PDA

View Full Version : chad ford to leave espn.

snoop
07-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Reported by real gm. Now whos going to come up with trades that never happen.

bgantz
07-27-2005, 02:37 AM
i honestly kinda liked the guy for some reason. i didn't realize he was mormon though, or possibly mormon.

HexNBA
07-27-2005, 05:41 AM
mormon, not sure. moron, yes.

Drbio
07-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by: HexNBA
mormon, not sure. moron, yes.

Absolutely. It is about time ESPN cut bait with this no talent scrub of an idiot.

dalmations202
07-27-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm guessing they hire Sam Smith to replace him.......wouldn't surprise me at all.

DevinHarriswillstart
07-27-2005, 02:09 PM
He is better then Krispy Kreme Stein.

Evilmav2
07-27-2005, 02:13 PM
This is kind of sad for me. I've read Ford's articles ever since he ran Sportstalk, and although he was often wrong in his trade predictions, and he has always been prone to over-hype Euro 'discoveries' of his, I've always enjoyed his work, and I think he has been probably the best and definitely the most prolific contributer to the ESPN Insider service...

chumdawg
07-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Here's what the inimitable Dan Rosenbaum has to say about Ford:

Update: I am pushing this up, because it has been reported that Chad Ford is leaving ESPN. The abuse that I am seeing him get today is extremely immature, largely a combination of jealousy and ignorance.

Around this time of year with all of the rumors flying about, sportswriters like Chad Ford take a lot of abuse. But in my humble opinion, Chad Ford is one of the best sportswriters out there. I don't think anyone works harder than he does. He travels all over the country - all over the world - for his stories. I have seen him working and he is constantly talking to people, either in person or on the phone. He understands the collective bargaining agreement as well as any sportswriter (and a lot of front office personnel), and he has started to include advanced statistics from 82games.com and John Hollinger in his articles. And he has a law degree, to boot.

I think we all underappeciate how difficult it would be to be in his shoes - to let the public know what he knows without overstepping. I think he does a very good job at that. In my humble opinion, I think we should thank our lucky stars that it is Chad Ford (and not someone else) that is in the "insider" position at ESPN.com.

P.S. I like Marc Stein a lot too, but it is Chad Ford who gets most of the abuse on message boards at this time of the year.

Drbio
07-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Rosenbaum is a Chad Ford chubby rider. Ford sucked.

DevinHarriswillstart
07-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Chad Ford always reminded me of Jimmy Falon.

fin4life
07-27-2005, 07:23 PM
I hope they get David Aldridge back. He was so much better than Ford.