PDA

View Full Version : D-Mavs.com's Preseason Rankings

Nash13
09-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Post here and officially be heard. This way you can come back and tell people "I told you so" or vice versa.

This thread is a playoff ranking. I'll start off with mine.

1. SAS. Talent/Coaching wise, it wouldn't make much sense not to call them favorites.

2. PHX. It's obvious they've downgraded over the summer. Being undersized in the West normally turns into disaster in both regular season and in the playoffs. But whatever they will be will be better than others in their division. So their here by default.

3. DEN. Part of me puts them ahead of SEA b/c i think Nate's coaching is what got the Sonics where they were. Not sure what's happening with their pg situation. Unless they start Miller at the 2, they will have him, Boykins, and Watson.

4. DAL. Here's where it gets tricky. It's been debated all summer if they are better than Houston. Dallas has a legit MVP candidate, and very good role players. Not many teams can field 6-8 players who could average 10+ points per game. The key to Dallas' championship has less to do with youth reaching potential than it does with ball movement. It was evident last year this team won when they moved the ball and lost when they didn't. Expect good years out of Howard and Terry.

5. HOU. I just do not understand the hype. They are a good team, really good. But what have they done that makes them better than Dallas? What are they going to get out of Swift that they didn't get last year? Okay, let me be the first to say that i'd take Swift over last year's Howard. But last year's Howard has very similar abilities as Swift does. And neither are very good defensively. And as far as Anderson goes, is he really an upgrade over what they have in their backcourt?

6. SAC. This was a toss up between them and the next two teams. I've been pondering for some time now, and i've asked myself, is SAR that big of an upgrade over Kenny Thomas? Think about this. While with Philly, Thomas was a 15/10 guy who was pretty good offensively and defensively around the basket. SAR with Portland was a 16/9 guy who had similar features. I've also asked myself, is Bonzi better than Mobley? Now as much as i hate mobley, he's literally my least favorite player in the league, he is better than Wells. Also considering the fact they have no bench and a defensive-lacking starting lineup, this team will be no better than it was last year.

7. LAL. If you really look at their lineup, they're good. There season all depends on how well Kwame does. If he turns out to be a 15/8 guy, and they wise up and play him at PF instead of C, then it was already a good offseason for the Lakers. It will also depend on what happens with their PG situation. I heard that McKie is suppose to be the point guard? Doesn't matter, b/c Kobe will be doing most of the ball handling. Add on to Kwame and McKie, they still got Kobe who's good for 27/7/7, Odom who's good for about 17/10, and a decent center rotation if Bynum's any good. I actually wouldn't be surprised to seem them ahead of SAC, but SAC's more proven at this point.

8. MEM. I don't get why people are writing them off. Posey was extremely disappointing for them last year, and JWill obviously had no future there. They still have a decent PG rotation, although i would've kept Watson over Damon. And if Warrick can be even half of what Swift was, then this team hasn't changed much if at all.

alby
09-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Playoff seedings:

1st round

1. Spurs vs 8. Lakers
Kobe will average 40+ pts in the series but LA loses in 5, maybe has a 60 pt game even

2. Suns vs 7. Timberwolves
Amare will look like he takes a "step back" going up against KG but Suns will pull it out in 6

3. Nuggets vs 6. Rockets
Probably the best series of the entire playoffs, Houston in 7 and TMac finally gets out of the first round and is seen crying on national tv

4. Kings vs 5. Mavericks
Kings because they will challenge Phoenix all year long for the division title and thus will propel them to have a very good record, but Dallas will take advantage of its depth and easily take the series with a great defensive statement winning in 5. another Dallas/Sac series, sigh =\

notice no grizzlies, they will finish 10th behind the warriors overall in the west..

chumdawg
09-05-2005, 02:18 AM
1) SAS 65-17
2) HOU 57-25
3) PHO 56-26
4) DAL 54-28
5) GSW 52-30
6) SAC 50-32
7) DEN 49-33
8) LAL 47-35

