PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys sign La'Roi Glover

grbh
03-12-2002, 10:25 AM
Nice pick up. This will be the first guy we have had who really put a lot of heat on quartebacks in a long time. Only 8 sacks last year, but had 17 the year before. I think it is a great pickup. Rumored to be a 5 year deal between 3.5-5 mil per year. Don't know how big the signing bonus is.

Link (http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0312/1349923.html)

Big Boy Laroux
03-12-2002, 10:45 AM
ok, this pisses me off! i'm originally from louisiana, so i pull for the saints. and they just lost one of their best defensive players... that sucks.

Murphy3
03-12-2002, 10:46 AM
excellent pick up for the cowboys.
this will make the defensive ends more effective..will give the cowboys a solid 4 man rotation at tackle..and thus, will help out the corners and will allow the safeties to play further off of the line because they won't have to focus as much on run stopping..which in turn will help the cowboys anemic interception numbers.

this defense has a chance to be very, very good..especially if they can pick up Q.Jammer in the draft..or pick up one of the top defensive ends.

personally, i'd like to see them get jammer...he's an excellent corner.. close to a shut down corner and perhaps the best tackling corner back to come out of the draft, ever

madape
03-12-2002, 11:43 AM
There are some really good defensive tackles in the draft this year too. I'm not sure that Glover's signing rules out that the Cowboys will pick one with the sixth pick. Wendell Bryant from Wisconsin and Heynesworth from Tennesee look to be picked around the Cowboys spot. Either would help solidify the interior.

I still like Jammer though.

Big Boy Laroux
03-12-2002, 12:00 PM
is peppers expected to go in the top 5? he is a monster...

Drbio
03-12-2002, 11:21 PM
I think the Cowboys are looking at running backs and receivers in the early rounds. No kidding.

Flying Tiger
03-13-2002, 03:54 PM
Sucks to be a Saints fan...they just lost their 2 best players.

Bayliss
03-13-2002, 05:05 PM
I hate TU with all my heart but Dallas better select Q. Jammer. Rick Gosselin believes he's the best prospect and readdy to make the biggest impact.

Besides, do you honestly **want** Larrimore and Goodrich/Edwards starting?

A lineup of Noble, Ekuban, Ellis, Noble, Nguyen, Coakley, Jammer, Woodson (and two other "rotation players a la Michael Myers etc) would form a very taleneted defense.

Murphy3
03-14-2002, 10:44 AM
actually, the cowboys corners from last year showed a little something.. the only problem is..is that the defense as a whole had very little big play capability... a very low number of interceptions and sacks... glover will help with both of those categories.

i'd like to see a corner or safety added with the first pick (hopefully roy williams or qj)
with the second pick, the cowboys may look more towards RB or WR.
if they don't sign S.Alexander, they may even look tight end on the second round pick.....

just a thought

The Crippler
03-14-2002, 04:55 PM
bayliss, larrimore was released last year. And actually, Mario Edwards is proving to be a pretty good corner. I'm not sold on Jammar though.

Bayliss
03-14-2002, 05:44 PM
<< bayliss, larrimore was released last year. >>

Well.... hell. I'm thinking of another undersized corner. Oh yeah it was Suane Hawthorne(sp?).

Want to take bets that Q. Jammer ends up like Shawn Springs (the other &quot;great&quot; corner from Texas)?

I still think Dallas should take Jammer if he is available.