PDA

View Full Version : Bob Sura to miss pre-season, might not return to basketball

EricaLubarsky
09-29-2005, 02:18 AM
[READ]article (http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/37394/20050928/sura_to_undergo_knee_surgery/)
ESPN - Bob Sura, who is expected to start at point guard for the Rockets, will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right knee, the team announced Wednesday.

The team did not disclose when Sura would undergo surgery. Training camp begins Tuesday.

"I'm optimistic about it because I just know how tough he is, and from what the doctors say, he's still got some miles left in that knee," Rockets general manager Carroll Dawson said.

article (http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/37396/20050929/suras_future_clouded/)

Houston Chronicle - With his right knee so damaged that his doctor called it "a train wreck," Rockets point guard Bob Sura will undergo surgery today that he says could determine if he will ever play again.

Sura, a key to the Rockets' 2004-05 turnaround when he came back from offseason back surgery, underwent arthroscopic surgery in May to clean out loose particles in the knee that pained him for much of last season. But he said the knee hasn't improved.

"I'm going to undergo another knee surgery ... and don't know how it's going to respond," Sura said Wednesday. "I have some serious problems in there arthritis and bone on bone and some cartilage damage so I really don't know. I don't have a good answer.

"I think that (the potential end of his career) is something I'm looking in the eye right now. Some problems you have in a knee just can't be fixed. Hopefully, I'll be able to get through another season or two, but I really don't know."

Drbio
09-29-2005, 08:27 AM
That's too bad. I hate the Rockets and all but I certainly think Sura was a decent guy.

Dirkenstien
09-29-2005, 04:06 PM
I sympathize with Sura's situation and wish him the best in his recovery.

On the other hand, I'm glad he plays for the Rockets.

jayC
09-29-2005, 10:12 PM
The Rockets will be a very interesting team with or without Sura. They still don't have a lot of athletic ability in the backcourt. In my book T-mac is a small forward so he doesn't count. Swift is an upgrade over anything they had at powerforward. Offensively they aren't that scary, defensively maybe? The key to the season is can Dirk destroy guards like T-mac on the post on a regular bases.

DevinHarriswillstart
09-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Injuries are just part of the game. I'd much rather have a funk'd knee then some of these heart problems players are having lately. At least you can 80% of the time come back from a knee injury. Never know though, everyone thought Jason Kidd was done after his last knee surgery.

But when it comes to game time.....Terry is gonna school him anyway you put it.

mavsman55
10-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Well, this certainly puts Rafer Alston in the spotlight. This may be a blessing in disguise for the Rockets.

alby
10-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by: mavsman55
Well, this certainly puts Rafer Alston in the spotlight. This may be a blessing in disguise for the Rockets.

... or a curse