PDA

View Full Version : Cheney on Dean: 'Maybe his mother loved him, but I've never met anybody else who does.'

Evilmav2
06-13-2005, 01:40 AM
As the good Mr. Cheney knows, 'your mother' lines are always useful vituperative tools in debate, which is all the more reason why I am still holding on to my beautiful but unlikely dream of a Cheney presidential run in '08...

http://www.gsnmagazine.com/images/feb_05_02/Dick_Cheney.jpg
Cheney Criticizes Dean Over Remarks

Sun Jun 12,12:10 PM ET

WASHINGTON -

"I've never been able to understand his appeal. Maybe his mother loved him, but I've never met anybody who does. He's never won anything, as best I can tell," Cheney said in an interview to be aired Monday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes."

Dean was elected governor of Vermont five times between 1992 and 2000. He ran for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination but closed down his campaign after poor showings in early primaries.

In recent weeks, Dean has described the GOP as "pretty much a white, Christian party" and said many Republicans have "never made an honest living." Republican leaders have called on him to apologize, and even some Democrats have distanced themselves from his remarks.

"So far, I think he's probably helped us more than he has them," Cheney said in the interview taped Friday. "That's not the kind of individual you want to have representing your political party.

The vice president added: "I really think Howard Dean's over the top. And more important ... I think many of his fellow Democrats feel the same way."

Dean said Saturday that positive responses from influential supporters have reinforced his determination to keep talking tough.

"People want us to fight," Dean told the national party's executive committee. "We are here to fight."

Addressing Iowa party activists later Saturday in Des Moines, he added: "We need to be blunt and clear about the things we're going to fight for. I'm tired of lying down in front of the Republican machine. We need to stand up for what we believe in."

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050612/ap_on_el_ge/cheney_dean_1)

Mavdog
06-13-2005, 09:08 AM
I'd suggest that Dick take a good long look in the mirror, the reflection clearly parallels what he's saying about Dean.

Drbio
06-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Are your seriously trying to defend Dean mavdoogie? Most dims would mock you and rightfully so. If the best you can do is throw it back at Cheney in a last ditch hands in the air my daddy is bigger than your daddy surrender, then it proves the point rather well.

Mavdog
06-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by: Drbio
Are your seriously trying to defend Dean mavdoogie? Most dims would mock you and rightfully so. If the best you can do is throw it back at Cheney in a last ditch hands in the air my daddy is bigger than your daddy surrender, then it proves the point rather well.

hmm, your attempt to either a) show that you lack/do not comprehend or b) attempt to misdirect?

My suggestion is that Cheney has made similar questionable comments (such as Dean did) in the past regarding those who disagree with him, and certainly it is just as true of Cheney that "He's never won anything, as best I can tell".

So it is neither political animal that I am "trying to defend" but rather expose both for what they truly are.

Drbio
06-13-2005, 04:48 PM
No, what you are trying to do is misdirect the appropriate criticism of Dean by sidestepping to a wrongly percieved criticism of Cheney. You are the master at muddying the topic at hand in this manner.

This thread deals with Dean's idiocy. If you want to talk Cheney, start another thread. Stay on topic.

Mavdog
06-13-2005, 06:51 PM
No, what you are trying to do is misdirect the appropriate criticism of Dean by sidestepping to a wrongly percieved criticism of Cheney. You are the master at muddying the topic at hand in this manner.

This thread deals with Dean's idiocy. If you want to talk Cheney, start another thread. Stay on topic.

you must have missed the fact that this is a thread about CHENEY and his comments about DEAN. heaven forbid we should post about them.
yuck yuck yuck. it's always a good laugh when you wade into a topic.

what your mind perceives as the appropriate "topic" and your self directed effort to police "muddying" is in itself another thread....

chumdawg
06-13-2005, 07:08 PM
This thread brings back the fond, fond memories of Dick Cheney undressing John Edwards in the VP debates last fall. I'm just gonna say one thing: Dick Cheney is about the LAST guy whose bad side I would ever want to find myself on.

