PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Miami series already over?

rakesh.s
05-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Shaq's age is showing..I know he's hurt, but I don't think we'll ever see the Shaq that was dominating and dunking in Mutombo's face in 2001.

It looks like the pistons are in wade's head, so he isn't very effective.

I cannot even imagine how much a Spurs Pistons finals is going to suck. It may be worse than the SA-NJ finals a couple years ago.

V2M
05-23-2005, 11:13 PM
1 game's too early to say in a 7-game series. It could just be that Heat were rusty from their long layoff while the Pistons were kept sharp by the Pacers until 2 nights ago.

Of course, Shaq certainly looked like the bloated version of Dampier. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

dude1394
05-24-2005, 08:51 AM
One thing that I was taken aback by was how professional 'sheed wallace sounded. Boy as a professional ball player, playing on a crappy losing team must be the worst.

Evilmav2
05-24-2005, 09:24 AM
As disapointed as I am that Miami lost to Detroit last night, and as respectful as I am of Detroit's defensive strengths as a team, I still think the Shaq Daddy & co will be able to regroup after their loss, and ultimately force this series to a 6 or 7 game conclusion (one that hopefully favors Miami)...

kingrex
05-24-2005, 10:10 AM
This will be a 7-game series as long as Shaq stays healthy.

The Pistons have thrown the first punch in this heavyweight bout, but I expect the Heat to get off the mat and throw a haymaker back in game 2.

They need to find a way to free up Wade. I would try double screen to force the Pistons to an unfavorable match-up. The Pistons are good defensively at every position that it will be difficult, but no one has the combination of power AND speed that Wade does.

The Heat also need to spread out the floor to create open spaces for Shaq to maneuver. If they allow the Pistons to bunch up defensively, then they will be successful in keeping Shaq from getting where he wants to go.

I believe the Pistons will eventually take this series, but I expect that it will take all 7-games to do it.

MavKikiNYC
05-24-2005, 10:28 AM
That was an amazingly beautiful defensive game there for a stretch--great play after great play after great play in a fast-paced open-court game.

Those blocks and steals were every bit as exciting as some circus dunk.

Tayshaun is as fun a defender to watch as any shooter in the league.

Yay Defense.

kingrex
05-24-2005, 10:35 AM
A great play is a great play, be it on offense OR defense.

These are the greatest athletes in the world, and the things they do can be awe-inspiring. I agree, Kiki. I loves me some defense, at least as much as offense.

cheesestar
05-24-2005, 02:52 PM
i really really want miami to make it to the finals because if your watching as a unbiased basketball fan with your team not in the finals, you want the game to be at least entertaining. if detroit and sa make it, i might not watch the finals at all. the ideal matchup would be suns vs miami because i think miami matches up well with them

kingrex
05-24-2005, 04:50 PM
If Dallas can't be there, then I like all 4 teams. I'm interested in any matchup that occurs out of these 4.

Movie Phone
05-24-2005, 05:03 PM
i think a detroit vs. san antonio series would be extrmely exciting to watch. both of these teams play good defense, but most forget that both have very good offensive talent on their team.

kingrex
05-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by: Movie Phone
i think a detroit vs. san antonio series would be extrmely exciting to watch. both of these teams play good defense, but most forget that both have very good offensive talent on their team.

I predict that will be our NBA Finals match-up.

jayC
06-06-2005, 10:30 AM
I think San Antonio is rooting for Miami. They will shut down everyone on the Heat except Wade and Shaq. The Spurs let Amare and Nash have theirs and shut everyone else on the Spurs down. If it is the Heat and Spurs. It will be the Spurs in five. I will take the defending champs in tonight's game. Wade is hurt and Shaq still isn't shaq. The Spurs Pistons will go 7 with the Spurs coming out victorious.

KennyDirk
06-06-2005, 02:22 PM
i actually want to see a mia-sa series....cuz it'll be billed shaq V duncan....2 arguably the best top 2 in the nba to dominate....it'll prove which man makes his team better...if wade is healthy come finals he'd nullify the matchup against park and manu....so it would be fun........spurs already said they don't mind pushing the tempo...either way if det or mia..it'l be a good finals....but im rooting for miami

LRB
06-06-2005, 02:35 PM
prove which man makes his team better.

Ummm haven't Shaq's and Duncan's team already met several times in the playoffs including a win by Shaq's Lakers last year?

KennyDirk
06-06-2005, 03:43 PM
yeh but this is for the championship...not a playoff series...

LRB
06-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by: KennyDirk
yeh but this is for the championship...not a playoff series...

Most of the times that Duncan and Shaq met in the past were for a championship as well, because the winner of that series was the hands down favorite to win the title. In fact in most cases no team in the east had anywhere close to the record that either the Lakers nor the Spurs had.

Sure this venue is the NBA finals, however it would still be Miami vs. San Antonio and would do nothing more to prove who is the best than Lakers vs Spurs in the Western Conference playoffs. In fact it really doesn't prove much of anything since it's really a team sport vs. an individual sport. Shaq could be by far the most dominate player in the series still lose. Same with Duncan. In fact who on Detroit was even close to being as dominant as Shaq was last year in the finals? Did that prove that Ben Wallace is a better player than Shaq?

KennyDirk
06-06-2005, 06:46 PM
thats true..its a team sport and not an individual battle...just something i'm sure would be billed to hype the finals for ratings...in anycase as i would love to see a heat-spurs matchup....because with the mavs out...the heat would be a team to root for...not to say detroit isnt..but cuz i love wade...and kinda enjoying the big man now...but also the fact in the wc i hate every team except the mavs....i hate the spurs but i rooted for the them in the wcf because i dont root the team that beat u....plus phx is too cocky....and now in the finals i would root against the spurs because of the texas rivalry and also being a wc foe.

vjz
06-06-2005, 09:39 PM
If you hate the Spurs, you' better root for the Pistons, 'cause the Heat, with a less than 100% Wade and Shaq, cannot beat the Spurs.

MavKikiNYC
06-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Now it's over.

And once again......

Defense wins championships.