PDA

View Full Version : It's been a year and I still miss my friend.

Drbio
04-28-2005, 11:44 AM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

God Bless ya Bill.

mary
04-28-2005, 12:02 PM

u2sarajevo
04-28-2005, 12:07 PM
I was thinking about that yesterday.

sike
04-28-2005, 12:46 PM
one of the best...a truely kind soul...

Rhylan
04-28-2005, 01:18 PM
word.

A fondly remembered guy, for sure.

irontoad
04-28-2005, 01:24 PM
I wish that I could have 'talked' with him more, and met the guy in person. To be so fondly remembered from a messageboard is amazing...

Drbio
04-28-2005, 03:28 PM
He was awesome. I have to admit...I feel about as bad today as I did a year ago. The time hasn't helped all that much.

Novice#41
04-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by: Drbio
The time hasn't helped all that much.

you are absolutely right, doc... but he lives on in our memories - always and forever !

-------------------------

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/forums/i/authorsicons/custom_outletpass.gif

OutletPass
Beloved Friend

-------------------------
Gimme Two - One's just not enough.

Evilmav2
04-28-2005, 04:10 PM
I miss Bill as well. Anytime I read anything about Notre Dame football I can't help but remember the many times I BSed with him about the sports programs of the school that both he and about seven of my relatives all attended (in addition to the fact that two of my grandparents lived within walking distance of the golden dome while working there and afterward, my dad is a proud alum, and I was born in South Bend while my pop attended the school, and I have thus been a Notre Dame football fan since about the age of 7). Unfortunately, I never did get to have a beer and watch a ND game with Outlet on a Fall Saturday the way the two of us said we would the last time we saw each other in person, and that really sucks...

Murphy3
04-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Yep, he was a good guy. The two of us butted heads at times, but that happens when you have two strong willed people arguing sport... especially when one of them is very egotistical and self centered.

It's definitely a good time to wish the sock well....it's probably hard on him right about now...

bernardos70
04-29-2005, 12:47 AM
I joined and got to enjoy only a few of his posts, but from the little I had seen of him, he was a great poster, and if his person was anything like how he posted, he was a great person as well; I'm sure he was. God bless his soul.

grndmstr_c
04-29-2005, 02:10 AM
Bill was one of the first posters to befriend me on this wonderful site. I never knew him as well as some, but I miss him nonetheless. The reality of mortality is far too often a cruel one, but it's by virtue of man's ability to foster comraderie and goodwill that I don't belive that to be a bad thing. I don't doubt for a moment that his spirit lives on through the lives he touched.

LRB
04-29-2005, 10:27 AM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif Bill was one of truest of friends anyone could have and I was honored to have him as a friend. I hope that he's smiling though from the Mavs win last night. What I wouldn't give to be able to talk with him about it. Bill may be gone, but he will never be forgotten.

DubOverdose
04-30-2005, 01:43 AM
I wasn't on here for a long time before he died, but he was the first poster who I really appreciated. He always had quality posts and seemed like a great guy.

XERXES
04-30-2005, 09:04 AM