PDA

View Full Version : Abdur-Rahim Agrees To Join Nets, Either Via MLE Or Sign-And-Trade

MavsFanFinley
07-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Abdur-Rahim Agrees To Join Nets, Either Via MLE Or Sign-And-Trade

18th July, 2005 - 9:01 pm

ESPN - A team source said the Nets are very close to an agreement with Shareef Abdur-Rahim on a six year contract worth roughly $38 million.

To make the deal work under cap rules, the Portland Trail Blazers , who own Abdur-Rahim's rights, would have to agree to sign him to the contract and then trade him to the Nets using a $5 million trade exception that the Nets own. In return, the Nets would send a future first round pick to the Blazers.

If the Nets are unable to get the Blazers to agree to a sign-and-trade, Abdur-Rahim has agreed to sign with the Nets for their mid-level exception at five years for about $28 million, according to the team source. So, either way, it looks like the Nets will get their hands on Abdur-Rahim.

GP
07-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Thats going to be one hell of a starting 5.

Kidd
Carter
Jefferson
Rahim
Krstic--or pencil in any guy that can rebound and throw an outlet pass.

This team should seriously contend for the East crown.

MavKikiNYC
07-18-2005, 09:38 PM
With Collins as front-court depth.

They should be better than they were last year anyway.

PepperTheMavsFan41
07-18-2005, 09:51 PM
settle down there.

echo
07-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Good signing. If Carter plays like he did after being traded and Kidd and RJ are healthy this is a pretty good team. Still don't think they can compete with Detroit, Miami or Indiana, but they are the top of the next tier.

rakesh.s
07-18-2005, 11:26 PM
They need a shot blocker or they're out in the second round.

alby
07-19-2005, 02:28 AM
Picking Abdur-Rahim puts them ahead of Indiana but still behind Detroit and Miami IMO.

Although, I think Miami is fading a little bit because Shaq is quickly diminishing before our very own eyes.

MrCheerios
07-19-2005, 02:44 AM
The nets are gonna be one nasty offensive team. Any two of those guys can just go off any given night. They still have no interior defense though and that will kill them.

alby
07-19-2005, 05:05 AM
A potent offense in the east can probably get you 55+ games in the regular season..

Arne
07-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by: alby
Picking Abdur-Rahim puts them ahead of Indiana but still behind Detroit and Miami IMO.

Although, I think Miami is fading a little bit because Shaq is quickly diminishing before our very own eyes.
Ahead of Indianna???

Tinsley, Jackson, Artest, O'neil and Foster. That team is my favorite in the east. Ron Artest will seriously kick some ass this year, mark my words...

Take the team from last year and add Artest's 24,6 points, 6,3 Rebounds, 3,1 Assists, 1,71 Steals, 0,87...!