PDA

View Full Version : Sports Radio in Sacramento Claims that Shareef will be a King

Evilmav2
08-10-2005, 02:20 AM
I halfway expected that the Kings might be the team that would pick up Shareef after the Nets debacle, and now Jim Kozimor with KHTK 1140 radio in Sacramento claims that he has confirmed with multiple Kings sources and with Shareef's agent that Rahim will be signed by the Kings within the next week. I'd imagine that these Shareef-era Kings will probably be able to put a lot of points on the board and rack off a good number of regular season wins, but as many fans on Kingsfans.com are fearing, their new starting lineup will be soft as charmin and seems likely to get flushed once the playoffs come around...

Kingsfans link (http://forums.kingsfans.com/showthread.php?t=7009&page=1)

SpursReport link (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40280&page=3)

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/warehouse/grizzlies00cos-1.jpg
Together Again?

aexchange
08-10-2005, 07:10 AM
great, fantastic move by the kings. this was really a coup.

bibby/peja/rahim/miller

thats a stud 4 some. only 1 of them tries to play any D, so they should resemble our beloved mavs of the 2002-2003 season.

dalmations202
08-10-2005, 08:14 AM
so they should resemble our beloved mavs of the 2002-2003 season.
Yep, or the Phoenix Suns of last year. Both made it to the WCF. I don't think they have the depth to get there though.

rakesh.s
08-10-2005, 08:27 AM
I don't think the kings are going anywhere..They are basically the vancouver grizzlies when Bibby was there. I'd expect them to finish ahead of Memphis, but I doubt they'll make the playoffs. There are too many talented teams out west.

dalmations202
08-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Let's see,

They have a Center in Miller than can rebound/defend a little, and has a little range. They have a PF in Rahim who has some inside game. They have a SF in Peja who can shoot and slash, and is 6'10". They have a PG who can run the pick n' roll and slash. They don't defend well, but they can basically score on anyone. They really need a defensive SG who is a sharpshooter from the 3. Heck Christie makes lots of sense to this team. They need depth as well.

I think this team makes the playoffs, and probably gets to the second round. I don't see the WCF for them though w/o some players playing above their normal selves.

jthig32
08-10-2005, 09:23 AM
I'll believe SAR makes a team he's on better when I see it. So far there is absolutely no evidence to make one believe that his arrival anywhere makes that team better in any way.

MavsFanFinley
08-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Don't forget Wells.

Miller/SAR/Peja/Wells/Bibby

aexchange
08-10-2005, 09:33 AM
fearless prediction

2nd round at the very worst. wells, when his head is on straight is a much better player than mobley.

thats a great lineup. my sleeper pick in 06.

MavsFanFinley
08-10-2005, 09:44 AM
The depth chart isn't too bad. I think the signing of Sampson signals the end of Songaila. Not sure how they play things out with Maurice Evans. I can't imagine they just let him walk.

Miller/Skinner/Sampson
SAR/Thomas
Peja/Williamson/Garcia
Wells/Martin
Bibby/Hart/Price

The only weak link is the pg position. Hart's a nice player but what happens if Bibby goes down?

rakesh.s
08-10-2005, 10:36 AM
i can't believe some of you guys rating the kings so high

Their starting 5 could be the worst defensive team in the league...They are going to get torched in the paint and they are going to be hammered on the board. Sure they may put up 100 points, but they're going to give up 105.

Oh, and if you think Brad Miller is a good defensive player, please pass the crack pipe...

kg_veteran
08-10-2005, 10:43 AM
The Kings aren't going to win any titles with that team, but let's not underestimate it, either. They have nice depth now, with a pretty decent backup at every position and a good starter at every position. Their starters are all offense, but their bench has a fair amount of defense on it. Too soft of a team to go really deep into the playoffs, but definitely a second round threat.

Drbio
08-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by: aexchange
fearless prediction

2nd round at the very worst. wells, when his head is on straight is a much better player than mobley.

thats a great lineup. my sleeper pick in 06.

I agree with U2 here. The Kings have put together a decent set of guys who could make a run.

alby
08-11-2005, 04:17 AM
that is a very potent starting 5, if they reunited w christie for defense they would be a pretty good ballclub

alby
that is a very potent starting 5, if they reunited w christie for defense they would be a pretty good ballclub

alby

Mavs4skin
08-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Man, that is a deep team, and they have an big game player at every position. They scare me quite a bit now. They never had guys that could dominate in the post and now they have 2 with Wells and 'Reef. Still, they'll be sniffing our championship dust!

Mavs4skin
08-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Man, that is a deep team, and they have an big game player at every position. They scare me quite a bit now. They never had guys that could dominate in the post and now they have 2 with Wells and 'Reef. Still, they'll be sniffing our championship dust!

alby
08-11-2005, 10:37 PM
i didnt know bonzi wells dominated the post

alby
08-11-2005, 10:37 PM
i didnt know bonzi wells dominated the post

Mavs4skin
08-12-2005, 11:43 PM
I used to live in Portland. Bonzi can dominate any part of the game if he puts his mind to it. Unfortunately for him, he never does.

alby
08-13-2005, 04:40 AM
scary team... if SAR and Bonzi consistently draw double teams in the post, they will be extremely difficult to beat..

Quetzalcoatl
08-13-2005, 07:48 AM
Congratulations for the Kings, they are making a very good team. Nevertheless the Mavs...

DevinHarriswillstart
08-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Wasn't Shareef the most blocked player? The guy had never passed the basketball. Bonzi Wells was a bench player. Brad Miller is now injury-prone, with Peja. Other then Bibby, that team doesn't impress me.

alby
08-13-2005, 06:44 PM
I rather have a guy who is the most blocked player opposed to someone who is too scared to take it up.