Thespiralgoeson
09-05-2005, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by: alby
4. Kings vs 5. Mavericks
Kings because they will challenge Phoenix all year long for the division title and thus will propel them to have a very good record, but Dallas will take advantage of its depth and easily take the series with a great defensive statement winning in 5. another Dallas/Sac series, sigh =\

You think the Kings are gonna be seeded higher than the Mavericks? Ugh... I don't think my brain can handle going into this again... Honestly, I just don't understand how anyone can think this team has improved... Okay, maybe they've improved since they traded Webber, but no effing way this team is nearly as good as it was in 03-04 when they were seeded 4th. And how much better is the Kings' current team than last year's Seattle team which had a worse record than the Mavericks? At the very best, the Kings are exactly the same before they traded C-Webb, and marginally upgraded since the trade. Really, I think they're worse than they were before the trade. Mark my words; the Mavericks will destroy the Kings in both the regular season standings, and the playoffs should they meet.

alby
09-05-2005, 03:03 AM
But who cares about regular season standings? If anything, I hope we finish 6th.

alby
09-05-2005, 03:07 AM
The Kings will sell out Arco everynight and be viewed as the "arena to go visit" to the national public again (sadly). They will tear up in the regular season like the Kings of old and like the Suns last season, but it will not by any means equal post season success. Peja will once again have another wonderful regular season but will become a no-show when the playoffs roll around. Although, I don't view him as a star, I think Bonzi will be HUGE for this team in the regular season because he can score on the inside and outside. The Kings never had that at the two-guard position during their "elite" years (except for Bobby Jackson off the bench).

I could care less about the regular season, or the regular season mvp for that matter.
The Mavericks should only worry about one thing and that is the playoffs and getting to the finals.
This team is built for the rigors of the playoffs and will be coached the importance of defense and I'm very excited about that.
Having the best record in the regular season has meant nothing in recent years anyways.
That is also why I feel that the mvp award should be given out to the best player on the best team at the end of the year and trash the whole Finals mvp thing altogether because the most valuable player of the entire league should ultimately be a champion as well. that to me, defines "most valuable player".

mavs413
09-05-2005, 03:32 AM
West
1. Spurs
2. Kings
3. Nuggets
4. Rockets
5. Mavericks
6. Sonics
7. Lakers
8. Warriors

East
1. Heat
2. Pistons
3. Nets
4. Pacers
5. Cavaliers
6. Wizards
7. 76ers
8. Knicks

alby
09-05-2005, 03:43 AM
I can see the Kings winning the division over the Suns definitely.

The Sonics? I don't know about that one.
Celtics? No. I would put Chicago at 7, I would even put in the Knicks before the Celtics =\

Sad how Nets will be ranked 3rd because of playing in the weakest division in basketball.

Thespiralgoeson
09-05-2005, 03:44 AM
Ugh, you people make me sick. Really, really sick... Chum... Golden State winning 52 games? I can't even talk to you people...

West:

1. San Antonio
2. Phoenix
3. Denver (but, who cares?)
4. Dallas
5. Houston
6. who cares
7. who cares
8. who cares

East:

1. Indiana
2. Miami
3. who cares
4. Detroit
5. who cares
6. who cares
7. who cares
8. who cares

alby
09-05-2005, 03:46 AM
replace Denver, Sacramento, and Minnesota with who cares please =p

Thespiralgoeson
09-05-2005, 03:50 AM
done i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

HexNBA
09-05-2005, 07:22 AM
1. Spurs
2. Kings
3. Sonics
4. Mavericks
5. Rockets
6. Suns
7. Timberwolves
8. Lakers

1. Pacers
2. Pistons
3. Heat
4. Cavaliers
5. Nets
6. Knicks
7. Bucks
8. Bulls

Thespiralgoeson
09-05-2005, 07:47 AM
I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I think the NBA's seeding system is complete and utter bullsh*t. Honestly, why the hell should a team be rewarded for playing in a weaker division?

