PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down the Leagues Contenders

mavfan2390
09-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Hi, well this is my first real post, feel free to swear at me, i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif lol, I only did the the teams I think that have a chance of being decent (35+ wins), I will break down the Mavs at a later time

(p.s. I also posted this on LMF, but as two seperate threads, one for East and for the West, and I hate to show off but, I did this all from memory)

The East should be more competetive then ever this year, I truly believe every team in the East with maybe the except of Atlanta and Toronto have a chance to make the playoffs

Miami

Williams

Wade

Haslem

Walker

Shaq

Chemistry a hug e concern....walkers and williams buying into team concept a concern, outside shooting a concern, walker will take away shots from shaq who led the league in fg%....williams can throw a good entry pass, shaq has to be excited about that....all in all a very solid team, but a lot of questions, they might win the east, but have no chance to win the championship, i dont get why people are so hyped up about them

Detroit

Billups

Hamilton

Prince

Wallace

Wallace

solid team, but froncourt is getting older, luckily they have very good depth, could win the East if it can split regualr season series with Miami,a major backcourt injury could ruin them however, as there depth isnt very good there

Boston

Banks

Green

Pierce

Jefferson

???

could use a little more shooting.....should consider trading for nene and miller, as that would give them one of the youngest, and best teams in the east, green is going to be huge, need froncourt depth, and a real center, can banks handle starting full time?

Chicago

Hinrich

Gordon

Luol

Chandler

Curry??

can they keep curry? if so can he stay healthy? they need three point shooting, and a couple of rebounders wouldnt hurt (reggie evans is available), can curry learn how to box out?

Washington

Arenas

Daniels

Butler

Jamison

Thomas

HORRIBLE rebounding team, but very good passing team, good shooting, needs depth....how will they do with improved pacers, bucks, etc...? dont expect them to make the playoffs

Indiana

Tinsley

Jackson

Artest

O' Neal

Foster

my pick to win east, who will step up as a leader now miller is gone? good rebounding team, has one of the best shooters in the league in sarunas j., learned how to play without their stars, so if injuries hit, they should be ready watch out for the pacers

Philadelphia

????

Iverson

Igoudala

Webber

Dalembert

will they star iverson as the point guard, and bring korver into the starting lineup? will they find a big point guard (like marko jaric) to complement iverson? can iverson and webber coexist? will complacency settle in with all the big contracts that were handed out? can they stay injury free? good teams, but shouldnt be higher then a 6 seed

New Jersey

Kidd

Carter

Jefferson

????

Kristic

can they find rebounders? can they stay injury-free? will kidd break down? will kidd finally shoot well? will krstic learn how to rebound? WHY DIDNT THEY SIGN SHAREEF? very good team nontheless, expect a 3-5 seed

Cleveland

Jones

Hughes

Lebron

Gooden? Marshall?

Big Z

will they star marshall to get some three point shooting? will lebron improve his shooting? will hughes live up to the contract? very good team, that can create matchup problems, could use some frontcourt bangers,

Orlando

Nelson

Francis

Hill

Howard

Kato

good combo of vet leadership, and youngsters, can francis guard the two? why DIDNT THEY DRAFT SEAN MAY?!? OR GERALD GREEN?? can you imagine them with may starting instead of kato? thats be a scary lineup! sometimes gm's frustrate me...They really, really need depth, what if hill goes down again? they should make the playoffs, but as a very low seed

New York

Robinson

Marbury

Q-Rich

Rose?

Frye

can robinson guard bigger point guards? can this team play D? they shouldnt have traded for q, imagine them with kurt thomas starting in place of rose, and crawford in the plae of q....that wouldve been a better lineup should be another lottery season for them

Milwaukee

TJ??

