PDA

View Full Version : Larry Brown offered Knicks job

Drbio
07-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Not unexpected....ESPN is reporting it as breaking news.

kg_veteran
07-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Ugh.

Brown and Isiah deserve each other.

poohrichardson
07-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Brown has accepted it as well.

Have fun watching the second round from home, Larry!

EricaLubarsky
07-27-2005, 12:44 AM
He'll be watching the first round from home too. Maybe with his health issues, he just wanted to coach a nice, short 82 game season.

snoop
07-27-2005, 02:00 AM
wow they should make this into a reality show "larry in NY" I'm sure he and all those egos would make for good tv

Drbio
07-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
He'll be watching the first round from home too. Maybe with his health issues, he just wanted to coach a nice, short 82 game season.

good one.

NYCdog
07-28-2005, 12:35 AM
I knew to expect this reaction here.....but I love this move.

Right now as we all know, the Knicks job is not the most prestigous job out there, given the mess the team is in and the pressure there is to win. Attracting a big-name coach is not gonna be easy for us, as was illustrated in the failed chase for former Knick Phil Jackson. And given the coaches available to pick from right now, when a coach like Larry Brown comes along and actually wants to coach here, you give him the reigns and the opportunity for him to clean up the mess, as he's done many times before.

Plain and simple....He was the best coach available on the market. You always go for the best you can get.

And even if he only lasts just two seasons, I'm confident, given his track record, this team will be in a better position then we would have been under any coach, outside of Phil Jackson, JVG, Pops or Sloan. By then, luring another big name coach wont be as hard as the mess wont be as big to clean up as it is right now.

In essence, Larry Brown gives this franchise a future we can start building upon, even if he wont be around to see the finished product. An actual future for the Knicks....now that makes me happy.

alby
07-28-2005, 01:15 AM
He was the best available, but 12 million a year? It makes him the highest paid coach in ALL of professional sports, wow.

Nash13
07-28-2005, 01:34 AM
This may be the dumbest roster move. Thomas will realize no coach can coach that bunch into anything respectable. It'll also seem dumb when the Knicks will be talking a buyout a year or two b/c of health reasons causing Brown to retire.

chumdawg
07-28-2005, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by: NYCdog
I knew to expect this reaction here.....but I love this move.

Right now as we all know, the Knicks job is not the most prestigous job out there, given the mess the team is in and the pressure there is to win. Attracting a big-name coach is not gonna be easy for us, as was illustrated in the failed chase for former Knick Phil Jackson. And given the coaches available to pick from right now, when a coach like Larry Brown comes along and actually wants to coach here, you give him the reigns and the opportunity for him to clean up the mess, as he's done many times before.

Plain and simple....He was the best coach available on the market. You always go for the best you can get.

And even if he only lasts just two seasons, I'm confident, given his track record, this team will be in a better position then we would have been under any coach, outside of Phil Jackson, JVG, Pops or Sloan. By then, luring another big name coach wont be as hard as the mess wont be as big to clean up as it is right now.

In essence, Larry Brown gives this franchise a future we can start building upon, even if he wont be around to see the finished product. An actual future for the Knicks....now that makes me happy.I typically detest New York teams. But in a healthy sort of way. It actually makes me sad to see New York teams such as the Knicks and the Giants be so...inconsequential. Healthy rivalries are the stuff that sports are made of, and so I wish the NY teams the best. This a brilliant move by the bball team up north. Brown will bring them a measure of respectability. I dare say that he will get more out of them than any other coach could. I welcome that. I hope that they will escape from the dregs and join the ranks of the living. Really and truly, the world will be a better place.

GP
07-28-2005, 11:37 PM
I absolutely detest Larry Brown and his "play the game the right way" superiority complex. The guy is a MF plain and simple. He is a backstabber, a liar and a user. How soon will he turn on Isaiah? Fortunately, Thomas is just as big a creep as Brown. Kind of like a marriage made in hell.

The question I have is who told Herb Williams that he just got fired? I read (maybe on this board) that he was putting together a staff, etc. just a week or two ago. He really should have expected this. If you deal with snakes don't be surprised when one bites the hell out of you. It is just their nature, man.

alby
07-28-2005, 11:46 PM
Personally, I see Detroit being scary next year, they are going to be pissed and they are going to be hungry.

alby
07-28-2005, 11:53 PM
http://espn.starwave.com/media/nba/2005/0728/photo/brown_isiah_412.jpg

Check out Isiah.

Now that looks like a man who is ready to backstab someone, doesn't he lol

Thespiralgoeson
07-31-2005, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by: alby
Personally, I see Detroit being scary next year, they are going to be pissed and they are going to be hungry.

I can't say that I see Detroit going anywhere but downhill at this point.

aexchange
07-31-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by: alby

i like flip, but i think hes a bit overrated. it wouldnt shock me in the least to see detroit go downhill this year.