PDA

View Full Version : it's official... (Utah/LA)

Big Boy Laroux
12-02-2005, 09:12 AM
NBA refs are a joke. please tell me you guys saw that "foul" on brown at the end of the game. No contact whatsoever, except kobe exaggerating his follow-through FROM LEFT TO RIGHT to initiate contact with brown's arm.

If i were anyone on the jazz (especially sloan), i would be livid. i've been checking for post-game comments.

Dtownsfinest
12-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Fact is Devin made contact with Kobe. Whether Kobe sold the foul or not as soon as Kobe released the ball Devin got his hand. Kobe helped the cause by flopping, flinging or whatever you call.

Big Boy Laroux
12-02-2005, 10:34 AM
um, no he didn't. absolutely false. whatever contact was made was kobe making it with brown.

besides the fact that it was a horrible call because it came so late (after the shot was missed)

i didn't think it was a foul real-time, but then i saw the replay. there is AT LEAST a foot of space between brown's body and kobe's. so no foul with the body. so maybe's it's a foul on the shooting hand? watching the replay, there is contact on the hand, but this is the most ridiculous part. as i said above, kobe exaggerated his follow-through on his shot, moving his hand/arm from LEFT TO RIGHT to ram it into brown's upheld arm. i honestly don't care about either team, and i was pissed off about how bad a call it was.

I have to find the replay somewhere...

Big Boy Laroux
12-02-2005, 10:39 AM
i'm not at a computer that can access espn motion, but click the "WATCH" link under the lakers score:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/scoreboard?date=20051201

Big Boy Laroux
12-02-2005, 10:44 AM
ha ha ha! look at this link!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=251201026

and the line: "Bryant said Brown got him in the legs."

which is ABSOLUTELY not even remotely true.

Big Boy Laroux
12-02-2005, 10:47 AM
ah, here we go. found a picture, at least. brown's arm, straight up, kobe hitting it to the left. who shoots like that? other than reggie miller, no one.

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/SLCC10712020733.jpg

the better angle is from the side, though, where you can see all the space between them.

Dtownsfinest
12-02-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm not totally disagreeing with you. Kobe pulled a vintage Reggie on that move but Devin got Kobe's hand. Usually that type of contact isn't called but Kobe drawed contact and there was a foul. I wanted the Jazz to pull it out but they didn't. I like their team. I think they are slowly molding a team that Sloan can contend with.

Big Boy Laroux
12-02-2005, 12:14 PM
argh. devin did not get kobe's hand. devin's hand was straight up, and kobe flung his hand into it.

let's look at the picture. normally, on kobe's shot, his regular follow-through would be right over devin's head (he doesn't have a normally weird shot, like Reggie), but look at how far he flung his hand to the left to hit devin's. ridiculous.

EricaLubarsky
12-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Reffing was a joke all night. Basketball is an entertainment sport like Wrestling where superstars are made and preserved

Rhylan
12-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Hearing this makes me glad I didn't stay up to finish the game last night.

I.
Hate.
Kobe.

Big Boy Laroux
12-02-2005, 02:56 PM
i mean hell, even in our game... dirk obviously shoves duncan out of bounds. duncan gets called for traveling. huh?!

Rhylan
12-02-2005, 03:02 PM
hahah... yeah, that was funny. Dallas was trying to foul Duncan and get the clock stopped. When no foul was called, you saw some frustration right before the whistle blew. Then it was like, "oh, they called traveling? We're happy now!"

Officiating is better now than 5-6 years ago.. to me that was a low point. But there are still some deficiencies otu there.

Murphy3
12-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Come on you guys. Let's all admit that you're bagging on the Refs on that Kobe play simply because you do not like the rapist. Admit it, if he wasn't so self absorbed when not raping women and getting Shaq run out of LA, you guys would love him. He's a true professional and just look at the tat that he has for his wife on his arm!! He's a ladies man and he's self-absorbed me first Terrell Owens wanna-be shooting guard. What's not to like?

Just do me a favor and get off of his back.

Murphy3
12-02-2005, 03:12 PM
dbl post

Five-ofan
12-02-2005, 03:20 PM
That was a terrible call any way you slice it.

AxdemxO
12-02-2005, 11:20 PM
kOBE WAS NEVR TOUCHED ON THAT PALY...THAT SHOULD B ONE OF THE WORST CALLS IN HISTORY..I SWEAR IF I WAS IN THE AUDIENCE I WOULD HAVE STARTED A RIOT...THATS HOW UPSET I WAS BY THAT CALL.

jUST TO ADD KOBE IS THE MOST SELFISH PLAYER IN THE NBA

Murphy3
12-02-2005, 11:25 PM
kOBE WAS NEVR TOUCHED ON THAT PALY...THAT SHOULD B ONE OF THE WORST CALLS IN HISTORY..I SWEAR IF I WAS IN THE AUDIENCE I WOULD HAVE STARTED A RIOT...THATS HOW UPSET I WAS BY THAT CALL.

jUST TO ADD KOBE IS THE MOST SELFISH PLAYER IN THE NBA
Well said..especially the riot part.

alby
12-03-2005, 03:20 AM
the officiating late in games have been pretty bad IMO so far this year..