bradleywillcrushyou44
07-08-2005, 12:24 AM
12 mil a year...discuss

Pirate
07-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Dumb idea....end of discussion.

grndmstr_c
07-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Can't say I'm surprised at the amount given the deals Allen and Redd got, but that sure is a lot for a player of his caliber. Wouldn't have expected him to be the choice for the Cavs, though. I don't really see him as the ideal mate to LeBron.

Rhylan
07-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Wow.

You gotta be kidding me!

I'm VERY surprised. He can't carry Allen's or Redd's jock! Amazing that an overhyped player can be a career underachiever and get that deal.

DubOverdose
07-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaay too much money! We definitely did not overpay Dampier if this goes through. 12mil a year to a player that hasn't shown that he consistently score, shoot, err basically anything particularly well is way too much. Dampier was atleast consistent with his production for just about every season before we payed him. I predict the Cavs will loose LeBron when he's a FA (S&T, or trade before his contract is up). He can probably make more money elsewhere with his contracts paying him more when he's in a bigger market...plus have a better supporting cast than overpaid Larry Hughes.

kg_veteran
07-08-2005, 12:46 AM
I'm really surprised. I'm trying to figure out whether Hughes offered Washington an opportunity to max him or not.

dirno2000
07-08-2005, 12:47 AM
PHX is now free to lowball Joe Johnson...within reason.

I like it...he's a better player than Redd. They're going after Jasikevicius pretty hard so the pure shooter they're looking for may be at the 1 instead of the 2.

I actually think he and Labron will fit together pretty well. He just played with the most selfish point guard in the league so he's used to guys that dominate the ball. Unlike Arenas, Labron likes to pass.

Misfit Mav
07-08-2005, 12:48 AM
It's too much money, but Hughes isn't much worse than Redd. He had better numbers last year on a team with more firepower. I think it's a good pick-up for the Cavs.

DevinHarriswillstart
07-08-2005, 02:38 AM
Very good poitn Dirno. I like this for the Cavs. Hughes is a tremendous all-around player. Neither Ray Allen nor Michael Redd have his types of skills. However, Cleveland needed a shooter. They better hope for Jasi. Still, defense wins championships, and Hughes is a terrific defender.

Just211
07-08-2005, 07:26 AM
i like it. I'd sign him over Redd. Redd is just a shooter, but Hughes is a player. He's not as good as a shooter, but better at everything else.
And if they really need a shooter they can trade for...............Finley i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
then run hughes, fin, Bron 1,2,3.

AnMan21
07-08-2005, 08:11 AM
i can't find this reported anywhere...all i've seen is that they're interested in him. of course, espn claims the cavs are "interested" in just about every FA available.

dalmations202
07-08-2005, 08:20 AM
PHX is now free to lowball Joe Johnson...within reason.

From what I have read, Atlanta has offered JJ a max deal, and they think phx is bluffing and will not match.

dirno2000
07-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by: AnMan21
i can't find this reported anywhere...all i've seen is that they're interested in him. of course, espn claims the cavs are "interested" in just about every FA available.Real GM was reporting that NBAdraft.net was reporting it. I would just blow it off but didn't Real GM break the Q Richardson trade story?

Drbio
07-08-2005, 09:39 AM
This is conjecture right?

If it is 12 million per, I am happy. That will make Finley's contract more palatable to potential teams who are interested.

DevinHarriswillstart
07-08-2005, 10:35 AM
If this is true, I feel bad for Jamison. Without Hughes, they don't have much of a chance to make the playoffs next year. Unless of course they get another high-tier shooting guard but that isn't looking very likely. Hey maybe Mike Fin.

cripple balls
07-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Cleveland is desperate to hold on to Lebron, thus likely to overpay free agents. Having said that i kind of like the player.

chumdawg
07-09-2005, 12:36 AM
I think I saw on ESPN this was a done deal.