PDA

View Full Version : Awards...

TripleDipping
04-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Who's your pick?

MVP: Nash (I must add that I reluctantly give this to him because him leaving Dallas still leaves a bad taste in my mouth)

ROY: Okafor

Most Improved: Josh Howard

6th Man : Jerry Stackhouse

Coach of the year : Rick Carlisle

Executive of the year : Pat Riley

DubOverdose
04-15-2005, 09:43 AM
MVP: Dirk
ROY: Emeka
MIP: Dickau/Simmons
6MOY: Ricky Davis (Would be KVH had he been here longer)
COY: George Karl
Exec: Pat Riley

fin4life
04-15-2005, 10:03 AM
MVP.... Iverson (maybe Shaq)
ROY.... Omeka
Most Improved.... Bobby Simmons
6th man.... Ben Gordon
Coach..... Scott Skiles
Executive...... Little Wistle
Comeback..... Grant Hill (although this award no longer exists)

Some other awards that could be given out

Most dissapointing team.... Minnisota (lakers are close)
Most Dissapointing player... Ron Artest
Worst Exec of the year..... Mitch Kutcheck (spelling?) and Isiah Thomas
Worst Coach..... Jeff Bzdellick

rakesh.s
04-15-2005, 10:08 AM
MVP: Dirk
ROY: Gordon
MIP: Simmons
6MOY: Gordon
COY: Carlisle
Exec: Whoever is in charge in Phoenix

razap
04-15-2005, 11:16 AM
MVP- Love Shaq
MIP- Wade
ROY- Okafor
6th man- Gordon
COY-D'Antoni
Exec-Carrol Dawson (Rockets)

MFFL41
04-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Whoever is in charge in Phoenix

Jerry Colangio

Now I like Iverson, but all thuis Iverson for MVP talk is just outta line lol. He's on a .500 team that might not even make the playoffs.

Mine:
MVP: co-MVP Nash/Shaq (there are cases for both and it's just so tough)
ROY: Ben Gordon
MIP: Bobby Simmons
6th Man: Stackhouse
COY: Scott Skiles (amazing job going from 0-9 to the fourth seed, simply a great coaching job) although McMillan is a close, close second.
Personally I don't think D'Antoni is even close. He got Steve Nash and he basically does everything. D'Antoni just tells them to run/gun and play hard. I could do that.
Executive: Billy Pfund (miami heat) If you can land shaq for lamar, odom, brian grant, and caron butler. You are a damn good Executive.
Hell we could have given them Walker, Howard, and Damp for him but they wouldn't take it. Stupid lakers

Drbio
04-15-2005, 11:29 AM
MVP: Dirk...homer and proud of it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

MIP: Dwayne Wade...the kid really bloomed this year.

6MOY: Stackhouse

Coach: George Karl (although I can't believe I actually said that - he's been amazing)

Exec: If it ain't Riley it shouldn't be given out.

Chiwas
04-15-2005, 11:31 AM
6th man, Earl Boykins.

TripleDipping
04-15-2005, 11:37 AM
MFFL41: The MVP vote is a tough one. Both Shaq and Nash are important to their teams. I made my decision based on Phoenix's record.

DrBio: Do they set a minimum number of games one must coach to get the COY? If not my vote is definitely for Karl.

jayC
04-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Amare missed a third of last season. That was a major part of the big collapse in Phoenix last season.

MVP-Shaq- He makes spares like Damon Jones seem like good players.
Sixth man - Ben Gordon he is mr. clutch in the 4th quarter. he is a big reason the Bulls are back in the playoffs.
MIP- Dan Dickau
All NBA selections
1st team
Shaq
Dirk
Duncan
Allen Iverson- Has had his best season as a pro.
Nash
All five have had MVP type seasons.
Second team
Amare Stoudamire- The second best center in the league. He is second in the NBA in dunks.
KG- Still mr. everything for the T-Wolves.
Marion-mr. everything for the Suns. Scores, rebounds and is their best defender.
Kobe- on a horrible team.
Lebron- He is a great player on a struggling team.

