PDA

View Full Version : No Patterson/Najera Trade Imminent

birdsanctuary
11-26-2005, 01:02 PM
26th November, 2005 - 12:02 pm

Rocky Mountain News - REAL GM/Link Here (http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/38084/20051126/no_patterson/najera_trade_imminent/)

George Karl does not foresee Denver trading Eduardo Najera to Portland for troubled swingman Ruben Patterson. TNT reported Thursday the Nuggets have discussed such a deal with the Trail Blazers.

"I don't think it will happen," Karl said. "It might be a de-energizer. Right now, we've got to stay strong and figure it out. I love Ruben as a basketball player. But, if he doesn't get minutes, he doesn't get the opportunity, I'm not sure (where he might). We need a bigger body."

The Trail Blazers sent Patterson home for the final six games of an ongoing seven-game trip after he cursed at coach Nate McMillan during a game Sunday at New York regarding lack of playing time. Patterson is averaging 7.0 points in 19.3 minutes.

If the Trail Blazers can't trade him, there is talk they might buy out his contract. He is making $6.4 million this season and $6.8 million next season in the final year of a six-year, $34 million deal. It remains to be seen whether the Nuggets might have interest then.

"That's something I can't control," Najera said of his name being linked to a report about a possible trade. "I don't even want to think about it. It makes you worry if you think about it."

alby
11-26-2005, 01:59 PM
This is a big mistake for Denver IMO.

4cwebb
11-26-2005, 11:15 PM
The Nuggets need size, and in trading Najera they'd be giving away a player who is willing to bang with the big boys, even if he isn't a big boy himself. Patterson doesn't shy from any sort of matchup, but he's not as effective a post defender against PFs as Najera is, imho.

TheMurph
11-29-2005, 01:14 AM
Najera is still in the NBA?

young_gunner
12-02-2005, 05:16 PM
that is a stupid question to ask.. Najera is one of the better defensive players and a real fearless player... One of the better scrap players and someone who is willing to give up his body for the better of his team.... Even though he is a cocky bastard!!!!!!

Murphy3
12-02-2005, 08:49 PM
... Fake hustler...
... terrible defensive rebounder...
... not that good of a defender...