PDA

View Full Version : Wells to Sac in 3 way deal

VivaNajera
07-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Bonzi Wells will be traded to the Kings in a three-way deal that will send Bobby Jackson, Curtis Borchardt, Raul Lopez and Kirk Snyder to the Grizzlies and Greg Ostertag to the Jazz, according to the Memphis Commercial Appeal

Wells to Sac (http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm)

jthig32
07-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Is that a salary dump for the Jazz? That doesn't seem to add up.

kg_veteran
07-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Really weird deal all the way around.

jthig32
07-22-2005, 03:48 PM
That can't be the actual trade. A one for four for the Grizz? Don't they already have too many players? I thought they were stocking to pull a three for one themselves.

There has to be more to this if it's for real.

bgantz
07-22-2005, 04:21 PM
saw this on the trade and draft board, this kinda sucks i guess.

MavsFanFinley
07-22-2005, 04:37 PM
The Kings get there sg replacement since Mobley split while only giving up an injury proned Jackson and a guy (Ostertag) that never fit in with the team. I like the trade for them.

Not sure about Utah's end but maybe they have something else in the works. I figure the same can be said for Memphis.

dalmations202
07-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Why do the Jazz want Ostertag back.?

Big Boy Laroux
07-22-2005, 05:00 PM
very strange deal from the Jazz perspective. snyder is pretty good. that can't be all they're getting back.

This is Ostertag's last year on his contract, though, if they're looking to dump salary. 1 more year at 4.4 Mil.

Jackson has one more year, too. 1 at 3.4 mil.

MavsFanFinley
07-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Big Boy...Wasn't Snyder the one that mixed it up with Stackhouse? If so, he and Sloan didn't get along so I'm not surprised by his exit. Still, you'd think they could get something more but maybe they have another move to come.

Big Boy Laroux
07-22-2005, 05:11 PM
yeah, that was snyder. so if he and the coach don't get along, i can see that. but the guy has talent.

bgantz
07-22-2005, 05:42 PM
i still never understand the 3 team trade where it seems like only 1 team gets the goods. seems like this same thing happened 2 years ago when detroit got rasheed, i can't even remember what atlanta or the celtics got.

bgantz
07-22-2005, 05:43 PM
not knocking bobby jackson or anything.

bob_sacamento
07-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Utah is doing it to get cap room to sign Sarunas.

EricaLubarsky
07-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Wont Ostertag get them the relief next year, and won't Sarunas be signed this year?

also, who did utah spend their MLE on?

alby
07-22-2005, 06:37 PM
the kings have improved from last year.

NYCdog
07-22-2005, 07:02 PM
As was said earlier, this was to gain a replacement for Mobley in Sacto. Good for them.

Considering age and injuries, Memphis gave up the best player in this deal. And this was what they got in return. They are probably gonna make another move....rumors had them trading Jason Williams and Mike Miller to Houston as part of a SNT with Swift involved with Sura, Wesley and fillers going to Beale Street. Now that Swift signed with Houston for the MLE, could Memphis still be working a deal with the Rockets to get rid of White Chocolate?

Even more perplexing is the reuniting of Ostertag and Utah in this deal. While they have had one run together before, if I remember correctly, Sloan and Ostertag did but head at one time or another, resulting in Ostertag going AWOL on the Jazz once during the season a few years back. If this is correct, why would the Jazz get rid of one of Sloan's problems in Snyder to bring another back to town in Ostertag?

And for some reason, I think this is a sign that Boozer is gone. He was almost traded to LA last season. With Ostertag back in the fold, does this make Boozer expendable?

EDIT: This brings up another question.

Would you Mav fans trade the much maligned Erick Dampier for Utah's much maligned Carlos Boozer?

DevinHarriswillstart
07-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by: NYCdog
As was said earlier, this was to gain a replacement for Mobley in Sacto. Good for them.

Considering age and injuries, Memphis gave up the best player in this deal. And this was what they got in return. They are probably gonna make another move....rumors had them trading Jason Williams and Mike Miller to Houston as part of a SNT with Swift involved with Sura, Wesley and fillers going to Beale Street. Now that Swift signed with Houston for the MLE, could Memphis still be working a deal with the Rockets to get rid of White Chocolate?

Even more perplexing is the reuniting of Ostertag and Utah in this deal. While they have had one run together before, if I remember correctly, Sloan and Ostertag did but head at one time or another, resulting in Ostertag going AWOL on the Jazz once during the season a few years back. If this is correct, why would the Jazz get rid of one of Sloan's problems in Snyder to bring another back to town in Ostertag?

And for some reason, I think this is a sign that Boozer is gone. He was almost traded to LA last season. With Ostertag back in the fold, does this make Boozer expendable?

Damp for Boozer? No way, we need a big shot blocking center. Boozer is not ashot blocker. Damp is just as good of a rebounder and we don't need the scoring.

EDIT: This brings up another question.

Would you Mav fans trade the much maligned Erick Dampier for Utah's much maligned Carlos Boozer?

NYCdog
07-23-2005, 11:49 AM
[i]Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart

Wow, I've never left anybody speechless before with one of my posts.

Thanks for the props Devin. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

jthig32
07-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by: NYCdogEDIT: This brings up another question.

You've got to be kidding. Boozer is a PF. We have one of those. Why would we even think about that trade?

dalmations202
07-23-2005, 01:06 PM
I think Boozer would be fine with Dirk and Damp in the frontcourt rotation. I don't see a trade that would work for either side though.

bernardos70
07-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Boozer for Dampier? Why would this be even considered?