PDA

View Full Version : Clippers interested in Pierce

Windmill360
08-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Friday, August 12, 2005
Clippers Want Pierce
From Sam Amico:

Three sources told me in the last two days that the Clips have approached Boston about the availibility of Paul Pierce. That's all they said. I'll have a story in the morning.

Here is the Story (http://probasketballnews.com/amico_0812.html)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://rantnraveinc.com/celticsblog/images/paulscream.jpg

If this is the case, I hope that they would now be willing to include Livingston in the deal. (It was reported that when they asked about Pierce in the past, the C's asked about Livingston and were hung up on) Wilcox just had his gun charges dropped in court. Maybe they think he's more marketable now. I wonder about the timing of this interest.

I don't think the Clips would have to match salaries as they are under the cap. They could take on extra salary to make it work. Before you snort up in your coffee, remember that they were ready to break the bank for Kobe last year and Ray Allen this year. As Amico points out, they just signed Mobley, so any deal would likely see Maggette going out. A Brand, Pierce, Mobley lineup is pretty strong.

I'm not a huge fan of Marko Jaric, so a sign-and-trade is not my idea of a great add-on. In fact, it is hard for me to come up with a package other than Livingston and Maggette for Pierce and Banks. You can play with adding in Wilcox and/or Kaman on their side and maybe some more young players on our side. I think the Clippers would break the bank for Pierce, but I really doubt that they would take our bad salaries too.

So that's the rumor to think about over the weekend. We'll see if anything develops from it and of course you can always find the latest here.

posted by Jeff @ 7:02 AM

www.CelticsBlog.com (http://www.celticsblog.com/)

kriD
08-12-2005, 04:01 PM
One thing is for sure: The Celtics appear willing to part with Pierce. No one's exactly sure why, but even general manager Danny Ainge hasn't denied it.
New hope on the horizon...

Drbio
08-12-2005, 04:13 PM
From a messageboard.....

Windmill360
08-12-2005, 04:16 PM
It's on HoopsHype too. This trade was discussed some time before the NBA draft so it isn't all that new.

dirno2000
08-12-2005, 04:20 PM
As much as I like Pierce , he's not worth Livingstong and Maggette. If the Clippers are willing to give up those two and take back additional salary we won't be able to match that.

kg_veteran
08-12-2005, 04:35 PM
I would be shocked if the Clippers would do that. Livingston is their supposed PG of the future.

Drbio
08-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by: Windmill360
It's on HoopsHype too. This trade was discussed some time before the NBA draft so it isn't all that new.

Hoopshype...the bastion of NBA accuracy. i/expressions/anim_roller.gif

edit- not gettting on you 360...I just can't believe this. Sterling never pays star players.

dude1394
08-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Since when has the clippers traded for bigger salaries. Color me sceptical.

snoop
08-13-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
I would be shocked if the Clippers would do that. Livingston is their supposed PG of the future.

I heard david aldridge say in a chat that some in the clippers org. think Livingston may to be to frail for the NBA after watch him for a year.

alby
08-13-2005, 04:39 AM
so the clippers would revamp their entire team and add mobley, cassell, AND pierce?

madape
08-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Did Cuban and Sterling switch bodies or something? Jesus. Sterling's looking to add all-star players, while Cuban is dumping the ones on his team for nothing. Things sure are strange in the NBA these days.

The Miles
08-14-2005, 05:19 AM
I didn't realize Cuban is dumping Nowitzki.

You're right, that is strange.

Joey
08-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Last Summer I was thinking, "if only Nash would stay and see what having a true center is like..." This year, Fin hasn't left yet and everyone is going off of the deep end. Just chill. I really think monday will come and TAW will be gone not Fin.

Back to subject...If the Clips get Pierce, then the best thing that will come out of it is that people on this board will stop talking about him coming here which ain't happening!

Thespiralgoeson
08-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by: Joey
Back to subject...If the Clips get Pierce, then the best thing that will come out of it is that people on this board will stop talking about him coming here which ain't happening!

I don't know why so many people on this board are so certain of that. It's just a question of Boston being willing to trade him or not. If they are, then there are only two team I can think of that can offer as good a deal as we can. Really, if the Clippers have a chance to get him, so do we. If we can turn Calvin Booth into Keith Van Horn, then acquiring Paul Pierce through trade isn't outside of the realm of possibility.

snoop
08-14-2005, 03:27 PM
if the clippers get PP they give up Maggette. I'm not sure how much this improves their team over all, It wil help their outside shooting but Maggette can do the rest of what PP can do. You're trading 22 ppg for 24ppg

Joey
08-14-2005, 03:42 PM
I don't know why so many people on this board are so certain of that. It's just a question of Boston being willing to trade him or not. If they are, then there are only two team I can think of that can offer as good a deal as we can. Really, if the Clippers have a chance to get him, so do we. If we can turn Calvin Booth into Keith Van Horn, then acquiring Paul Pierce through trade isn't outside of the realm of possibility.