Drbio
06-13-2005, 07:51 PM
mavdookie just doesn't get it.....either that or he just refuses to acknowledge the obvious. Probably both.

Mavdog
06-13-2005, 10:38 PM
mavdookie just doesn't get it.....either that or he just refuses to acknowledge the obvious. Probably both.

clearly there are two people who need to take a long look in the mirror, Cheney and bio.

I'm not holding my breath that either will do such tho.

Drbio
06-13-2005, 11:51 PM
OK....let's revisit....Evil posts a very accurate story on Cheneys statement about Dean that Dean is an asset to the RNC and a detriment to the DNC. Most dimocrats concur.

mavdookie, feeling the factual sting and percieving himself and his beloved DNC to be bitchslapped again by the RNC machine tries to muddy the issue by a pathetically lame reversal...look at dick....look at dick....(editors note: you will have to excuse mavdookie...."look at dick" is his weekend mantra).

It was then rightfully pointed out that mavdickie has once again tried to muddy the intent of a thread (*gasp*) by spinning it around and pathetically attempting to reverse the intent of the thread to make a well respected repub look bad. (of course...he fails....yet again).

Once again...mavdickie...unable to comprehend the theme of the post...fails to see the obvious and whines his weak self to boredom.

Feeling the sting of being called out mavdingleberry finally reverts to his trademark weak ass posting of drivel.

Stay on topic mavdookie....we know you can do it...it's just that you aren't intelligent enough to commit to it.

Mavdog
06-14-2005, 07:48 AM
ah yes, the world according to bio. very much a mental midget, bio just cannot understand that a response to the adulation of Cheney as "your accusations bear a striking resemblence to yourself" is on topic. too bad, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Back on topic (which shouldn't be the proclivity of some posters to expose their failures), while the comments of Dean were, shall we say, a bit narrow minded and counterproductive to the democratic party's attempt to broaden its base, just off the cuff I recall Cheney uttering the phrase "go F yourself" on the Senate floor to an opposition Senator. very analogous.

Drbio
06-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Idiots abound. Well....at least morons like mavdickie anyways. Clearly he is unable to comprehend the written word or the concept of topic.

Figures....those without minds are doomed to idiocy.

*yawn*

kg_veteran
06-14-2005, 11:31 AM
I think it's pretty funny to call a guy with two PhD's a "mental midget".

Thanks for the laugh, dude.

#1MavsFan
06-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Cheney is a moron, and it seems like we already forgot about the whole Halliburton mess he created. I believe Dean is great for the U.S. and for Democrats since he won't back down, and let the Republicans get away with their multiple lies. It's sad when someone nowdays actually brings up a lie that someone has stated but gets bashed for doing so. Cheney is more scared than anything of Dean, since he's the only at the moment who has the guts to not back down to the various idiotic GOP plans.

dude1394
06-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Cheney is greatness. And what was this "halliburton" mess he created again? You mean the mess whereby the employees of halliburton are risking their rear ends helping someone while we sit back on our rear ends and watch?

But you are correct about Dean being great for the US. It will hasten the death of his pathetic party.

DEAN IN '08!!!

mavsman55
06-16-2005, 08:02 PM
"Republicans are not very friendly to different kinds of people. They are a pretty monolithic party. They all behave the same and all look the same"

- Howard Dean

"I Hate the Republicans and Everything They Stand For"

- Howard Dean

"The Republicans are pretty much a white, christian party"

- Howard Dean

Howard Dean is no stranger to offensive comments. Anytime anyone insults him, he's getting what he deserves. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. This includes people such as Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh as well.

Drbio
06-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Unfortunately, Dean had to agree to NOT run in 2008 before the DNC would give him the chairmanship. I'd love for that idiotic goofy bastard to headline the dim ticket. It would be another RNC slamdunk ass whuppin.