PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd--anyone

vette365
05-27-2005, 09:23 AM
new to the forum, howdy.

Big mavs fan here, been reading a lot of trade proposals

How about getting Jason Kidd here? I think we need a true PG, no disrespect to JET, but I think JET is a SG, and it shows in the playoffs.
I also think Dirk will be a lot better with a pass oriented PG, i.e., a really PG.

I know Kidd's big contract, but Mavs a realy close to a championship. Kidd might be what they need. Championship in 2 years, maybe . . .

aexchange
05-27-2005, 09:29 AM
in the future, this goes in the trade forum.

just a friendly fyi.

Hitman
05-27-2005, 12:12 PM
i'd love jason kidd but i don't think it will happen

ddh33
05-30-2005, 09:40 PM
He's one of only two or three point guards I would consider trading for, if I were the Mavs. He automatically makes everyone better.

Thespiralgoeson
06-03-2005, 12:57 AM
We've heard this name sooooooooooo many times, but I really do have to say that it's a pipe dream. Kidd is undeniably the best PG in the league. He's as good as or better than Nash at passing/playmaking, light years ahead of Nash defensively, and is a very good rebounder. Kidd's only downside as far as I can see is his age, but that's not a steep downside as he's only 33 and PG's can play until they're 40 if they want to. Kidd is New Jersey's man, and he'll stay there unless he demands a trade, which he may do. Even so, should he demand a trade, the only way this deal would work is if Finley was included, because we would couldn't take on another huge contract like Kidd's without dumping Fin's. And seeing as how New Jersey already has VC and RJ, I can't see why they would want Fin. If Kidd does demand a trade, I imagine other teams would be willing to give up more than we would be. The only other team I could really see him going to is Minnesota (and that scares me!)

LRB
06-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Kidd's only downside as far as I can see is his age,

How about his shooting? He shot under 40% last year and for his career is only shooting 40.2%. That's a good ways from being good. I'd call that a weakness.

Thespiralgoeson
06-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by: LRB

Kidd's only downside as far as I can see is his age,

How about his shooting? He shot under 40% last year and for his career is only shooting 40.2%. That's a good ways from being good. I'd call that a weakness.

Well, Kidd's amazing passing/playmaking skills allow his sub-par shooting to go relatively unseen and unfelt.

LRB
06-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Well, Kidd's amazing passing/playmaking skills allow his sub-par shooting to go relatively unseen and unfelt.

Until teams backoff Kid and make him shoot the outside shot. Sure if his team is good enough they can still win, but it is a weakness and I hardly would call it unseen and unfelt any more than Dirk's lack of post defense is unseen and unfelt or Steve Nash's lack of Defense is unseen and unfelt. Kidd is successful despite his weakness, but I'd wouldn't go so far as to say it wouldn't matter. On of the things that hurts Kidd is lacking shooters to pass to. Without those the defense crowds in and neutralizes much of his game. That's not to say that Kidd isn't one of the best PG's in the league and one of the best players as well. It's just that he has a weakness that can at times be exploited but certainly not all the time.

Thespiralgoeson
06-03-2005, 06:55 PM
No argument there. When I said that Kidd's only downside was his age, I wasn't necessarily referring to his basketball skills only. I was morseo talking about his stock/trade value etc... meaning that his contract doesn't bother me, only his age is a concern.