Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 16, 2006
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL
Stat Categories: FGM, FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, OREB, DREB, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

Sign up now by clicking here (http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/register/joinprivateleague). Information below:

Your new League ID# is 4676.
Your draft is set for Sat Oct 15 10:00am CDT [ Add to My Calendar ].
Refer to the help pages for more information about drafting.
League Password is u2sarajevo

alby
09-15-2005, 09:46 AM
joined. =]

Ninkobei
09-15-2005, 10:12 AM
mmmh....green fire

sike
09-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh....you know you have the fear the might of The Sikedelics....I owned this league last season till the hoop demigods rejected me out to half court with six of my regulars getting hurt in about a month and a half time span....landing me in fourth place...
little advice...Don't draft Zach Randolph in the first round....he'll be amazing for half the season....and then he'll punk out on ya in the last month or so....

sike
09-15-2005, 12:04 PM
U2...did'nt we have two center spots last year????

sike
09-15-2005, 12:06 PM
also...we need to get another league up and going in a few days....

rakesh.s
09-15-2005, 12:11 PM
in

and out..I don't think I can do live draft, so if anyone sets up an autodraft league please post it.

u2sarajevo
09-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by: sike
U2...did'nt we have two center spots last year????Yeah. But I changed that.

Do you want 2? I think I can change it back.

I increased the Bench by 1 and the IR players by 1 so I wanted to reduce the selections by 1 somewhere so it wouldn't be as watered down.

But this is y'alls league too, so if a majority wants 2 Center spots I will make it so.

sike
09-15-2005, 12:19 PM
eh....whatever the will of the comish is.....is fine with me

of course I AM planning on overthrowing U2 in a violent and bloody coup d'etat......who's with me??? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

u2sarajevo
09-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Man...... I am ready for some BBall.

sike
09-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Man...... I am ready for some BBall.

understatement of the week.

dirno2000
09-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Hey guys, you may want to wait until the next league starts up...Tenacious D is in this one...

Pongo
09-15-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm in and ready to win it all this year =)

edit: IMHO there should be some more roster spots so you'll have to look for some "diamonds in the dirt"...

Drbio
09-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Give up now....the Bears just joined.

8 teams in and 4 to go.

sike
09-15-2005, 02:20 PM
the bears??? pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Drbio
09-15-2005, 03:06 PM
They like to maul pathetic aliens.

alby
09-15-2005, 03:12 PM
just hand the trophy to alby's hustlers

FreshJive
09-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Hey guys, you may want to wait until the next league starts up...Tenacious D is in this one...

We shall meet again....

Drbio
09-15-2005, 08:13 PM
I do recommend only one IR spot. Pigeon holing two guys makes the waiver decisions too easy. I'd rather see one if any at all.

Evilmav2
09-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Evil will be Ascendent in y'alls league...

dirno2000
09-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by: FreshJive

Originally posted by: dirno2000

We shall meet again....looking forward to another epic battle...

sike
09-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by: Drbio
They like to maul pathetic aliens.
we shall see...

death awaits....don't feed the bears

aexchange
09-16-2005, 06:34 PM
booo the league is full

sike
09-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by: aexchange
booo the league is full

start a new one then.

u2sarajevo
10-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
League Name: Dallas-Mavs.com League
Password: u2sarajevo
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Oct 15 10:00am CDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 16, 2006
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL
Stat Categories: FGM, FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, OREB, DREB, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

Sign up now by clicking here (http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/register/joinprivateleague). Information below:

Your new League ID# is 4676.
Your draft is set for Sat Oct 15 10:00am CDT [ Add to My Calendar ].
Refer to the help pages for more information about drafting.
League Password is u2sarajevoSomeone deleted a team... So there is an open spot. And draft is tomorrow morning!!!!! So if someone wants to join, please do!!!!!!

Draft is live tomorrow morning at 10AM CST. But if you can't be there (I won't) your pre-draft rankings will take effect.

Evilmav2
10-15-2005, 02:21 AM
It looks like the Ape will be very happy to take over that spot (he was slow on the uptake when the official U2 league first went up, and thus missed the registration)...

Pongo
10-15-2005, 08:41 AM
the live-draft is in 80 minutes, don't forget it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

u2sarajevo
10-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks to the ape!!!!! *whew* That was going to stink if every week someone had a bye. I don't know who deleted theirs, I never took inventory.

On the subject of the draft, when I set this it was before my daughters soccer schedule came out. But they have a game at 10:30 - have to be there at 10:15. So unfortunately I will not be there for the live draft. I have to watch my daughters go Pele on some unsuspecting girl team. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

But I wish I could.

Drbio
10-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Enjoyable draft. Sike sucked really bad but an otherwise enjoyable draft.

sike
10-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by: Drbio
Enjoyable draft. Sike sucked really bad but an otherwise enjoyable draft.

awwwwwwwwwwwwww, I luv you too! i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Cybertx
10-17-2005, 02:48 PM
i'm probably going to own this one guys

sike
11-02-2005, 12:32 PM
does anyone have a clue what is wrong with Yahoo! NBA fantasy sports? No stat tracker, no record of last nights stats, not current standings of this weeks matchups???

little help?

alby
11-02-2005, 01:58 PM
i got the same problem alien =\

alby
11-02-2005, 02:03 PM
actually they are working now

u2sarajevo
11-07-2005, 11:19 AM
I have the most sucktacular Fantasy team in Yahoo Fantasy Sports History.....

