PDA

View Full Version : Let Artest play?

#1MavsFan
05-11-2005, 05:20 PM
I think Stern should let Artest play starting Friday’s game since that would make 82 games he's missed equaling a complete season. The suspension was harsh to begin with but going beyond 82 games is really pushing it. In fact the NBA would greatly benefit from this, since it would actually probably make the Detroit, Indiana series a lot closer and much more entertaining.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005/columns/story?id=2057733

EricaLubarsky
05-12-2005, 02:54 AM
82 games doesnt a season make. A season is from training camp until the time the team goes fishing.

Artest has gone ape many times, and needs help. His most recent attack was just more evidence for that. Not only did he excalate to violence what could have been a riot, he also attacked an NBA fan.

And ratings aren't a good reason to cancel a punishment-- not after what he did. It only seems unfair that he's out so long because the other guys that did almost as bad got so little.

Thespiralgoeson
05-12-2005, 03:04 AM
It's so unfortunate to see him destroy Indiana's season like that, because that team was a title contender. They dominated the regular season last year, and just fell short against Detroit. I only hope Artest can pull his act together and Indiana can resume their quest for glory. Although, I can't help but wonder how they'll play without Reggie.