PDA

View Full Version : Question about cable??

raefformvp
04-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Right now I am getting EVERY station except ABC. This has been going on since yesterday afternoon. Why would cable only block out one channel? I called the cable company this morning and the guy said he could get a technician out on the 26th. I of course sounded shocked and appalled. The dude said, "What, are you going to miss your stories?" I said, "Uh, no. I'm going to miss my Mavericks on ABC." Then he acted disgusted that I would watch the lowly Mavs. He said, "Oh, we are located in Seattle." In my most sarcastic tone I said, "Yeah, good luck with all that. Have fun in the playoffs." He was quick to get me off the phone. Can you believe it is going to take 10 days to get someone here to fix my cable?! Craziness. I would change if I could, but I am in an apartment and options are few and far between. If anyone knows of any way I can fix it, let me know! I'm desperate!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

chumdawg
04-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Is this digital cable by Comcast? If so, there may be a quick fix for tomorrow's game. You can unplug the cables that go to the digital converter and plug them (or one of them) directly into your TV. This gives you basic cable, and maybe you will get ABC.

Then again, I can't understand why only ABC would not be available, so maybe it wouldn't be available on basic cable either.

At any rate, good job needling the Seattle guy. And please, for your sanity, get yourself out to a bar or something if you can't tune in the game tomorrow. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

capitalcity
04-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Raef I got it all figured out. If things aren't better by tipoff tomorrow...

1. Find a big rock, a wig, and a Martin HS letter jacket.
2. Put duct tape over your license plate or remove it entirely.
3. Get in your car and drive down to comcast on Matlock. Pull into the parking and drive right up to the entrance. Roll down your passenger side window.
4. Take a moment to think about each time they've put you on hold or didnt shown up when they said they were gonna, over-charged you, etc.
5. Now, hurl your rock at the front door.
6. Yell the obscenity/obscenities of your choice and flee the scene.
7. Drive to the sports bar of your choice and reflect as you watch the Mavs kick the fakers asses.

Of course you're an upstanding citizen, so don't forget to arrange your alibi BEFORE you committ the crime. OR just convince one of your students to do you a solid - afterall they're still juveniles. At this point in the semester there's gotta be at least one kid who will do ANYTHING for a passing grade, right?

mary
04-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Sorry to hear about you cable troubles - although the part about the guy being put off by your Mavs fandome was funny i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

I would do what chumdawg suggested - it should work.

And if all else fails, a twenty dollar antenna from Radio Shack should do the trick - or a trip to your local sports bar i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

TripleDipping
04-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Worst case scenario: Use antenna.

Comcast has to be one of the worst freakin' provider, TV or internet, that I've ever used. I never heard so many people complain about their services from Comcast. My Comcast cable internet goes out of service so often that I'm on the verge of giving up my subscription.

u2sarajevo
04-18-2005, 09:29 AM
I am so glad I don't have to deal with cable companies. I still have issues with cable though.... even though I am not a subscriber. To watch the Mav games broadcast on cable I have to go to my Health Club where they have cable at every Cardio machine free. Lately, the FSN broadcasts have been hosed. Every other channel is fine, just the FSN channel. Not always, but it happens occasionally.

I wish I could place a call on behalf of the Health Club, but I doubt they would listen to me.

EricaLubarsky
04-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
I am so glad I don't have to deal with cable companies. I still have issues with cable though.... even though I am not a subscriber. To watch the Mav games broadcast on cable I have to go to my Health Club where they have cable at every Cardio machine free. Lately, the FSN broadcasts have been hosed. Every other channel is fine, just the FSN channel. Not always, but it happens occasionally.

I wish I could place a call on behalf of the Health Club, but I doubt they would listen to me.

I still think that that is absolutely adorable.