PDA

View Full Version : Darko a flop...and a minor criminal?

EricaLubarsky
10-13-2005, 03:11 PM
link (http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/37543/20051013/darko_arrested_in_suburban_detroit/)
AP - Pistons forward Darko Milicic was arrested in suburban Detroit and charged with driving with a suspended license.

The 7-footer from Serbia-Montenegro posted $100 bond and was released, police said. A court date will be set in the next few weeks.

Milicic, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2003 NBA draft, was pulled over Wednesday afternoon on suspicion of having illegally tinted windows, Sterling Heights Police Lt. Michael Reese said. A routine check of his driving record showed his license had been suspended for two unpaid traffic tickets in another city

=====================================

What a knucklehead for driving without a license, but lol--suspicion of tinted windows? What the hell is that?

chumdawg
10-13-2005, 03:19 PM
I believe the word you were looking for was smooth criminal.

Five-ofan
10-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Its illegal for your windows to be tinted to much but Ive never heard of someone getting pulled over for it. Usually you just cant pass an inspection for it.

EricaLubarsky
10-13-2005, 03:34 PM
maybe they were so dark that police couldnt tell that he is white...

SeriousSummer
10-13-2005, 04:01 PM
You're probably right Erica. Having grown up in Michigan I know that DWB is definitely grounds to be stopped in Sterling Heights.

Thespiralgoeson
10-14-2005, 05:09 AM
Darko may be a minor criminal, but at 20 years old I think it's a bit early to call him a "flop," especially since he's never gotten off the bench for more than a couple of garbage minutes. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him become an all-star within the next two or three years.

FilthyFinMavs
10-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Yea your windows can't be anymore than 5% tinted correct? Never heard of being pulled over for such a crime though. Darko still has time to be atleast a serviceable role player. I just don't know how he's gonna get any sort of pt behind Ben Wallace, Rasheed or Mcdyess.

FreshJive
10-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
maybe they were so dark that police couldnt tell that he is white...

He is a feruner though.

So I guess that his windows weren't even tinted too dark? I can sympathize. I never remember to renew my damn liscense, and I forget about traffic tickets, inspection stickers, etc... I can't claim to be a five-ofan.

poohrichardson
10-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Darko is NOT a flop.. let Flip (who is, by the way, better at maximizing production from the bench than was LB) coach him for a couple of years.

Hitman
10-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Darko had a nice line in last nights preseason game...and currently leads the NBA Preseason in blocks per minute...

for whatever that is worth.

Funny...I heard an interview with Rick Majerus a couple of years ago.

They asked him about Darko going #2.

He said he knew Darko well and had seen him play numerous times in Europe. He said they would be killing Joe D for two years over the pick, but that eventually Darko would be the best basketball player in the world.

We shall see, I suppose.