PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Griffin to re-sign with Wolves

DevinHarriswillstart
07-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Griffin Close To Signing $5 Million Deal With Minnesota
12th July, 2005 - 3:41 pm
St. Paul Pioneer Press - Wolves free agent Eddie Griffin has been close to signing a $5 million per season, multiyear contract with the team.

He was jailed last week for violating his probation. [READ]

This is on real gm, and I know its not definite. FIVE MILLIION A SEASON!!! FOR JAILBIRD GRIF? I thought only the trailblazers would be dumb enough. Hopefully its a mis-print for their sake.

DubOverdose
07-12-2005, 09:28 PM
RealGM is usually very accurate. I bet its an overreaction by the TWolves.

EricaLubarsky
07-12-2005, 09:51 PM
The guy has talent. No one can deny that, but he's not one of those hard-working, good-hearted, determined guys you want to rebuild your team around.

Just wondering: who will change teams this offseason?

alby
07-13-2005, 03:22 AM
I would take Eddie Griffin for 5mil a year =\

aexchange
07-13-2005, 07:29 AM
what in the blue hell are the timberwolves doing?

rakesh.s
07-13-2005, 08:25 AM
maybe they're switching to small ball with griffin at center.

dirt_dobber
07-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Glad that the Wolves signed such a "quality" guy.

GRIFFIN, EDDIE

10/03
Suspended Rockets forward Eddie Griffin was charged for fighting with a woman who says he beat her and fired a gun in her direction. Griffin faces one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and one count of assault with bodily injury, Houston police spokesman John Cannon said Thursday. Joann Romero accused Griffin of hitting her three times in the face and shooting at her as she drove away from his home in a gated community in southwest Houston on Oct. 25. “I am sad for Eddie. We and the state have very different views of what happened that night and why,” Griffin's attorney, Rusty Hardin, told Houston television station KRIV. The Rockets suspended Griffin on Oct. 16 for missing a series of practices and skipping a team flight.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-rockets-griffincharged&prov=ap&type=lgns

10/03
Rockets forward Eddie Griffin was suspended indefinitely after he failed to show up for practice before Thursday night's exhibition game against Sacramento. The suspension came a day after coach Jeff Van Gundy met with Griffin to discuss another no-show. The third-year player missed the team's flight to Sacramento on Monday night. “He didn't show up again today, so we suspended him for conduct detrimental to the team,” Van Gundy said Thursday. “He's an integral part of what we're trying to do and yet what's going on is totally unacceptable.” Griffin told the Houston Chronicle on Wednesday that he missed the trip because of personal reasons. Griffin skipped a home game last season, too, and gave the same reason when he returned.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-rockets-griffin&prov=ap&type=lgns

4/03
Rockets forward Eddie Griffin was arrested and charged with marijuana possession after the car he was driving was stopped by police. Griffin posted $500 bond Monday and was released from jail. Griffin's attorney said he would enter an innocent plea. Griffin was pulled over for speeding Sunday night, Harris County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Kathy Martin told The Associated Press. He was cited for a misdemeanor, punishable by up to a $4,000 fine and one year in jail. Griffin's attorney, Rusty Hardin, said that after Griffin was arrested on the traffic violation police searching his vehicle found a small amount of marijuana. Griffin missed practice Monday morning. He had an outstanding warrant for another speeding citation, officials said.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-rockets-griffin&prov=ap&type=lgns

DevinHarriswillstart
07-13-2005, 11:00 AM
This just in: Kevin Mchale Tarred and Feathered for the 23rd time in his tenure as president of basketball operations.

Big Boy Laroux
07-13-2005, 12:17 PM
i hope the guy can turn his life around... but if he gets this payday, that increases the chances that he'll just fall back on old habits. having a guaranteed big contract can do that.

If i'm the t-wolves, i add all kinds of stuff into the contract. Like it's voided by the player if he gets arrested again, things like that.