PDA

View Full Version : Miami/Indy

poohrichardson
11-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Jermaine O'Neal buries a huge jumper in the clutch against the tough defense of Alonzo Mourning.. then turns to the Miami bench, laughs, and jogs down the court.

Reasons like that are why he's my pick to win the MVP this season, and the Pacers to win the East.

dirno2000
11-03-2005, 10:29 PM
J-O Neal was huge down the stretch...he hit a couple of huge jumpers and also knocked down his FT's to make it a three point game.

Also, the Walker experiment is showing early signs of failure...that guy just can't stop himself from shooting in the last five minutes of the game...pass the ball to Wade and get out of his way...

poohrichardson
11-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Gotta love 'Toine stroking the three....

...and stepping out of bounds.

DeusDeOmini
11-04-2005, 12:05 AM
JO has no shot at the MVP on stats alone. Unless Indy has the NBA's best record, it aint happening.

Thespiralgoeson
11-04-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by: DeusDeOmini
JO has no shot at the MVP on stats alone. Unless Indy has the NBA's best record, it aint happening.

Well the best record thing is pretty much a given. You pretty much have to at least win your conference to be MVP; the only reason Dirk wasnt it last year. But what wrong with JO's stats anyway? I mean really, he'll probably average something like 25 and 11 this year.

rakesh.s
11-04-2005, 07:51 AM
he always looks great early in the season, and then gets hurt around playoff time. I don't expect this year to be any different. He's too fragile.

MavKikiNYC
11-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Also, the Walker experiment is showing early signs of failure...that guy just can't stop himself from shooting in the last five minutes of the game...pass the ball to Wade and get out of his way...

Noticed the same damn thing. Not just the step out of bounds, but at least two 3-point attempts way early in the possession, plus his usual assortment of missed 2-footers.

Wade did not look happy.

DeusDeOmini
11-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson

Well the best record thing is pretty much a given. You pretty much have to at least win your conference to be MVP; the only reason Dirk wasnt it last year. But what wrong with JO's stats anyway? I mean really, he'll probably average something like 25 and 11 this year.

lol, JO will average 25/11? In what league? Not this one. He'll average 21/10 at best.

Thespiralgoeson
11-04-2005, 05:54 PM

lol, JO will average 25/11? In what league? Not this one. He'll average 21/10 at best.

Actually, without looking it up, I think he averaged 24.5 last year.

#1MavsFan
11-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah he scored 24.3 points a game last year and pulled down 9 RPG while playing some pretty good D, he is starting to get really underrated.

DeusDeOmini
11-05-2005, 01:47 AM

Actually, without looking it up, I think he averaged 24.5 last year.

He also played like 30 games. In a FULL season he hasn't averaged more then 21 ppg i believe. And last year he only averaged 9 boards.