Yao Ming- a 19 point 8 rebound guy. He has had subtle improvements in his game. Probably unfair expectations for him this year.
Elton Brand- a 20 point 10 rebound guy for the Clips.
Vince Carter- He has been great since he came to the Nets.
Kobe- a very dissapointing season for this superstar. He wanted to run the show and he got his wish.
Gilbert Arenas

________

Defensive player of the year
Ben Wallace

EricaLubarsky
04-15-2005, 12:28 PM
MVP: Dirk Nowitzki
ROY: Andre Iguodala
MIP: Simmons
6MOY: Ben Gordon
COY: Mike D'antoni
Exec: Pat Riley
Most dissapointing team: Minnesota
Most Dissapointing player: Jamal Crawford
Worst Exec of the year: Isiah Thomas
Worst Coach: Jeff Bzdellick

Evilmav2
04-15-2005, 12:31 PM
MVP: Shaq
ROY: Emeka
6th Man: Earl Boykins (It should be Stack, but obviously, he missed too many games)
MIP: Bobby Simmons
Coach of the Year: Rick Carlisle
Executive of the Year: Pat Riley

MFFL41
04-15-2005, 02:03 PM
MFFL41: The MVP vote is a tough one. Both Shaq and Nash are important to their teams. I made my decision based on Phoenix's record.

there's no doubt about it. Very tough choice.

If I had to absolutely choose it would be Shaq because Nash has Johnson, Amare, Marion, and Q Rich.

Shaq has Wade, Haslem, Damon Jones and Eddie Jones.

FilthyFinMavs
04-15-2005, 02:58 PM
6th man: Ben Gordon
MIP: Lebron James
Coach of the Year: George Karl
Exec: Whoever runs the Suns organization.

Big_Dog
04-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Rook: Ben Gordon
Most Improved: Wade or Simmons
6th man: Stack or Gordon
Coach: Carlisle has been incredible, so has Karl. Hard pick.

Team:
Shaq
Dirk
KG
Iverson
Nash

FilthyFinMavs
04-15-2005, 04:31 PM
It's going to be interesting to see what fowards make the first all NBA team. I think Dirk's a lock but either Garnett or Duncan are going to be left out.

Misfit Mav
04-15-2005, 05:39 PM
ROY: Okafor
6th Man: Ben Gordon
Defensive Player: Tim Duncan
Most Improved: Joel Przbylla
Coach of the Year: D'Antoni
Executive of the Year: Pat Riley

1st Team

G- Nash
G- LeBron James
F- Dirk
F- Duncan
C- Shaq

2nd Team

G- AI
G- Ray Allen
F- Tracy McGrady
F- Kevin Garnett
C- Amare

3rd Team

G- Arenas
G- Wade
F- Kobe
F- Shawn Marion
C- Yao Ming

mavs413
04-16-2005, 01:15 AM
In the Midseason awards thread, I had it like this:

6th man - Jerry Stackhouse DAL
Defensive - Shawn Marion PHO
Rookie- Emeka Okafor CHA
Most Improved - Bobby Simmons LAC
Coach - Eddie Jordan WAS
MVP - Tim Duncan SAS
Exec - Pat Riley MIA

But, my final Regular Season awards are:

6th man - Ben Gordon CHI
Defensive - Ben Wallace DET
Rookie - Emeka Okafor CHA
Coach - Rick Carlisle IND
MVP - Shaquille O'Neal MIA
Exec - Pat Riley MIA

Thespiralgoeson
04-16-2005, 02:38 AM
NASH IS NOT THE MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God, I'm so sick of this, and it's disgusting because he'll probably get it. Look, in order for someone to be the most valuble player they have to at least be the best player on their team. Nash isn't even close. Shawn Marion is by far the best player on that team. MVP's have to score, rebound, play defense, and lead their teams. I'm sorry, but dishing out a lot of assists when you have Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, and Quentin Richardson, while paying no attention to defense, is nowhere near enough to make him MVP. Shaq's stats aren't as great as they've been in the past, and Wade may be the all around better player, but Shaq's mere presense automatically makes whatever team he's on a contender. You could just as easily put any number of players in Wade's place and that team would still be a contender. Shaq however is irriplaceable. Nobody compares, not Yao Ming or anyone else. Kobe had to learn that the hard way this season. Now, of course, my vote would go to Dirk, but if it's between Shaq and Nash, it's Shaq. Nash should not be on that list.

dirno2000
04-16-2005, 03:04 AM
Ricky Davis should win 6th man...