Drbio
09-05-2005, 08:32 AM
1. d-m.com
2. LMF
3. ESPN.com
4-9 basically anything that is legible
10. db.com

Or is that not what you meant?

The Eastern Minor League
1. Detroit (duh)
2. Cleveland
3. Miami
4. Indiana
5. Washington
6. New Jersey
7. Philly
8. Chicago (but Milwaukee will have something to say about it)

The Western Conference
1. San Antone (damn it)
2. Phoenix
3. Denver
4. Dallas
5. LA Lakers
6. Minnesota
7. Memphis
8. Utah (although I think the Sonics may do well)

FreshJive
09-05-2005, 11:44 AM
1. Spurs
2. Suns
3. Rockets
4. Kings
5. Mavs
6. GSW
7-8. Nuggets? Sonics? Lakers? TWolves? Mem? Wow the West is tough.

East

1.Pacers
2. Pistons
3. Heat
4. Cavs
5. Bulls
6. Nets
7. Knicks
8.????????????????????????

BTW Why do you guys think so highly of the nuggets?

alby
09-05-2005, 01:09 PM
george karl coached them to a 32-8 record, i think he got them heading into the right direction..

btw, i dont know if you ranked them according to playoff seeds or not but the spurs and rockets cant be in the top 3..

rakesh.s
09-05-2005, 03:41 PM
West

1. Spurs/Mavs/Rockets
2. Sonics
3. Warriors(darkhorse pick)
4. Spurs/Mavs/Rockets
5. Spurs/Mavs/Rockets
6. Suns
7. Nuggets
8. Kings

I think Kwame is going to emerge as a force this year, but it'll be too late for the Lakers to make the playoffs.

Thespiralgoeson
09-05-2005, 03:57 PM
You know, every year the Warriors look like they're gonna turn it around, and every year they still suck. I don't see how you people can even put them in the playoffs at all, much less higher than the 8th seed or so.

u2sarajevo
09-05-2005, 04:01 PM
West (these are playoff seedings, not based off of records)

1. Spurs
2. Seattle
3. Sacramento (but their pourous Defense makes me hesitant to put them this high....)
4. The Greatness
5. Phoenix
6. Houston
7. Denver
8. Minnesota

FreshJive
09-05-2005, 04:19 PM
george karl coached them to a 32-8 record, i think he got them heading into the right direction..

btw, i dont know if you ranked them according to playoff seeds or not but the spurs and rockets cant be in the top 3..

I just ranked them according to strength (I missed this: "This thread is a playoff ranking"). No wonder you guys are putting Denver so high. I guess put Seattle at three for me.

MrCheerios
09-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by: Nash13

But last year's Howard has very similar abilities as Swift does.

Last year Swift: 1.53bpg in 21mpg.

Last year Howard: 5 blocks the entire season.

Five-ofan
09-05-2005, 08:26 PM
I know this is gonna look very homer of me and it kinda is i guess but honestly this is the way i see it.

1. Mavs (61-21)
2. Phoenix (55-27)
3. Denver (53-29)
4. Spurs (59-23)
5. Rockets (57-25)
6. Kings (54-28)
7. Twolves (50-32)
8. La Lakers (49-33)

that is alot of wins for the playoff teams though. Playoffs

1Mavs vs. Lakers
Mavs win in 6 but it is more difficult than many of us expect after we finally win the division. Kobe has a great series.

2Phoenix Twolves- Phoenix in 5 not very close, Garnett gets his numbers but the first or second option debate comes up again

3 Denver at the Kings- By having the better record kings get home court. Dont really have a feeling one way or another about this series but Ill go with the kings experience and home court over the nuggs.

4 Spurs Rockets- Incredible series. Goes to game 7. Spurs win. Tmac has a great series.

Mavs -Spurs- Mavs in 6 again very difficult series. Dirk finally gets the respect he deserves as he averages 35 AND the mavs win. Terry beats Parker and manu is contained.

Phoenix - Kings Phoenix in 4. Sac's lack of athletes comes back to bite them in the a$$.

