PDA

View Full Version : Milicic to Hawks?

Pongo
07-26-2005, 08:16 AM
"Coincidentally, one week after Brown and the Pistons parted ways, Brown's former club offered Darko Milicic to the Atlanta Hawks for Al Harrington. Brown's reluctance to play the unproven second-year forward caused a rift between the coach and Detroit president Joe Dumars. Now it appears the Pistons are willing to trade the second overall pick of the 2003 draft." NYDailyNews (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/331406p-283227c.html)

would make sense for both sides... and the poor kid... or scrub? would finally log some more minutes

rakesh.s
07-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by: Pongo
"Coincidentally, one week after Brown and the Pistons parted ways, Brown's former club offered Darko Milicic to the Atlanta Hawks for Al Harrington. Brown's reluctance to play the unproven second-year forward caused a rift between the coach and Detroit president Joe Dumars. Now it appears the Pistons are willing to trade the second overall pick of the 2003 draft." NYDailyNews (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/331406p-283227c.html)

would make sense for both sides... and the poor kid... or scrub? would finally log some more minutes

There is no difference between the new york papers and the national enquirer, so I would take this with a grain of salt.

birdsanctuary
07-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Oh god, Darko is horrible too slow for the NBA, if Atlanta does it shame on those dumbasses, anyone who watched Darko for any length of time in Summer League could have made the same determination.

snoop
07-26-2005, 03:46 PM
darko was compared to KG before the draft. I would take him because what if....

birdsanctuary
07-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Darko compared to KG? That's crazy shi$^T

I watched Darko play pretty much a whole game 35 plus minutes against summer league players and top 3 pick and a 3rd year player should have DOMINATED!

Right NOW Pavel is better than Darko! Maybe Darko's confidence is all screwed up, and that could be true, but the guy was too slow on just about every play. Too slow to slide off his man and get the block. Too weak to pull down rebounds against smaller defenders.

My hat's off to Joe Dumars if he pulls this one off! You'll see how bad he his in Atlanta, because the minutes he receives will expose him as a fraud. All he's got is a decent outside shot, but he's no fricking Dirk Nowitzki.

WHAT IF.... WHAT IF HE SUCKS? WHAT IF HE'S A BUST?

WHAT IF YOU'VE JUST GIVEN DETROIT ANOTHER PIECE THAT PUTS THEM OVER THE TOP IN THE EAST LIKE YOU DID WITH RASHWEED!

dirk2003
07-26-2005, 04:43 PM
I always thought that Darko moved very quick for his size. He seemed as fast a Nowitzki. Am I missing something?

birdsanctuary
07-26-2005, 05:26 PM
You haven't seen him play enough minutes. Crap the guy only averaged 5.8 minutes in his career!

#1MavsFan
07-27-2005, 03:54 AM
I watched Darko play pretty much a whole game 35 plus minutes against summer league players and top 3 pick and a 3rd year player should have DOMINATED!

Yet he has less experience than most 1st year players who attended college. This is his first summer league, and he has yet to play basketball really since he didn't sniff the court the last 2 years and had no experience at all coming into that. '

Also I heard on the pistons board at Real GM that it was actually Atlanta offering Al for Darko but Dumars denied them since he still has just as much fate in Darko as the day he drafted him. Darko has all the tools to dominate one day but just needs experience and a lot of coaching. He's still only like 20 so he's younger than most rookies.

FilthyFinMavs
07-27-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't know I like this trade for both teams. Pistons would even become a deeper squad with Harrington and the Hawks have a nice core of young guys but none that are big men. Harrington, while a solid player, isn't much of a risk to give for a guy who could be something. Just imagine if the Pistons would've gotten Wade, Bosh or Anthony.

fin4life
07-27-2005, 07:26 PM
The Hawks should not let Al HArrington go. That is a complete joke of a deal. Harrington has loads of potential also.... but he also is good at the moment. I think he is a very underated player, one of the most underrated in the league.