u2sarajevo Playboys vs 4
Alby's Hustlers 9

Greenfireaters vs 8
Hitmen 5

Tenacious D vs 9
Evil Ascendant 4

TheSikedelics vs 10
freshcanofwhup 3

Pongo's Saber-Riders vs 4
North Bosque Bears 9

cybertx vs 12
Ape on your Mom 1

sike
11-07-2005, 02:53 PM
oh yes...my TheSikedelics will once again dominate....

try this on for size: At the point: TJ Ford (I'm betting on at least 14ppg, 7 apg, and a steal), Chris Duhon (ready to bust out), AND Brevin Knight (great fg%, and rules in assists)
Shooting guards: J. Rich and Bobby Simmons (who also plays SF)
Small Fowards: BronBron (kiss his butt and feel lucky....the man has added the three to his game)
POWER: C.WEBB, J.O'neal, Zach Randolph, Troy Murphy.....by now you are asking yourself...can it get any better?

and at the 5: freakin Brad Miller, Mark Blount, and Zo Mourning

run in fear, TheSikedelics are here!

Drbio
11-07-2005, 03:31 PM
1-0...perfection is so gratifying. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Evilmav2
04-21-2006, 09:22 PM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7315/evilmavchampionshipsmall7np.jpg

The final results are in. Evil is Ascendant!

Thanks for setting up the league this year, U2, and hopefully we'll be able to have another good active league next season. Also, you have my sympathy Alby for losing Garnett in the championship week. The TWolves decision to shut him down in the last week was a brutal, fantasy basketball crime that I'm sure screwed many, many fantasy BBall championship game contenders last week...

chumdawg
04-21-2006, 09:47 PM
I especially love the Donald Hodge search history in the upper right corner. Who could forget the sheer terror that the former Mavericks great unleashed on an unsuspecting NBA so many years ago? Some things remain etched in the memory forever.

Evilmav2
04-21-2006, 09:59 PM
I especially love the Donald Hodge search history in the upper right corner. Who could forget the sheer terror that the former Mavericks great unleashed on an unsuspecting NBA so many years ago? Some things remain etched in the memory forever.

Hahaha... I didn't even notice that when I made that screen capture earier. I was looking up stats on Hodge, Randy White, Doug Smith, Sean Rooks, and my man, Terry Davis, in order to see how well they stacked up against Dirk's early stats, as well as guys like Cherokee and Loren Meyer. (That may sound strange, but it's never too early to start looking at stats that can help defend the monstrous Bear Pavel's development against the haters once he finally breaks into the rotation, and stages what will essentially be his rookie campaign next year, and I'm also getting stir-crazy waiting for the Grizz series to start)...

dirno2000
04-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Congrats Evil! I tuned out after my crushing one point defeat to Alby but I thought sure Fresh jive was going to take it.

Enjoy it while you can because I plan on reclaiming my title next year.

kg_veteran
04-21-2006, 10:03 PM

Ain't that the truth? Hodge was true greatness. He had the silky smooth mid-range jumper, the shot blocking prowess...he had it all. Can anyone forget the night he shut Shaq down?

Long live Donald Hodge.

chumdawg
04-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Ain't that the truth? Hodge was true greatness. He had the silky smooth mid-range jumper, the shot blocking prowess...he had it all. Can anyone forget the night he shut Shaq down?

Long live Donald Hodge.You said it. I always thought he was going to be the new and improved Sam Perkins.

Evil, brutha, once you cook up and distill those stats, put them out there! I am eagerly waiting the coming-out party of the Great Bear from Siberia, and the time when the Russian Monster makes us forget even the likes of James Donaldson, Shawn Bradley, Roy Tarpley, and even the likes of one Donald Hodge. In fact, that captures it quite nicely. If Donaldson, Bradley, Tarpley, and Hodge had an illicit love child, his name would surely be Pavel Podkolzine.

Evilmav2
04-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks y'all, and I'll try to do that, CD :D ...

Also, Donald Hodge is one of those intriguing near misses that the Mavs always had a knack for drafting in the late 80's and early 90's. He had legitimate size, good touch around the basket, and he could play some very solid man-on defense in the post, but his stamina and quickness deficiencies, as well as his propensity to make dumb fouls (at least as I remember it) ultimately left him condemned to sit on the bench next to Doug Smith once the Lorenzo/Popeye express stormed their way into the starting lineup of our early 90's Mavs.

Sadly, the great promise that Donald showed in his second year, when he averaged 5 ppg, 4 rpg, and .5 bpg in (only!) 16 minutes per game, was doomed to not be fulfilled. Of course, his career might have ended up significantly more successful if Sleepy Sam had stayed in Dallas for a couple more years to man the post and mentor the young Donald...

Drbio
04-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Congrats Evil...you bastard. ;)

Well done.

u2sarajevo
04-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah, that was actually the worst showing I did in a League this year. I played in two others, sike's and OzMav's... both of which I am happy to report that I WAS THE CHAMPION!!!!!

I am such a slacker.... in previous years I gave weekly reports on the standings. Work has been crazy, and recently my youngest Daughter was diagnosed Type I Diabetic(the reason I haven't tallied up the o/u threads - but I'm planning on doing so tomorrow *crosses fingers*)... so I really haven't had as much time as in years past. Maybe next year will settle down more... One can only hope.

FreshJive
04-22-2006, 05:29 PM
AArgh my team fell apart at the end again!

Evil snatched up all the good players from the waiver wire before I realized my badass regular season team was in trouble for the playoffs again. Evil is a master of the waiver wire. How do you beat someone who spends his spare time comparing the stats of past Mavs spares from its worst teams and worst position in history?