Mavs- Phoenix- Mavs in 6. Amare still has a great series, but we better contain nash.

Mavs - Indiana Mavs in 6. Jo has a tough series, still gets points but has a bad percentage. Artest has a very good series but there is really never much doubt that the mavs will win it all.

Mavs win every series in 6 i know that looks odd. It could happen though. Only 1 sweep so I dont know just my predictions. I think our season mirrors the spurs 02-03 season.

birdsanctuary
09-05-2005, 09:46 PM
I pray you are right 5-oh-Fan!

Five-ofan
09-05-2005, 09:52 PM
me 2. I really do actually see this happening rationally but aside from that i dont make predictions that i dont want to come true. I would just avoid this thread if i didnt feel this way.

Thespiralgoeson
09-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by: Five-ofan
Mavs -Spurs- Mavs in 6 again very difficult series. Dirk finally gets the respect he deserves as he averages 35 AND the mavs win. Terry beats Parker and manu is contained.

I actually could realistically see this happening.

Mavs- Phoenix- Mavs in 6. Amare still has a great series, but we better contain nash.

Not only will we be better able to contain Nash, but also, I think Dirk will be truly dominant in that series as well. Last season he averaged 26.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg, and 3.3 apg in round 2 against the Suns. Only now that the Suns have moved Amare back at the 4 and Kurt at the 5, they won't be able to put Marion on Dirk nearly as much, and he'll be guarded a lot by Amare or KT.

Five-ofan
09-05-2005, 10:13 PM
I think they still put marion on him alot but I dont think that it matters. I still think he will be great in this series.

Thespiralgoeson
09-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Of course they'll put Marion on him a lot, but they won't be able to put Marion on him as much as they've done in the past.

dirk2003
09-05-2005, 10:50 PM
1. SAS.
2. PHX.
3. DEN.
4. HOU.
5. DAL.
6. SAC.
7. MEM.
8. SEA.

LA, GS, MIN wont make it.

Nash13
09-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by: MrCheerios

Originally posted by: Nash13

But last year's Howard has very similar abilities as Swift does.

Last year Swift: 1.53bpg in 21mpg.

Last year Howard: 5 blocks the entire season.

You point out the only thing that separates the two, which is why is specifically said they have very similar abilities. Houston doesn't need shot-blocking at the four. IMO, they need a passer.

LRB
09-06-2005, 12:58 PM

I could care less about the regular season, or the regular season mvp for that matter.
The Mavericks should only worry about one thing and that is the playoffs and getting to the finals.
This team is built for the rigors of the playoffs and will be coached the importance of defense and I'm very excited about that.
Having the best record in the regular season has meant nothing in recent years anyways.
That is also why I feel that the mvp award should be given out to the best player on the best team at the end of the year and trash the whole Finals mvp thing altogether because the most valuable player of the entire league should ultimately be a champion as well. that to me, defines "most valuable player".

Without doing well in the regular season, you don't get to play in the playoffs. Historically teams who have won championships have had the HCA in most of the playoff series that they have played in. Trivia question, and the NBA team(s) who have won a championship without having HCA in any of their playoff series?

Thespiralgoeson
09-07-2005, 12:31 AM
The only one I can think of in recent history is Hakeem's Rockets.

Thespiralgoeson
09-07-2005, 12:31 AM
The only one I can think of in recent history is Hakeem's Rockets.

echo
09-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Okay I'll play.

West

1. SA Spurs: Defending champions and have not lost any key personel. Finley will probably help, but I don't consider him a huge difference maker. Phoenix could have used him more. Still they will be tough.

2. Dallas: I think the Mavs have the 2nd best record which of course means the 4th seed, but if Dirk and Damp stay healthy I see the Mavs and Houston being the only teams that have a shot at knocking off the Spurs. Other than center this team is very deep, and the defense should be much improved.

3. Houston: TMAC and Yao make them serious contenders. Swift will help. Good depth if Juwan Howard is healthy.

4. Phoenix: They won't be able to run as much this season. Lost their two best 3P shooters. J. Johnson will be particularly hard to replace. No way Nash repeats his MVP season, and I wouldn't be surprised if he misses 20 or so games. Even so, Amare and Marion are too good to drop them much further.