16 points
3 rebounds
3 assists
46% from the field

...and he's been a go to player in the 4th despite playing with Paul Pierce. I doubt he can overcome the Ben Gordan hype machine and his reputation.

Edit to add that a big reason Ben Gordon doesn't start is because he's somewhat of a defensive liability. Davis on the other hand is the best perimeter defender on the Celtics.

mavsman55
04-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Kobe Bryant for LVP (Least Valuable Player).

mavs413
04-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Ricky Davis should win 6th man...

16 points
3 rebounds
3 assists
46% from the field

...and he's been a go to player in the 4th despite playing with Paul Pierce. I doubt he can overcome the Ben Gordan hype machine and his reputation.

I would have no problem with Ricky Davis winning it. But I like Gordon because he has dominated at times and won the Bulls some games with buzzer beaters and amazing 4th quarter performances.

Ben Gordon is 11th in points per 48 minutes, while Ricky Davis is 37th.

Epitome22
04-17-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
NASH IS NOT THE MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God, I'm so sick of this, and it's disgusting because he'll probably get it. Look, in order for someone to be the most valuble player they have to at least be the best player on their team. Nash isn't even close. Shawn Marion is by far the best player on that team.

Says who?

The award should be a guage of which player provided the most value to his team. Shawn Marion may very well be the best player on the suns, I don't know. For all I know, Paul Shirey may be the most talented player on the team. But according to the plus/minus statistics, Nash, though not the most valuable player in the league, has certainly been the most valuable player to the Suns.

[quote]
[i]Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
. MVP's have to score, rebound, play defense, and lead their teams.

Actually all MVPs have to do is provide value to their team which ever way they can. If a player couldn't play defense or score, but was somehow able to grab 35 rebounds a game, and the plus/minus guaged that was the most valuable contribution in the league, he would be the MVP regardless of what he couldn't do.

[i]Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson

I'm sorry, but dishing out a lot of assists when you have Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, and Quentin Richardson, while paying no attention to defense, is nowhere near enough to make him MVP.

According to the Roland ratings, whatever he's doing is good enough to make him the best candidiate for MVP excepting 5 players ahead of him.

Besides, you talk about Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardson like they are elite players. Both of them were bench fodder on bad teams who are being made to look spectacular because they are playing with a real point guard who's having a career year. It's called making your teammates better.

Thespiralgoeson
04-17-2005, 08:23 PM
I never said Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardson were elite players. But they are great shooters; more scorers for Nash to pass to. I'm sorry, but simply out assists on a team full of scorers doesn't compare to what Shaq does merely by being there. And I think someone at least should be the best player on their team to be MVP. Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Shaquille O'Neal, Allen Iverson, Michael Jordan, Karl Malone.... Those are just a few of the players that have been given the award in the last ten years or so. All of those guys (with the exception of maybe Shaq) were unquestionable, undeniably, undoubtedly the best players on their team. Yes, Nash is having a career year, and undeniably makes his teammates better by getting them open looks. But that team is winning because they have an incredible amount of offensive talent that needed a point guard to orchestrate the offense. Shaq makes any team he's on a contender. Shaq could turn the Atlanta Hawks into playoff contenders. Sure, he needs a player like Wade or Kobe to win a title, but by himself he automatically gets any team into the playoffs.

samoan-maverick
04-17-2005, 08:49 PM
MVP: Dirk Diggler
MIP: Eddy Curry
6th Man: Ben Gordan
ROY: Ben Gordan
Coach: Rick Carlisle
Executive: Pat Riley

1st Team all-NBA
G- Flight Number 23
G- Nasty
F- The Big Fundamental
F- Diggler
C- The Big Aristotle

2nd Team all-NBA
G- The Answer
G- Flash
F- Matrix
F- Man Child
C- Big Ben

3rd Team all-NBA
G- Bibby
G- Ray Allen
F- The Big Ticket
F- Tmac
C- Ming

Misfit Mav
04-18-2005, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by: fin4life

Mitch Kutcheck (spelling?)

Intentional?

That's about all he does for the Lakers now that Kobe makes personnel decisions.

mavs413
05-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Winners:
6th man - Ben Gordon CHI
Defensive - Ben Wallace DET
Rookie - Emeka Okafor CHA

So far I'm 4 for 4.