PDA

View Full Version : Sound familiar?

dude1394
11-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Does Gary Payton ever get tired of running his mouth, why teams keep signing this old fella is beyond me.

Payton Wants Team To Change Tactics
"In the wake of Saturday's loss, Gary Payton questioned some of the offensive tactics of coach Stan Van Gundy. 'If I was the coach, I would do it a different way,' Payton said. He made his comment while addressing Van Gundy's preference for constant ball movement instead of playing directly to a hot hand." -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel

paytonisanut (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-051107)

EricaLubarsky
11-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Payton wants SVG to trade for Kobe so he can piggyback a championship ring?

Drbio
11-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Payton is becoming the hoops equivalent of TO.

chumdawg
11-08-2005, 02:57 AM
And the rest of that story says that Payton made his comments in a relaxed, non-confrontational manner--markedly different from T-asshole-O.

What about the possibility that Payton is speaking the truth? I don't know that Stan Van Gundy deserves that much credit. And we all know that a team with Antoine Walker aboard is a difficult team to coach. The guy has talents, to be sure. But he also has severe weaknesses. How do you maximize his talents while minimizing his weaknesses, all the while keeping everyone happy? It's not an easy question.

dude1394
11-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Payton should shut up and play ball. He's no more than a bench-warmer at this point. Even if he's talking the truth, he probably isn't listened to because he's running his mouth all of the time. It's only 3 games into the season for goodness sakes. If he didn't want to play for gundy he shouldn't have signed there. But miami deserves him if they signed him. I can't think of a better team I would rather see blow up than one with shaq on it.