PDA

View Full Version : Dallas-Mavs Poker Tournament

aexchange
05-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Seeing as how we have a few poker players here, I thought I'd bounce the idea off of several of you. I'm thinking about creating a private tournament somewhere on-line that we each chip in $20. Depending on the turnout, D-M.com gets $5 per entry, 2nd place gets buyin, 1st gets remainder.

Again, I'm still in the preliminary stages of this, but I thought it would be fun.

chumdawg
05-05-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm in. Sounds like a blast!

SaltwaterChaffy
05-05-2005, 08:10 PM
I'd definitely play.

mnmpeanut
05-06-2005, 12:01 AM
sign me up.

XERXES
05-06-2005, 07:05 AM
If I can squeeze it into my schedule- I'm in...

sike
05-06-2005, 09:30 AM
it would be hard to say no....

aexchange
05-06-2005, 12:36 PM
who wants to play and what time is good?

chumdawg
05-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Late evening is best for me. Anytime after about 7pm.

sike
05-06-2005, 06:59 PM
anytime chum can't be there is a good time for me.

chumdawg
05-07-2005, 03:05 AM
Sike, I'm afraid that you and I both are doomed to suffer the ignominity of losing at the hands of Chaffy and AEX. They are grizzled vets, and you and I are Devin Harris. In fact, you might say that they are John Barry and Bobby Sura, and you and I are Devin Harris and Pavel Podkolzine. (I'm the smooth PG; you're the goofy big guy. Not sure who's who among those two...)

sike
05-07-2005, 09:35 AM
I, sir, am the real Dan Harrington! You may consider yourself a turnover prone rookie...but I am much more like Steve Kerr than any of those spares you tried to compare me to...I wait to strike...but when I do, it'll be in game six and I'll rain bomb after bomb on your sorry turning it over butt!

mavsman55
05-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Where's Phil Helmuth at?!?!

FreshJive
05-08-2005, 02:40 AM
I'll contribute my 20 to the shark tank.

Rhylan
05-08-2005, 06:46 PM
I'd be into doing this as well time permitting... sounds like fun and a good way to give some money to ol' d-m.com.

sike
05-10-2005, 08:27 PM
soooOOOooooOOoooOOoo?

aexchange
05-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Can someone set something up? I've been incredibly busy lately.

Please?????? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

jthig32
05-11-2005, 11:09 AM
In order to do this everyone would have to agree on what site to play at and everyone would have to get money in that site. You'd also have to do it at a site that allows you to make private tourneys. I know Pokerstars does if you 've earned enouigh FPP points since you started playing there. I believe I have done this but have never requested to setup a tourney.

I'm also unsure whether Pokerstars allows private tourneys to be played and rake taken from that private tourney to be given to the person setting it up, rather than to PS.

Several questions to be answered there.

aexchange
05-23-2005, 12:34 PM
anyone know of a site?

i withdrew all my money from party poker and i dont think interpoker allows you to create private tables.

can someone look into this for me? the closest thing i can think of is holdempoker.com, but i dont know if they allow you to create private tables.

poohrichardson
05-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Empirepoker is the poker site I play at.. it allows you to create private tables as well..

Rhylan
05-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Why wouldn't you just put a few bucks back into partypoker, AE? Do they have a minimum deposit or something?

Since we were talking about a $20 buy in... if we go someplace that has a minimum deposit much higher than that, we're not going to have many takers.

chumdawg
05-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Party has a $50 minimum, I believe...

jthig32
05-24-2005, 12:10 PM
$50 is pretty much the standard minimum most places I think.

FreshJive
05-26-2005, 12:15 PM
I can set up private tables at Royal Vegas. I think you should be able to play from any Prima Network skin (Gaming Club, 7 Sultans, etc..). There is a 20$ min deposit at these sites, but if we play for twenty it would be 20+2. Also, I think we will have to use the honor system as far as collecting money for DM.com from the winner.

aexchange
05-26-2005, 12:37 PM
alternatively, we can each just donate $5 directly and DJ can let us know who has submitted money and who hasn't.

chumdawg
05-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Let's get it done, then. It would be nice if we could scrounge up a few more players, too.

sike
05-26-2005, 01:00 PM
so....who's in?

I am.

chumdawg
05-26-2005, 02:34 PM
I have first dibs on Sike's money.

