PDA

View Full Version : Dan Dickau to Boston

DevinHarriswillstart
08-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Dickau Coming To Boston
23rd August, 2005 - 9:19 am
Boston Globe - Celtics executive director of basketball operations Danny Ainge confirmed last night that the team has agreed in principle to a sign-and-trade deal with New Orleans that would land point guard Dan Dickau in Boston with a three-year contract worth an average of $2.5 million per year.

Ainge said some details of the deal still must be negotiated, including what the Celtics will give to the Hornets. New Orleans will receive a trade exception in the process.

Dickau, who is 6 feet, 190 pounds, visited Boston yesterday for a physical and chatted with members of the Celtics staff.

''He had a really great day," said Dickau's agent, Mark Bartelstein. [READ]

Pretty cheap for a guy who blossomed after we traded him. Good signing for Boston.

poohrichardson
08-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Isn't he their 4th point guard on the roster now?

snoop
08-23-2005, 12:14 PM
this is a good pickup. Dickau can be a O spark and then you have Banks as the good D player

rakesh.s
08-23-2005, 12:21 PM
He should've signed with a team that he could've started on.

Unless Ainge has a monster deal in the works involving pierce and a point guard or two, this signing makes no sense to me.

Drbio
08-23-2005, 01:33 PM
The Lakers had also expressed interest in Dickau although I certainly don't blame him for not going there.

Joey
08-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
He should've signed with a team that he could've started on.

Unless Ainge has a monster deal in the works involving pierce and a point guard or two, this signing makes no sense to me.

Why would the deal have to include Pierce? Why not just a couple of PG's? Talk about stirring things up.