PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Fans throw Rocks at Pistons Bus after Championship Game

Evilmav2
06-27-2005, 08:05 AM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/gallery/2003nbaplayoffs/2003-05-29-spurs-fans.jpg
Police shrug at street party after Spurs win

Web Posted: 06/25/2005 12:00 AM CDT

Vianna Davila and Jerry Briggs
Express-News Staff Writers

"On a night when most San Antonio fans safely celebrated a third Spurs NBA championship title, the only break the defeated Detroit Pistons could muster was a shattered window on the bus carrying them to the airport from the SBC Center.

But authorities said that overall, the postgame festivities went off without a hitch, despite the Pistons' troubles and large crowds gathering downtown.

"We can say with confidence that the crowds behaved in an orderly and controlled manner," San Antonio Police Department Spokesman Michael Muniz said.

The Pistons may have disagreed when someone on the street apparently threw a rock and hit a passenger-side window when the team was about a mile from the SBC Center, said Joe Arebalo, the driver of their bus.

"Everybody shouted, "Oh, (bleep). Get us out of here,'" said Arebalo, who drives for Coach USA.

Detroit team spokesman Matt Dobek said he thinks fans on the streets were aware that the Pistons were on the bus."

EricaLubarsky
06-27-2005, 11:07 AM
although I know its just a couple of jackass fans, Im a little embarassed that I cheered the Spurs on.

Drbio
06-27-2005, 06:00 PM
No class move by a non fan. A true fan would not have acted in such a manner.

Morons are everywhere unfortunately.

LRB
06-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
although I know its just a couple of jackass fans, Im a little embarassed that I cheered the Spurs on.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that the thrower of the rock(s?) was a piston fan. Whoever was though,was definitely a jackass and then some.