The antithesis reason that you believe that he IS coming here. Difference is that there is absolutly nothing noting that the Mavs even have interest in Paul Pierce let alone the fact that there is nothing saying that the Mavs have had discussion about him with Boston. All that there has been is an article that out of Cali that says the Clips have tried to get him. What has come from Boston? Nothing. But while we are at it, why don't we trade for KG. You know they need a PG as well now that they have traded Sam I Am and then we can trade P-Pod for Shaq because once they get rid of Shaq the Heat will need a center...Get real!

Thespiralgoeson
08-15-2005, 04:44 AM

The antithesis reason that you believe that he IS coming here. Difference is that there is absolutly nothing noting that the Mavs even have interest in Paul Pierce let alone the fact that there is nothing saying that the Mavs have had discussion about him with Boston. All that there has been is an article that out of Cali that says the Clips have tried to get him. What has come from Boston? Nothing. But while we are at it, why don't we trade for KG. You know they need a PG as well now that they have traded Sam I Am and then we can trade P-Pod for Shaq because once they get rid of Shaq the Heat will need a center...Get real!

I said that I believe Pierce IS coming here? Uh read a little more closely, pal. I said it's not outside of the realm of possibility. So, because the media hasn't reported Dallas and Boston talking, that means it's as unrealistic as trading PPod for Shaq? Last I checked, Paul Pierce was one of the best shooting guards in the league. Last I checked, we're losing our two-time all-star starting shooting guard... So if Boston is interested in dealing Pierce (and there's been plenty to indicate that they very well may be) why is it so ridiculous, so stupid, so naively stupid to think that Dallas could land him? Think about it... Boston's going for youth and potential, and to dump at least one of their centers with bad contracts. Dallas is a championship contender that would be the favorites in the eyes of many if they picked up Pierce. They have a lottery-pick PG with tremendous potential, a few big expirers, two project centers, and to top it off... WE NEED A BACKUP CENTER! We have the things they need, they have the things we need... I never said that I think Pierce IS coming here, but I maintain that it's not outside of the realm of possibility. So there's an article reporting that the Clippers are interested. That means it's utterly ridiculous to think that Dallas isn't? I suppose it's utterly ridiculous to think that Denver might land Pierce? Or any other team in need of a talent like Pierce that's willing to give up some talent and take on some salary? The idea of Dallas, Denver, or any team besides the Clippers picking up Pierce is as ridiculous as trading Pavel for Shaq? Son, I don't need to get real, I'm all about real.

Joey
08-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson

I said that I believe Pierce IS coming here? Uh read a little more closely, pal. I said it's not outside of the realm of possibility. So, because the media hasn't reported Dallas and Boston talking, that means it's as unrealistic as trading PPod for Shaq? Last I checked, Paul Pierce was one of the best shooting guards in the league. Last I checked, we're losing our two-time all-star starting shooting guard... So if Boston is interested in dealing Pierce (and there's been plenty to indicate that they very well may be) why is it so ridiculous, so stupid, so naively stupid to think that Dallas could land him? Think about it... Boston's going for youth and potential, and to dump at least one of their centers with bad contracts. Dallas is a championship contender that would be the favorites in the eyes of many if they picked up Pierce. They have a lottery-pick PG with tremendous potential, a few big expirers, two project centers, and to top it off... WE NEED A BACKUP CENTER! We have the things they need, they have the things we need... I never said that I think Pierce IS coming here, but I maintain that it's not outside of the realm of possibility. So there's an article reporting that the Clippers are interested. That means it's utterly ridiculous to think that Dallas isn't? I suppose it's utterly ridiculous to think that Denver might land Pierce? Or any other team in need of a talent like Pierce that's willing to give up some talent and take on some salary? The idea of Dallas, Denver, or any team besides the Clippers picking up Pierce is as ridiculous as trading Pavel for Shaq? Son, I don't need to get real, I'm all about real.

And the spiral goes on and on and on...All I am saying is that every other post you make mentions PP as someone the Mavs should pick up. Of course they should, but I am wanting something tangible that says they are even minutly interested. There was an article that says that Detroit was interested in KG. I'm sure the Mavs are as well. I would be ecstatic if the Mavs land Pierce, but the likelyhood of such a thing happening is slim to none. It would be awesome though. I do agree with you on that.

jayC
08-15-2005, 10:55 AM
If it was in a newspaper it isn't happening. There has been no pierce to dallas rumor in any paper. How are the Raptors doing after they dumped vinsanity not very well. The Lakers are stuck being mediocre unless Brown fufills his potential.