PDA

View Full Version : We have witnessed the birth of a superstar

endtroducing
05-06-2005, 08:35 AM
and his name is Tracy McGrady. discuss.

aexchange
05-06-2005, 08:40 AM
there's no birth. he's not a superstar until he at least wins a playoff series.

mary
05-06-2005, 08:55 AM
A) Not mavs related.

B) McGrady's been amazing.

sike
05-06-2005, 10:13 AM
birth???? where have you been? He's had the personal skill set of a superstar but with little surrounding cast for too long....

05-06-2005, 06:15 PM
He's too good already for this to be considered a "birth". Like aex said, it seems as though he would need to win atleast one playoff series in his career to have that label.

chumdawg
05-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Kobe Bryant can't hold TMac's jockstrap.

Thespiralgoeson
05-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Kobe Bryant can't hold TMac's jockstrap.

If you're talking about personality, I agree. Kobe is an asshole, McGrady seems like a genuinely good guy. But if you're talking about basketball skill, I'd say Kobe's slightly better. Not a lot, but slightly.

NYCdog
05-06-2005, 09:38 PM
T-Mac's career was born the moment he decided to step out of cousin Vince Carter's then enourmous shadow in Toronto and go on his own in Orlando. Of course his career almost died there too last season....

He's now having a ressurection in Houston.....

He will be a superstar, no doubt about that. But if Yao can step up another level (which is poissible, his stats have improved every season) they BOTH can become LEGENDARY as a duo. The Rockets have money this offseason, They will definitly use it on a PF. Maybe this is all what Yao needs to take his game to the next level cause he's done well this season playing basically by himself on their makeshift front court.

poohrichardson
05-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Kobe would kill T-Mac 1-on-1.. and I think if he was on the Rockets, they'd be just as good.

capitalcity
05-07-2005, 01:05 AM
I hope everybody enjoys sucking Tmac off tonight... cause after tomorrow all this will be moot.

You're not a "superstar" if you can't get your team out of the first round.

(EDIT: SP)

poohrichardson
05-07-2005, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by: capitalcity
I hope everybody enjoys sucking Tmac off tonight... cause after tomorrow all this will be moot.

Your not a "superstar" if you can't get your team out of the first round.

I believe the prophecy!

fin4life
05-08-2005, 01:35 PM
I have been very impressed with T-mac over the last few weeks. He is the only rocket that i have any sympathy for. He played great all series and he did everything in his power to win for his team. He led them in points, assists, and contributed in the glass and defensive end. He was very clutch for them.

I would take T-mac over Kobe any day of the week. He is definetly a superstar.

Murphy3
05-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Funny thing...how many times have we seen Dirk do similar or better things that what TMac just did in this past series... So many people seem to have already forgotten this.

dude1394
05-09-2005, 08:06 PM
As Leon Simon says, can you imagine Michael Jordan sitting in the fourth while his team was getting it's brains beat out. No mercy on the quitter.

MaverickFFL
05-10-2005, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Funny thing...how many times have we seen Dirk do similar or better things that what TMac just did in this past series... So many people seem to have already forgotten this.

JESUS Christ, man.. I'm seriously sick and tired of seeing you suck off Dirk in about 90% of your f***ing posts.

get a god damn girlfriend, you homo

i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif

Evilmav2
05-10-2005, 05:03 AM
For the last eight seasons, we have witnessed the still-birth of a superstar...

And his name is Tracy McGrady, a man who is inarguably an awfully talented scorer, but who is also a proven loser who has never been able to do much for his teams but lead them to humiliating, first-round playoff defeats or to the the NBA draft lottery...

mary
05-10-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by: dude1394
As Leon Simon says, can you imagine Michael Jordan sitting in the fourth while his team was getting it's brains beat out. No mercy on the quitter.

That's the only real criticism I had over him the entire series - I didn't understand it. I didn't understand why TMAC would get to sit the fourth, while Yao was stuck out there working his butt off. He was so dead tired at the end, he even missed a dunk.

Did McGrady request to sit?

Did Yao request to play?

Was the end of the end of the 3rd quarter too early to throw in the towel, even though you're down by 26 (I think)?