PDA

View Full Version : BIG CHANGES IN ORLANDO: GM Weisbrod resigns, Former coach Brian Hill in as coach....

NYCdog
05-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Saw this on ESPN....Weisbrod resigned....apparently he couldnt take the heat of the backlash he has received over some moves he made lately......i.e. the T-Mac/Francis swap, The Mobley/Christie swap among others. Apparently, he's also gotten a few offers in the NHL....or what's left of it now. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Wiesbrod resigns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2066310)

Also, the Orlando Sentinel and ESPN are reporting the Magic will pass up on Flip Saunders and Eric Musselman to reach back in its past and hire former head coach Brian Hill....

Brian Hill to be Head Coach..... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2066733)

aexchange
05-24-2005, 08:13 AM
orlando is a sinking ship. what the heck is going on there....

fin4life
05-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Brian Hill is a very interesting choice. I thinhk he left the team in shame after the players decided that they didnt want to play for them. Strange that he returns to the same team that cast him aside so abruptly.

ddh33
05-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Big changes...I wouldn't be surprised to see Stevie Franchise moved out this summer either.

Evilmav2
05-31-2005, 12:58 PM
I like these moves. John Weisbrod proved himself to be an incompetent in his execution of the McGrady and Cat Mobley deals (no surprise considering his hockey background), and I always thought that Brian Hill was a better coach than most folks gave him credit for, so I can't see these dual announcements as being anything but positives for the hobbled Orlando Magic. If the new ownership group proves itself willing to be patient with a losing season or two under Hill, and if Weisbrod's eventual replacement at GM is able to trade away the Cancer Franchise for anything productive, I can't help but imagine that the Dwight Howard-era Magic will end up competitively rebounding much sooner than a lot of folks might guess...