears to be. Vranes can shoot and is supposed to be quite coordinated, but evidently, really needs to build up some lower body strength (does that sound familiar to anyone), but he was also a victim of Isiah's housecleaning last year...

Thespiralgoeson
04-15-2005, 08:27 PM
As several players in the NBA have proved, it takes much more to be successful in the NBA than to just be really tall. I'm sure a lot of people think this guy can pull off what Yao Ming did, but Yao is an immensly talented player, and a very good athelete considering his frame. I think I'd like to just go ahead and turn this into a thread about Yao, because he's one of my favorite players. This is just an example of how huge an impact he's had on not just the NBA but the game of basketball itself. He's brought basketball to a whole new part of the world. When Houston drafted him with the 1st pick, the NBA was changed forever. As a player he still has a long way to go, but for the impact alone that he's had on the game, he's already a hall of famer IMO. Right now, he's probably one of the most overrated players ever, because the world unfairly compaired him to and expected him to be Shaquille O'Neal, despite the fact that he has nowhere near the strenght or atheletiscism Shaq possesses. But I think he's still got the potential to be at Kareem Abdul-Jabar's level. He doesn't have Kareem's lateral movement, but he has a beautiful outside shot. If he just gets a little stronger, and stays out of foul trouble, he can shoot over people all day long ala Kareem.

Turkey
04-21-2005, 07:56 PM
wtf Mannnn how tall can people fuggin get?

EricaLubarsky
04-21-2005, 07:58 PM
how many fuggin pics can someone have in their sig?

Murphy3
04-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
how many fuggin pics can someone have in their sig?

At least 4. Perhaps you should ask DJ. He might have a better answer for you.

sike
04-22-2005, 12:45 AM
good move = ban turkey

great move = slap turkey

twelli
04-22-2005, 01:10 AM
a guy who can dunk without leaving the ground, how cool is that!

that's like a troll getting banned without saying anything... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mavs4skin
04-23-2005, 05:27 PM
The tallest man ever was Robert Wadlow and he was 8'11" tall!

Tallest man EVER!!! (https://members.shaw.ca/harbord/wadlow.html)