PDA

View Full Version : Who is Smush Parker?

chumdawg
11-26-2005, 12:53 AM
And why is he starting for no less than the Los Angeles Lakers? It offends my sensibilities that I can be what I consider a fairly observant fan of the NBA in general, and especially of player movement in the offseason and what have you, and this guy is getting announced for the home team at Staples Center yet I don't know him from Adam.

What gives? Someone fill me in. This one whooshed right over my head.

endtroducing MASKED
11-26-2005, 01:07 AM
he went the Daniels route and wasn't drafted. he got signed up first by Cleveland, did alright there, then they decided Wagner was the future (heh) and he lost his spot...he was in Detroit for a bit (Brown loved him) and with Phoenix for a bit last year after he went to the Florida NBADL team. he went to Fordham for college. he was a legend there and he's kind of like a bigger, less talented version of Terry. he's a solid end of the bench option but isn't really capable of playing a role as big as on the one the Lakers have handed him.

alby
11-26-2005, 01:38 AM
he is the starting point guard on the Lakers, and is a very capable player alongside Kobe in the backcourt. He is a pretty good shooter with range and he has size (Phil loves big guards). His college coach is now an assistant for Seattle, and if you saw the dunk he had last night.. afterwards, he stared his former coach down because Smush felt his coach cost him a spot in the Lottery. I love this kid, and that is why he is on my fantasy =P

Dtownsfinest
11-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Yea he was pretty good for the Cavs. Not sure why they didn't obtain him but I don't even recall him playing last year. He has talent though. Not that streetball matters but i've seen him kill players at the Rucker. I think he was farely young when he came into the league. Looked like a 16 year old. He's having a pretty good year this year. He has to be a candidate for MIP at this point of the season.