Redd

Bobby Simmons

Gadzuric

Bogut

will tj be back? will boby simmons live up to his contract? will redd? will bogut be a bust? who will handle the ball if TJ isnt back? they have good depth, and should make the playoffs, theyre very young and could dominate the east in a few years along with atlanta once detroit and miami are out of the way

Charlotte

Felton

Rush

Wallace

May

Okafor

Can may guard the faster pf's? can he get conditioned? will rush play D? will felton learn how to make free throws? will all that cap space theyll have next year, if they can sign a good SG/ SF they should be awesome, this year, they could be in the playoff hunt, but most likely itll be another lottery season, in a couple of year will be dominating the east along side atlanta and milwaukee

Atlanta

Johnson

Stoudamire

Harrington

Williams

Zaza

very young....will small lineup work? very good three point shooting team, bad rebounding team, good back court depth, but need froncourt bangers....probably no chance of making the playoffs

Phoenix

Nash

Bell

Marion

Amare

Thomas

expect the suns to play much better D, but score much much less, and all in all not do as well as the previous season, nash is on his last legs, and thomas doesnt have much left in the tank either, bell is a huge downgrade from JJ, and the suns have noone to handle the ball when nash is not in the game

San Antonio

Parker

Ginobli

Bowen

Duncan

Nazr

bowen and duncan are getting older, but the spurs have solid backups for each, expect the spurs to dominate UNLESS TD gets injured, without him theyre mediocre at best

Houston

????

????

Tmac

Swift

Yao

houston NEEDS ballhandlers, they are mediocre defensively, but van gundy get the best out of them, chemistry should have grown so that in not an issue, this team has a lot of potential, but also a lot of question marks, can tmac play consistent D? can swift play any d? can yao stay on the floor? its hard to tell where theyll be

Sacramento

Bibby

????

Peja

Shareef

Miller

The kings will score a lot, but suck badly on D, they are getting older, and are a step slow in the speed department

Denver

Watson

Miller

Melo

Kmart

Camby

The nuggets should be much improved, although melo needs to improve defensively,

Minnesota

Jaric

Mccants

Wally

Griffin

Garnett

the wolves need a solid second option behin garnett.....can jaric stay healthy? can mccant and wally play d? they should make the playoffs, but expect a first round exit

LA Clippers

Livingston

Mobley

Maggete

Brand

Kaman

absolutely horrendous defense, only sure thing is brand, can livingston guard smaller, quicker guards? another lottery season

LA Lakers

????

Bryant

Odom

Brown

Bynum

If they can find a good point guard, they should be fine, odom should make up for bynums horrendous rebounding, very good defensive teams, a lot of their potential is contingent on kwame....can he turn into the guy that warrants a number one overall pick, now that the zen master is back, watch out

Golden State

Davis

Richardson

Dunleavy

Ike

Murphy

Horrendous three point shooting team.....has a young elton brand in ike....big x factor in chris taft....should consider starting pietrus who actually plays D over dunleavy, should make the playoffs BUT dont expect much, as they have no perimeter shooting which doest force defenses to be honest

Text

Thespiralgoeson
09-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by: mavfan2390
Indiana

Tinsley

Jackson

Artest

O' Neal

Foster

my pick to win east, who will step up as a leader now miller is gone? good rebounding team, has one of the best shooters in the league in sarunas j., learned how to play without their stars, so if injuries hit, they should be ready watch out for the pacers

Good to see someone who agrees with me here. I think Indiana is going to absolutely dominate the East next year. I pick Artest for defensive player of the year again, and I pick Carlisle for coach of the year. Jermaine is gonna be in the running for MVP. Stephen Jackson is IMO maybe the most underrated player in the NBA. If they can keep all their players on the court, I expect this team to win 59 at the very worst.

Philadelphia

????

Iverson

Igoudala

Webber

Dalembert

will they star iverson as the point guard, and bring korver into the starting lineup? will they find a big point guard (like marko jaric) to complement iverson? can iverson and webber coexist? will complacency settle in with all the big contracts that were handed out? can they stay injury free? good teams, but shouldnt be higher then a 6 seed

The Sixers are actually my sleeper in the East. I pick them to win the Atlantic, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get to the second round. I think they're probably done for the offseason. I expect they'll go with the same starting lineup they did last season AI/Korver/Iggy/C-Webb/Dalembert. AI will probably in the top 3 scroring again. I also expect his assists to go up, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him lead the league in steals again. He won't be MVP because the Sixers won't win the east, but his name will certainly get thrown out in the debate again.