PDA

View Full Version : Pierce Traded To Nuggets?

MavsFanFinley
09-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Check the source (reliable?) but that would be a hell of a trade for the Nuggets.

InsideHoops.com hears Paul Pierce is Gone

By InsideHoops.com | Sept. 7, 2005

A source informs InsideHoops.com editor Jeff Lenchiner late Wednesday evening that the Boston Celtics are expected to trade all-star guard/forward Paul Pierce to the Denver Nuggets for guard Andre Miller and forward/center Nene.

More players would likely be involved with the deal, as Boston's roster is full; cuts would have to be made or additional players sent away.

alby
09-07-2005, 11:38 PM
WOW!

alby
09-07-2005, 11:50 PM
signing of earl watson may make alot of sense now...

birdsanctuary
09-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Ouch, that makes the West much tougher!

birdsanctuary
09-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Can we trade for Garnett?

DubOverdose
09-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Wow...if this happens, kudos to Denver. They've been putting a lot of pieces together quickly.

GoMavsGo
09-08-2005, 12:33 AM
im jealous

poohrichardson
09-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Only problem is big men off the bench.. but with swingmen like Melo and Pierce, they may not need any..

Mavs4skin
09-08-2005, 12:46 AM
They just better hope the other guys can rebound like never before, b/c I predict low 40% shooting averages for Melo and PP.

snoop
09-08-2005, 01:21 AM
melo and PP with only one ball. should be fun

EricaLubarsky
09-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Oh come on. Carmello will play his heart out if he's surrounded by allstar talent.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/olympics/basketball/images/040826lebron.jpg

MrCheerios
09-08-2005, 01:42 AM
Reality check, people. If the nugs get pierce, denver gets much better. How many people here wanted pierce? Raise your hand. ::raises hand:: Melo and pierce can't share the ball, but pierce and dirk can? Of course they can. Paul pierce would be welcome almost anywhere, only a few select teams would reject his services. But there's nothing exciting here, I bet this rumor is total BS. The nugs are not getting paul pierce.

alby
09-08-2005, 02:19 AM
i hope its a false rumor, and no birdsanctuary you are not the only one.. its been lagging for me the last 3 days

grndmstr_c
09-08-2005, 03:08 AM
Haha! That's hilarious, Erica.

Thespiralgoeson
09-08-2005, 05:00 AM
I really really hope this is just a BS rumor. Not just because it'd make the West stronger, but moreso because we'll have missed out on him. Pierce is everything we could ever want in a shooting guard. I understand that Denver has the pieces necessary to net him; a starter-quality bigman (Nene) and an expirer (Lenard)... but we've got appealing pieces too. If Boston really is trading Pierce, we need to jump all over this thing, and if this happens and we miss out... if Denver or any other team lands him, I will be supremely disappointed in this franchise.

seelenjaeger
09-08-2005, 05:46 AM
Looks like someone-who-shall-not-be-name missed out on another something-that-shall-not-be-named.

kriD
09-08-2005, 07:26 AM
I don't care about the other miss outs, but if we do miss out on the perfect fit for this team...

I refuse to think about it any further, it's too depressing.

Drbio
09-08-2005, 08:10 AM
My Denver pants are hopping. Whoo hoo!

This has been a soft rumor in Denver now for about three weeks so put a cautionary tone to this story. It's been talked about in the media, but the vast majority of "reporting" has been on boards and online sites.

Still....this would be great.

Nash13
09-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Spiral, if Boston was offered Nene/Miller, we can't match that or do better.

rakesh.s
09-08-2005, 12:10 PM
If Denver is that desperate for a shooting guard, why don't the mavs offer Harris and Stackhouse for Nene/Miller?

Dallas could play a big lineup -

Terry, Howard, Dirk, Nene and Dampier....That would be some frontline. Dirk could handle small forwards, and if he gets beat, you have Nene and Dampier waiting to swat shots.

madape
09-08-2005, 12:45 PM
No offense to Jerry Stackhouse, but I think Denver would be getting a darned better player in Pierce.

Thespiralgoeson
09-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by: Nash13

I think any combination of Stackhouse, KVH, Harris, Daniels, DJ/Diop/Pavel would come close so long as we take either Raef or Blount.

alby
09-08-2005, 09:26 PM
why is boston getting another pg again?

dirno2000
09-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson

Originally posted by: Nash13

I think any combination of Stackhouse, KVH, Harris, Daniels, DJ/Diop/Pavel would come close so long as we take either Raef or Blount.If you were a Celtics fan which package would you prefer?

poohrichardson
09-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Oh come on. Carmello will play his heart out if he's surrounded by allstar talent.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/olympics/basketball/images/040826lebron.jpg

Let's not forget how horribly constructed/coached that roster was.. not Melo's fault. He played some of the best ball in the entire NBA once Karl took over.

Thespiralgoeson
09-08-2005, 11:55 PM
If you were a Celtics fan which package would you prefer?

If I were a Celts fan, of course I'd prefer the Denver deal. However, if I were the Celts' GM I might like the Dallas deal better.

dirno2000
09-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson

If you were a Celtics fan which package would you prefer?

If I were a Celts fan, of course I'd prefer the Denver deal. However, if I were the Celts' GM I might like the Dallas deal better.Maybe the owner but they have so many young players that even with Raef and Blount they're still comfortably under the tax threshold.

Terry is comparable to Miller-at least he was last season- but we don't have a Nene...Pavel, DJ and Diop have no trade value whatsoever.

Hopefully this is just an internet rumor because I really don't want to see Pierce in the West.

Thespiralgoeson
09-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey, I'm just trying to stay optimistic. Don't mean to toot my own horn, but I called it way back in the trade forum. I said I bet that if Pierce were to be moved, Denver would be the highest bidder for him, and it looks like I might've been right. Hopefully, I was wrong. Ugh, they got this on realgm and espn... I reeeeeaaaallllly hope this doesn't happen.

Fah Q
09-09-2005, 03:37 AM
From ESPN Insider

Pierce on the move?
Sep 8 - Here come the Paul Pierce rumors again. With the Nuggets signing point guard Earl Watson, the team is now heavy in backcourt assets. Pro Basketball News speculates that a package of Andre Miller and Nene might be enough to pry Pierce from the Celtics.

Kiki Vandeweghe and George Karl have repeatedly said they like their team and want to give them time to gel, however, Pierce is the outside threat they've been looking for. For the Celtics, Miller and Nene would fill the team's holes at point guard and the post.

aexchange
09-09-2005, 11:56 AM
does a miller/nene combo even work for pierce?

don't think their salaries match up, unless with the new 25% rule it does.

jayC
09-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Also part of the rumor:
But late Thursday morning a high-ranking member of the Celtics organization told InsideHoops.com via email that the rumor is "incorrect."

Poindexter Einstein
09-10-2005, 01:03 AM
"does a miller/nene combo even work for pierce?"

Yes, unfortunately.

EricaLubarsky
09-12-2005, 12:25 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if

A) Boston leaked the information with no intention of trading with Denver just so they could get teams to frantically call

or

B) Boston planned the trade, but when it was released prematurely, they pulled the trade because of the uproar.

TheBlameGame
09-17-2005, 05:35 PM
There was no uproar by Celtics fans when the "trade" was announced. Wyc Grousbeck doesn't care what the regular paying fans think. He only cares about the sponsers which is where he makes most of his money.