PDA

View Full Version : KG for Big Ben?

snoop
08-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Toronto Sun - According to an NBA source, the subject of a blockbuster deal involving Kevin Garnett, Rasheed Wallace and Ben Wallace has been broached between the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Detroit Pistons .

The T-Wolves supposedly would send Garnett to the Pistons for the two Wallaces and two first-round picks

Intresting but KG might e worth more than that, if thats possible.

Misfit Mav
08-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Its an intriguing deal, but the Wallaces are both on the wrong side of 30. I don't think you could give up KG for that.

rakesh.s
08-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Garnett is approaching 30 real fast, and he's got a lot of miles on his body..he's been playing since he was 18

Garnett plays PF in the east and DARKO starts at Center. This is all about Darko.

Thespiralgoeson
08-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Don't see it happening, but I would absolutely LOVE to see KG sent to the East.

vjz
08-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Wow, that's a damn interesting trade proposal. But I doubt it will happen... I don't think any manager would ever risk trading someone like KG.

kriD
08-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Unless that player desperately wants to get out of your team...

Hitman
08-05-2005, 06:07 PM
That would make things VERY interesting.

Big Ben and Rasheed teaming with Wally, Hudson, Olokowandi and the crew would be cool.

And KG tutoring Darko in Detroit could be fun.

Won't happen though.

dalmations202
08-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Both teams weaken themselves, I just can't see this one happening.

Hitman
08-05-2005, 07:33 PM
I don't think Minnesota weakens themselves. They didn't make the playoffs last year....and if they stay put with KG they might not again this year.

With that roster they are going nowhere quick. Sheed and Ben are proven winners...

I don't know. I think the deal makes sense from both angles.

dalmations202
08-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Minn can trade/draft one player and be right back in the playoffs. They are miles away from winning it all, but are only one player away from the playoffs, IMO.

KG can control the paint. Wally can still play the 6th man. EJohnson can still be a defensive 5. Hudson can still score some. They just need a replacement PG or SG and they would be right back in the playoffs.

Put Fin on that team with KG this next year, and they are in the playoffs, IMO. They don't make it out of the 1st round, but they make the playoffs.

ocelot_ark
08-05-2005, 08:21 PM
From a Dallas standpoint I hope this doesn't happen. KG scares Dirk about as much as a poodle scares my dad. Wallace and Wallace patrolling the paint in Minnie would be a lot harder to deal with, IMO, than KG.

dirk2003
08-05-2005, 08:27 PM
This would make sense if Detroit drafted Chris Bosh. Imagine:

KG
Bosh
Prince
Hamilton
Billups

Very good.

dalmations202
08-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by: dirk2003

KG
Bosh
Prince
Hamilton
Billups

Very good.

Wow, I think I could coach this team to the playoffs.

DubOverdose
08-06-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by: dalmations202

Originally posted by: dirk2003

KG
Bosh
Prince
Hamilton
Billups

Very good.

Wow, I think I could coach this team to the playoffs.

Kinda like D'Antone 'coaching' the Suns to the WCF...meaning, not much if any coaching needed for the team to be good.

dalmations202
08-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Kinda like D'Antone 'coaching' the Suns to the WCF...meaning, not much if any coaching needed for the team to be good.

exactly

Windmill360
08-08-2005, 01:51 AM
Dumars Denounces Garnett Rumor
7th August, 2005 - 4:21 am
Detroit News - Pistons President Joe Dumars squelched a wild rumor that the Pistons and Minnesota Timberwolves have discussed a possible deal that would include sending Kevin Garnett to Detroit for Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and two first-round draft picks.

A column by Bill Harris in Friday's Toronto Sun created quite a stir among Detroit basketball fans the last couple of days. Harris attributed the rumor to an unidentified "NBA source."

But Dumars said any rumors involving the Pistons' seven core players -- Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Richard Hamilton, Chauncey Billups, Tayshaun Prince, Antonio McDyess and Lindsey Hunter -- should be disregarded.

Dumars said he has no intention of breaking up the nucleus of a team that has reached the NBA Finals the last two seasons.

He also said he has not even talked lately with Kevin McHale, the Timberwolves' vice president.

Harris described the blockbuster possibility as "crazy" and "farfetched."

"There certainly is a chance a (rumor) like that got started merely because long-time Minnesota coach Flip Saunders has taken over as coach of the Pistons," Harris wrote.

Garnett, a 6-foot-11 forward, averaged 22.2 points and 13.5 rebounds last season. He is an eight-time NBA All-Star and was the league's Most Valuable Player in 2003-04.

Read (http://]http://www5.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/36921/20050807/dumars_denounces_garnett_rumor/)

alby
08-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Poor KG, he isn't going anywhere in Minnesota.