FreshJive
05-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by: aexchange
alternatively, we can each just donate $5 directly and DJ can let us know who has submitted money and who hasn't.

The tournaments are password protected, so we could just pm the password to those who have paid.

They also sent me this link as an alternative: onlinecharitypoker (http://www.onlinecharitypoker.com/)

You have to give away noncash prizes and all the money goes to the organization, but Royal Vegas matches player buyins. Also not sure if DM.com qualifies, but in the email I explained that it was for a basketball forum and they sent me this link.

sike
05-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by: chumdawg
I have first dibs on Sike's money.
that's fair....since I've dibs on........

wait for it....

not yet................

YOUR MAMA!

chumdawg
05-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Pervert.

sike
05-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Pervert.
good one.

now I've decided to take all of Chum's chips before anyone else. Prepare for doom.

StvNash13
05-28-2005, 03:46 AM
hey, i'll play if you guys don't mind

mnmpeanut
05-28-2005, 08:12 PM
ok, i have some info. from full tilt.

they can start a private tourney with just an email. date, time, buyin, password, etc. they wouldn't be able to split the $$ between those who cash and the website, but i had an idea for that and a solution to the minimum deposit amount problem.

we could have everyone who wanted to play in our little tourney set up an account at whatever website we choose, then they could send the buyin plus the donation to dj thru paypal, etc.. he could then forward the buyin portion to someone who's a) registered at the chosen site, b) everyone feels is trustworthy enough to do the right thing with everyone's $$ (maybe a mod), and c) has met the requirements of the site to be able to transfer the $$ to each player so they can buy in the tourney (i believe full tilt requires you have a 90 day deposit history before you're allowed to transfer $$). then dj sends the buyin $$ to that person's paypal, firepay, etc. account, they deposit it in their account at the site, then transfer it to each individual player prior to the tourney.

i know it sounds involved, but it seems to me to be the best way to eliminate the minimun deposit problem and also get dj the $$ for dallas-mavs.com.

please feel free to shoot holes in this idea wherever you feel its necessary.

chumdawg
05-29-2005, 03:43 AM
Sounds spot-on, peanut. Just tell me where to send my twenty bucks, and let's get the cards in the air.

Just to save Sike on time, could we let him send twenty bucks straight to DJ and not bother participating in the tourney?

sike
05-29-2005, 08:38 AM
"Sike walk warily down the street with his brim pulled way down low........"

aexchange
10-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by: mnmpeanut
ok, i have some info. from full tilt.

they can start a private tourney with just an email. date, time, buyin, password, etc. they wouldn't be able to split the $$ between those who cash and the website, but i had an idea for that and a solution to the minimum deposit amount problem.

we could have everyone who wanted to play in our little tourney set up an account at whatever website we choose, then they could send the buyin plus the donation to dj thru paypal, etc.. he could then forward the buyin portion to someone who's a) registered at the chosen site, b) everyone feels is trustworthy enough to do the right thing with everyone's $$ (maybe a mod), and c) has met the requirements of the site to be able to transfer the $$ to each player so they can buy in the tourney (i believe full tilt requires you have a 90 day deposit history before you're allowed to transfer $$). then dj sends the buyin $$ to that person's paypal, firepay, etc. account, they deposit it in their account at the site, then transfer it to each individual player prior to the tourney.

i know it sounds involved, but it seems to me to be the best way to eliminate the minimun deposit problem and also get dj the $$ for dallas-mavs.com.

please feel free to shoot holes in this idea wherever you feel its necessary.

whose ready to lose money to me?

FreshJive
10-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Im still down.

chumdawg
10-18-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm down with it. If we are going to play on a site where everyone doesn't have an account, we may as well play for $50. Isn't that the minimum buyin/cashout on just about every site?

Party doesn't support private tourneys, does it? Surely everyone has a Party account.

alby
10-19-2005, 12:44 AM
kind of a hassle, and no i wont be there because I'm in cali..

but you guys should set up an event where all the local people on the board can meet up and play poker. it'll be a great way to meet everyone and stuff, i know if i were in town i would go..

chumdawg
10-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Alby, it's an ONLINE tournament we are talking about. Do you really think we all want to sit around a table suffering the awkward advances of the sikeymonkey?

alby
10-19-2005, 02:31 AM
so true, you're right..