PDA

View Full Version : Celts/Pacers

chumdawg
05-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Who's watching this thing end???

I have never felt so sorry for a player as I felt for Kendrick Perkins just now. Never have I felt so sorry. Pierce is a huge idiot, and he has to pay the price. Damn, man. That's just sad.

On another note...I wish they would let the refs call a technical on a guy who flops. That was just unbelievable. Yeah, Pierce swung his arm. But you'd have thought the guy was hit with a 12-gauge. When I want acting I go to the movies. When I want sports I watch basketball.

I almost want Boston to win it now. Geez.

chumdawg
05-05-2005, 08:51 PM
I fookin' hate Paul Pierce. I hate him.

EDIT: If he has a career-ending injury in his next game, it will be too late for my tastes.

cheesestar
05-05-2005, 08:53 PM
didnt see what happened there. can someone give me a recap?

chumdawg
05-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Pierce was fouled intentionally with like 10 seconds left, Celtics up one. The guy who fouled him (I don't know who) kinda accidentally hit him in the face. I do NOT think it was intentional. The whistle blows. And Pierce swings an arm at the guy. The guy flops big time. The refs call a technical. Reggie Miller makes the tech to tie the game. The Celts have to sub somebody (I guess) to shoot the free throws. Poor Kendrick Perkins has to shoot them. And of course, the pressure suffocates him, and he misses both.

Poetic justice that Miller airballs a three and it goes to overtime.

Did I mention it was Pierce's SECOND tech, and he was ejected???? How fookin' idiotic can a player be?

cheesestar
05-05-2005, 08:58 PM
well it does seem like pierce was being an idiot with the game on the line

but why flop on a swing that would've probably been a tech anyways if he swung his arm

chumdawg
05-05-2005, 09:00 PM
It wasn't that huge a swing, I don't think. Chances are it's not a tech if he doesn't act like he just died.

Thespiralgoeson
05-06-2005, 04:37 AM
The guy who flopped was Jamaal Tinsley. Tinsley, like Bruce Bowen, has a reputation as a dirty player and pulls that kind of sh*t all the time. I like Indiana a lot, but I don't like that guy.

sike
05-06-2005, 10:14 AM
great series...did the truth break his jaw??? if so, is the truth broken???? rock me.

jthig32
05-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I have never heard of Tinsley having a reputation as a dirty player.

He did flop on that play, and if I was a Pacer fan I'd be very proud of him. It's a shame they couldn't take advantage of Pierce's idiotic move.

Just FYI, Perkins had to shoot that free throw because of the rule that if a player about to shoot free throws gets thrown out, the opposing team can choose anyone on the floor or on the bench to shoot the free throws.