PDA

View Full Version : Mourning is a beast

jthig32
11-28-2005, 10:58 PM
I realize this probably did not necessitate a thread, but there was nothing around I could just throw this in.

Anyway, my point: Mourning had 9 blocks in 24 minutes tonight. That strikes me as rather amazing...That's just over a block every 2.5 minutes.

Drbio
11-28-2005, 11:10 PM
He is playing very well in the absence of Shaq. I am still concerned about his kidney but he is performing well.

DubOverdose
11-28-2005, 11:49 PM
And he is on my fantasy team! Boy am I glad I dropped Dampier for Mourning!

Rhylan
11-29-2005, 12:08 AM
I made a comment to my buddy tonight, "wasn't that guy supposed to be dead or confined to a bed by now?"

So much for the health concerns, eh? A remarkable physical feat, for sure.

Drbio
11-29-2005, 08:25 AM
I made a comment to my buddy tonight, "wasn't that guy supposed to be dead or confined to a bed by now?"

So much for the health concerns, eh? A remarkable physical feat, for sure.

He is still dealing with his kidney issues every day. What is remarkable is that he can stand to do so. The title of this thread is a pretty good one. I'm sure there are days where he just flat out feels like crap but plays anyways. Sadly though, he is putting himself into perilous risk. I wish him well but he is not well.

One note: The many (myself included) who said he would not finish that NJ contract were correct. However, he has miraculaously come back from those first two years. I'm impressed at his outward physical appearance and ability, but it is the inside that matters. The outside will fade as the inside decays. I worry that he isn't necessarily getting the best medical advice.