5. Denver: Wanted to drop them down a bit, but the signing of Watson probably indicates a big trade is coming. Not enough minutes for Miller, Boykins and Watson at point. I'm not really crazy about this team, but Karl is a good coach so I'll leave them here.

6. Sacremento: I think the rebounded pretty well after trading Webber last season. I didn't think they were a playoff team before their offseason moves. They should score a lot of points and be fun to watch, but not enough defense to contend.

7. Golden State: The trade for B. Davis was huge for them and should pay dividends this season. Lots of good young talent in Richardson, Pietrus, Murphy and Dunleavy.

8. Minnesota: I think #8 is up for grabs. Garnett may be good enough to get them an 8.

9. Seattle
10. LA Clippers
11. Memphis
12. LA Lakers
13. Utah
14. New Orleans
15. Portland

East

1. Miami
2. Detroit
3. Cleveland
4. Indiana
5. New Jersey
6. Philly
7. Washington
8. Chicago

9. Orlando
10. Milwaukee
11. Atlanta
12. NY Knicks
13. Charlotte
14. Boston
15. Toronto

Spurs over the surprising Cavs in the Finals.

Thespiralgoeson
09-08-2005, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by: echo
Spurs over the surprising Cavs in the Finals.

The Cavs in the Finals? No effing way. Look, LeBron's great and all, but no freaking way the Cavs make the Finals.

EricaLubarsky
09-08-2005, 02:17 AM
1) San Antonio
2) Phoenix
3) Denver
4) Dallas
5) Sacramento
6) Houston
7) Seattle
8) Minnesota

1) Detroit
2) New Jersey
3) Miami
4) Indiana
5) Philadelphia
6) Chicago
7) Washington
8) Boston

SA slaughters Minn
Phoenix beats Seattle
Houston wins against Denver in an overhyped battle of the swingmen
Dallas beats Sacramento in 6 games

Detroit beats boston in 5
Jersey beats Washington in 6
Miami beats Chicago in 7
Indiana beats philly in 6

alby
09-08-2005, 02:22 AM
I'm calling it. The Spurs are not going to win the division =)

save this post

madape
09-08-2005, 09:00 AM
1) Spurs
2) Suns
3) Rockets
4) Nuggets
5) Kings
6) Wolves
7) Warriors
8) Clippers

9) Lakers
10) Mavericks
11) Sonics
12) Grizzlies
13) Jazz
14) Blazers

alby
09-08-2005, 10:08 AM
ouch ape..

Five-ofan
09-08-2005, 04:09 PM
ape is just bitter. there is no way anyone that has a brain thinks that the mavs dont make the playoffs this year just because they lost fin when they replaced him with christie. Hell yall all told me we would be a 50 win team if dirk got hurt (i disagree but oh well) but losing fin takes us out of the playoffs? Pure ignorance

Dalhoop
09-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Mavs 61-21 (58) - Chemistry can only help the team that didn't play together last year, replaced offensive Inconsistency (Finley) with steady defense (Christie)

Spurs 60-22 (59) - The Spurs do what they always seem to do, little tweak to the bench and off to the playoffs for another run.

Rockets 58-24 (51) - Added some good pieces, front court depth is no longer a problem. JVG just needs to let T-mac play his game.

Suns 57-25 (62 wins last year) - The Suns have slipped, they will not be as high scoring as last year. A big question will be how their new defensive philosophy will mesh with their "All offense, all the time coach"

Denver 56-26 (49) - They are all drinking the kool-aid and playing defense, Karl is coach of year candidate again.

Sacramento 51-31 (50) - Bibby, Peja, SAR, Bonzi and Miller. Can this team move the ball at all? Chemistry could be an issue is Bonzi and SAR don't see the ball enough. If they play nice together this team could make some noise.

