PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson headed back to the Lakers

rakesh.s
06-14-2005, 12:15 PM
As heard on The Dan Patrick Show..

Stay tuned for the official announcement

Misfit Mav
06-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Truly bizarre... his winning percentage as coach is in for a bit of a down-turn...

Misfit Mav
06-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Also, I wonder if this means Kobe has had some of his GM priviledges revoked.

jayC
06-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Good now we can see if he can rebuild a team.

LRB
06-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by: jayC
Good now we can see if he can rebuild a team.

There is rebuilding a team and then there is recovering from the Nuclear implosion known as Kobe. If Phil can turn the Lakers around after the Kobe fiasco, he'll definitely be the greatest coach ever IMO.

rakesh.s
06-14-2005, 01:55 PM
I suspect that they ride it out for 2 years and clear cap room to see if they can get Yao..Houston will probably match the offer though. Maybe by that time, you'll have a Tim Duncan in the draft and they can tank to get the 1st pick.

ocelot_ark
06-14-2005, 02:57 PM
I can't see a phil jackson coached team NOT giving it their all. I don't think he'll deal with being a loser.

capitalcity
06-14-2005, 03:36 PM
whatever.

Drbio
06-14-2005, 04:26 PM
I hope they suck worse next year.

TripleDipping
06-15-2005, 09:40 AM
With Phil onboard, I see a major trade coming before the season starts.
Kobe will stay, of course. Them two guys love each other.

jayC
06-15-2005, 10:19 AM
What major trade? Who wants a max contract above average Lamar Odom? Besides Kobe name one Laker that any team in the league wants? Vlade Divac, Chris Mihm, Butler, with all due respect they are all role players?

The celtics have a way better team. LA's only hope is that they suck for two years and win the lottery.

jayC
06-15-2005, 10:21 AM
What major trade? Who wants a max contract above average Lamar Odom? Besides Kobe name one Laker that any team in the league wants? Vlade Divac, Chris Mihm, Butler, with all due respect they are all role players?

There will be no Yao size orders in LA? Yao can make more money in Houston. The Shaq to LA thing was before the cap. It will not happen.

The celtics have a way better team. LA's only hope is that they suck for two years and win the lottery.

vjz
06-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Maybe a blockbuster Kobe trade is in the works? That's the only thing I can think of that can explain this...

LRB
06-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by: vjz
Maybe a blockbuster Kobe trade is in the works? That's the only thing I can think of that can explain this...

Please don't let it be hear. I want nothing to do with the cancer known as Kobe.

dalmations202
06-16-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't think it will be Kobe.....I question Odom though out in a trade.

Looking at their team. If Kobe is Jordanesque -- and Phil can find a "Pippen" like player, they have Grant in the Rodman role, and Mihm as the Big. They really are only the Pippen type player, and a few role players away from being the old Bulls.

Now I am not saying that Kobe is Jordan (but he sees himself that way) -- and not that Grant is Rodman (but they play alot alike) -- but I am not sure that the Lakers are that far away either. The question I have is whether Odom is the "Pippen" type player that Phil will look for, or who is?

vjz
06-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Maybe the Lakers have their eyes set on JHo? He is an unselfish player, and would be a great complement to Kobe, I think.

I doubt the Mavs would go for it, but what if the Lakers are willing to overpay?

dalmations202
06-16-2005, 04:37 PM
I doubt the Mavs would go for it, but what if the Lakers are willing to overpay?

About the only way I see them getting JHo is if they would do something like Odom, Mihm and #10 pick in the draft for Finley, JHo. I don't see the Lakers going for that one at all.