Minnesota 50-32 (44) - Like the Mavs, addition by subtraction, but on a much larger scale.

Seattle 46-36 (52) - As a team, why would you not re-sign the coach that got you back to respectability. Oh well, back to mediocrity.

Memphis 46-36 (45) - Solved some front court issues, created a PG/SG issue.

Seedings -

Mavs (61-21)
Suns (57-25)
Nuggets (56-26)
Spurs (60-22)
Rockets (58-24)
Kings (51-31)
T-Wolves (50-32)
Sonics (46-36)

Mavs over Sonics
Suns over Wolves (good series)
Nuggets over Kings
Spurs over Rockets (Best first round series)

Mavs over Spurs in 7
Nuggets over Suns in 6

Mavs over Nuggets in 6

dalmations202
09-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Mark me down:

1) Phoenix
2) San Antonio
3) Denver
4) Dallas
5) Sacramento
6) Houston
7) Minnesota
8) LA Lakers

1) Detroit
2) New Jersey
3) Miami
4) Indiana
5) Chicago
6) Philadelphia
7) Washington
8) Orlando

Dallas gets Sac, Phoenix, and then SA in the WCF.

Thespiralgoeson
09-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by: madape
1) Spurs
2) Suns
3) Rockets
4) Nuggets
5) Kings
6) Wolves
7) Warriors
8) Clippers

9) Lakers
10) Mavericks
11) Sonics
12) Grizzlies
13) Jazz
14) Blazers

Sure, ape... The Warriors and Clippers are both going to finish better than the Mavericks i/expressions/anim_roller.gif

BTW, the Spurs and the Rockets can't both be in the top 3.

alby
09-10-2005, 08:34 PM
its ape.

Red-Phase
09-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by: Dalhoop
Mavs 61-21 (58) - Chemistry can only help the team that didn't play together last year, replaced offensive Inconsistency (Finley) with steady defense (Christie)

Spurs 60-22 (59) - The Spurs do what they always seem to do, little tweak to the bench and off to the playoffs for another run.

Rockets 58-24 (51) - Added some good pieces, front court depth is no longer a problem. JVG just needs to let T-mac play his game.

Suns 57-25 (62 wins last year) - The Suns have slipped, they will not be as high scoring as last year. A big question will be how their new defensive philosophy will mesh with their "All offense, all the time coach"

Denver 56-26 (49) - They are all drinking the kool-aid and playing defense, Karl is coach of year candidate again.

Sacramento 51-31 (50) - Bibby, Peja, SAR, Bonzi and Miller. Can this team move the ball at all? Chemistry could be an issue is Bonzi and SAR don't see the ball enough. If they play nice together this team could make some noise.

Minnesota 50-32 (44) - Like the Mavs, addition by subtraction, but on a much larger scale.

Seattle 46-36 (52) - As a team, why would you not re-sign the coach that got you back to respectability. Oh well, back to mediocrity.

Memphis 46-36 (45) - Solved some front court issues, created a PG/SG issue.

Seedings -

Mavs (61-21)
Suns (57-25)
Nuggets (56-26)
Spurs (60-22)
Rockets (58-24)
Kings (51-31)
T-Wolves (50-32)
Sonics (46-36)

Mavs over Sonics
Suns over Wolves (good series)
Nuggets over Kings
Spurs over Rockets (Best first round series)

Mavs over Spurs in 7
Nuggets over Suns in 6

Mavs over Nuggets in 6

^^^ completely agree with Dalhoop

am I the only one that sees that the mavs can only get better because we didn't trade away thier chemistry.

Five-ofan
09-14-2005, 04:14 PM
^^^ I basically agree too because if you swap the lakers for the sonics its the exact same thing i predicted.

EricaLubarsky
09-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by: Five-ofan
ape is just bitter. there is no way anyone that has a brain thinks that the mavs dont make the playoffs this year just because they lost fin when they replaced him with christie. Hell yall all told me we would be a 50 win team if dirk got hurt (i disagree but oh well) but losing fin takes us out of the playoffs? Pure ignorance

Especially when Fin didnt contribute a whole lot for much of the year last year.

snoop
09-15-2005, 07:28 PM
1 Mavs- upgrade at the 2 and the emergance of Harris give the mavs a slight edge over...
2 Spurs- Finley helps the bench but the loses of Brown and Rose last year catch up.
3 Nuggets- the best post all star record carries over to this season when Melo becomes a superstar.
4 Suns- no Johnson and no Q Rich make the team less explosive but gives a better chance in the playoffs.
5 Rockets- Stro helps give the rockets a inside big man but they still dont have qaulity depth.
6 Sonics- Ray Allen helps lead the team to the playoffs again but exit in round 1.
7 Kings- SAR helps the kings become a good team again with Peja rebounding after last years failures.
8 Lakers- the Lakers will be better with time together plus a big man in Kwame and the return of Phil

1 Pistons- they will keep on rolling with the team together again and new energy from Flip Saunders
2 Pacers- O'Neal and Artest will keep it in full drive all year, great depth.
3 Heat- The best top end talent in the east suffers from lack of chemistry and surplus of Walker.
4 Bulls- The baby bulls are all grown up, and they have time together to help them.
5 Nets- too much talent not to be good but must stay healthy in order to finish at #5.
6 Knicks- Larry Brown does his magic on this darkhorse team with the help of improved firepower.
7 Wizards- loss of Hughes hurts but a good team with great front court hustlers.
8 Cavs- the addition of Hughes and Marshall finally get Labron his first taste of postseason.

Five-ofan
01-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Bumpety bump at the halfway point. has there ever been a season in which two teams as highly thought of as the kings and rockets had years as bad as they have?

MFFL
01-25-2006, 02:43 PM
That's a HORRIBLE job of rankings. Ape should get a job at ESPN!

1) Spurs
2) Suns
3) Rockets
4) Nuggets
5) Kings
6) Wolves
7) Warriors
8) Clippers

9) Lakers
10) Mavericks
11) Sonics
12) Grizzlies
13) Jazz
14) Blazers

Usually Lurkin
01-25-2006, 02:56 PM
He got the Spurs and Lakers right!!

Thespiralgoeson
01-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Bumpety bump at the halfway point. has there ever been a season in which two teams as highly thought of as the kings and rockets had years as bad as they have?

Don't forget Miami.

Five-ofan
01-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Well miami is still solid, Indy is the team i forgot. I thought they were a 60 win team that would make it to the finals. Shows the power of artest and why i have decided that i would never want any part of him. They are about to be REALLY dangerous with peja to go with JO though. Artest will be shown to not be as good on D as he is thought without JO to cover for him.

MFFL
04-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Who was the most accurate in guessing the final seeds?

dalmations202
04-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Not I --------- I had Houston and Minn in. Also had Phoenix over the Spurs.

I did have Dallas in the 4th slot though, and Denver in the third.

Five-ofan
04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
are we gonna go on seeding or records? Its not me either way but im just curious.

mavs413
04-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I think Erica's were the most accurate.

Nash13
04-04-2006, 02:40 AM
Not to toot my on horn, but i clearly had the most accurate list. I'm the only person to predict 7 of the 8 teams currently in the playoffs (who knew Houston would collapse like that). I also predicted 5 accurate seeds.

Five-ofan
06-22-2006, 07:44 PM
1) Spurs
2) Suns
3) Rockets
4) Nuggets
5) Kings
6) Wolves
7) Warriors
8) Clippers

9) Lakers
10) Mavericks
11) Sonics
12) Grizzlies
13) Jazz
14) Blazers

Since you are gonna bump me being horribly wrong(i admit i was but walker didnt win it for them, him doing what i asked would he do did oh yeah that and the officiating) I might as well bump you for being wrong. Hell i at least would had the heat in the playoffs.

madape
06-22-2006, 07:59 PM
i didn't bump the Walker thread, but yes, I've already admitted being horribly wrong about the Mavs. They wound up being much better than I thought.